oil10

Jun 15, 2012
Oilers at the Trade Deadline .......

EDM - Zub. 2024 4th

OTT - Foegele, 2024 1st, Broberg
--------------------------------------------

EDM - Carrick, Henrique (50% retained)

ANA - Ceci, Bourgault, 2026 3rd

** 3rd team is involved to retain money on Henrique, so his cap hit is around $1.4M
Oilers give either Savoie or a 4th round pick

Akrapovince

May 19, 2017
In a vacuum very good value for Zub. Enticing almost even with the hole that it would leave.

Unfortunately we would immediately be using those assets from Zub to look for… well, Zub.

Best case scenario? Sign someone from free agency and use Chychrun + the first from Zub to find a legitimate RHD. It would take a lot of pieces to fall into place.

Rec T

Jun 1, 2007
NKY
It's gonna take some deep thinking and imagination to figure out how that trade helps Anaheim.
Yep. Looking up Bourgault's stats I can't see why Anaheim would have any interest in him.

Ceci 'does' fit the RHD slot that's needed. But he's 30 & under contract for only one more year, & I really don't see him being around long term.

There should be a few more intriguing offers for Rico out there in the next few days.

No thanks

Gliff

Tank Commander
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Tennessee
As a Ducks fan, I would gladly take Ceci off your hands, but at least one of the other assets needs to be upgraded.
Why? He is the exact opposite style of player the Ducks should be looking for. Any value coming back should either be future/young assets or someone who actually helps the Ducks play a more structured game. Ceci aint it.

Carrick is probably worth a 3rd by himself. Considering the center market and what the centers have already fetched, he shouldnt have any issue getting a 1st.

No interest in Bourgault. Perreault has far better stats in the AHL and most Ducks fans have written him off. I would much rather get the Ducks scouts another 1st rounder then take a shot Bourgault will bounce back.

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
Like others have said, Zub just isn't available. The sens can't replace him internally.

KnockHobbler

Sep 13, 2018
Fair value but not a great idea for the team to trade Zub. Unless it was for 2 rhd of the same calibre

duxfan1101

Sep 20, 2014
California
Why? He is the exact opposite style of player the Ducks should be looking for. Any value coming back should either be future/young assets or someone who actually helps the Ducks play a more structured game. Ceci aint it.
I don’t like Ceci much either, but he’d pretty clearly be our 2nd best RHD and it would allow us to be slow with Luneau next year. And I’m sure we could get an asset for trading a Ceci at next year’s deadline (we saw what Lyubushkin just returned as a RHD). Not to mention we would, at worst, get him essentially for free in this deal, if not actually get paid to take him off their hands.

KevinRedkey

12/18/23 and beyond!
Jan 22, 2010
Ottawa may have the worst RD depth chart in the entire legue if they traded Zub. For that reason, they wouldn't even consider trading him - without an overpayment so large it's just not worth discussing at all.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Switch out Broberg(LD) for Desharnais (RD) +Akey (RD) and it's closer

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Oilers at the Trade Deadline .......

EDM - Zub. 2024 4th

OTT - Foegele, 2024 1st, Broberg
--------------------------------------------

EDM - Carrick, Henrique (50% retained)

ANA - Ceci, Bourgault, 2026 3rd

** 3rd team is involved to retain money on Henrique, so his cap hit is around $1.4M
Oilers give either Savoie or a 4th round pick
Massive no from Ottawa lol.

In a vacuum very good value for Zub. Enticing almost even with the hole that it would leave.

Unfortunately we would immediately be using those assets from Zub to look for… well, Zub.

Best case scenario? Sign someone from free agency and use Chychrun + the first from Zub to find a legitimate RHD. It would take a lot of pieces to fall into place.
Terrible value for Zub a late first, a prospect that looks like a bust and a dime a dozen player to even out the money. RHD are worth their weight in gold.

Sens need another Zub, if they could get one for Bostons first, and JBD they do it in a second. Which is clearly not available.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Switch out Broberg(LD) for Desharnais (RD) +Akey (RD) and it's closer
Its not close at all because it creates a massive hole for Ottawa. Sometimes you have to take into account both teams when making a trade proposal.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Its not close at all because it creates a massive hole for Ottawa. Sometimes you have to take into account both teams when making a trade proposal.
OTT gets a very good RD and a top Oilers RD prospect.
I didn't say it's close .. I said it's closer than the one with Broberg.

Desharnais > Broberg

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
OTT gets a very good RD and a top Oilers RD prospect.
I didn't say it's close .. I said it's closer than the one with Broberg.

Desharnais > Broberg
Whos the very good RD?... If he was very good you wouldnt be trying to trade him. Do you think we didnt watch the playoffs?

Its not happening Zub isnt going anywhere. Chychrun, Chabot, Tarasenko, Brannstrom, Kubalik etc these are the players they are considering moving.

• Haha
Reactions: LTIR

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Whos the very good RD?... If he was very good you wouldnt be trying to trade him. Do you think we didnt watch the playoffs?

Its not happening Zub isnt going anywhere. Chychrun, Chabot, Tarasenko, Brannstrom, Kubalik etc these are the players they are considering moving.
Not a single Oilers fan want Desharnais traded. This is just hypothetical discussion. Playoffs were a long time ago and if you think Desharnais, Skinner, Bouchard are still at that level then watch more Oilers. Desharnais is playing top 4 mins right now and Broberg is in AHL.

As stated earlier, VD+Akey in a deal gets edmotnon a lot closer to Zub than Broberg.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Not a single Oilers fan want Desharnais traded. This is just hypothetical discussion. Playoffs were a long time ago and if you think Desharnais, Skinner, Bouchard are still at that level then watch more Oilers. Desharnais is playing top 4 mins right now and Broberg is in AHL.

As stated earlier, VD+Akey in a deal gets edmotnon a lot closer to Zub than Broberg.
I watch the Oilers all the time I am sure you are aware the playoffs are a completely different beast. I hope they can continue this play into the playoffs and I hope that Edmonton does well. I want a small market Canadian team to have success. Still doesnt move the needle for Zub though.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $61.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Mainz vs FC Köln
    Mainz vs FC Köln
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $380.00