Confirmed Signing with Link: [EDM] Oilers sign Josh Archibald (1 year, 1M)

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
It’s amazing how some clubs see an area of need and get their top center, scoring winger, top pairing defender and here’s Edmonton with 3 top 6 forwards and a horrible collection of bottom 6 players.

In the teams defence they don't need any centers but they desperately need 2 more wingers that are a lock for 20 goals and a true #1D. Right now they have 3 Dmen that I'd consider to be #2/3 Dmen and a bunch of D prospects that could be anywhere from #1 Dmen to busts, the only prospects on the wing with top 6 potential is Benson, Yamimoto and Maksimov but the team needs scoring wingers that can play now. I doubt Chaisson hits 20 goals again unless they play him with Mcdavid and on the 1st PP unit but there are better options out there for that role. If this team had good wingers then they could play Mcdavid, Draisaitl and RNH on seperate lines and actually have 3 scoring lines.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
It’s amazing how some clubs see an area of need and get their top center, scoring winger, top pairing defender and here’s Edmonton with 3 top 6 forwards and a horrible collection of bottom 6 players.

it is a money thing

to add any top 6 forward your are looking at 3.5 to 4.5 and the problem is the cap situation for the Oilers

In theory the Oilers had 3.9 before this signing-- there are a few wild cards-- Bonuses to Smith and Bouchard (who looks like he will make the team)--Oilers can not carry over any cap penalties to the 20/21 season as they will find themselves in the same situations

this off season was all about finding live bodies, dirt cheap to full in a gap and that is it

Until the Oilers can move out either Lucic or Russel or Gagner

Oilers will not have the cap space to do anything till the summer of 21--Holland has a plan and spending lots of money right away is not going to happen

Snarky Coyote

Sponsor
May 3, 2009
Now with more snark
He is a feisty kid, fans will love his try and compete. Kid never gives up and he plays like he has 4 inches and 50 lbs more than he actually has. Hands of brick though generally. Not really offensively talented at moving the play forward but seems to be in the right place at the right time. If his hands were softer he would be a 25 goal scorer. I hope he works out and has a good show me year. He was let go because we have too many players just like him on the Yotes, some who are 2 way eligible and it was a numbers game.

This is the type of player Tipp loves. - you may find that is not so ideal as he plays the people he loves often more regardless of what makes sense.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad