Confirmed with Link: [EDM] Oilers sign Jason Garrison, Alex Chiasson (1 year, $650k)

Little Fury

Jun 21, 2006
Keep going on about every little thing , 1/2 of which doesn't even matter . I give the Reinhart trade looks bad and Chia should have gotten more for Hall but with the Reinhart trade who knows if we would have drafted the same players .

I haven't talked about any of that stuff for months, why are you dragging it up now?

I don't often agree with CO but I know like me he is passionate about the Oilers and wants a winning team . Some on here come across as trolls . The TML quickly rebuilt because the signed lots of NHL vets to 1 year deals then moved them at the trade deadline giving them tons of picks . So if we are out of the playoffs move out those contracts for picks

Wait, we're rebuilding now? Yikes.

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
I haven't talked about any of that stuff for months, why are you dragging it up now?

Wait, we're rebuilding now? Yikes.

This your problem . Where did I say we are rebuilding ? Try reading . 2 signing for 1 year to bring in some leadership . If we are out of the playoffs you move them for picks . There no down side to signing experience players to league minimum on 1 year deals . Yeah maybe they don't work out but at least we aren't locked into long term contracts .

Little Fury

Jun 21, 2006
This your problem . Where did I say we are rebuilding ? Try reading . 2 signing for 1 year to bring in some leadership . If we are out of the playoffs you move them for picks . There no down side to signing experience players to league minimum on 1 year deals . Yeah maybe they don't work out but at least we aren't locked into long term contracts .

I don't know where you get the idea I'm mad about these contracts. My only beef with signing Garrison is he's not very good, which hopefully won't be too big an issue if he's just limited to spot duty.

bucks_oil

Aug 25, 2005
Ha... that first Lowry goal, what a cluster of poor effort and poor decisions. 3 overt mistakes on one play (failing to take the body, getting stripped, then failing to track the guy to the slot)

Last edited:

MettleMcOiler

5-14-6-1
Mar 9, 2011
Edmonton
You do know that if Garrison didn't keep the puck onside to pass to McDavid, they wouldn't have scored the game tying goal. I think Garisson-Benning is a terrible D-pair though.

North

Jun 25, 2009
Benning is horrible no matter when you post. ;)

Garrison looks serviceable away from Benning.

Benning makes everyone he’s paired with look worse than they are.

They are stuck in the unenviable spot of trying to play their position while also covering for his mistakes.

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
I still don't get how Benning still has a job. Bouchard better be given alllllllll of the rest of the 9 games. And Bear, bring him back up.

Klefbom-Larsson
Nurse-Bear
Russell-Bouchard

That group of d-men makes me want to puke, but it's by far the best what we've got going for us.
If we decide the Bouchard needs to go down, we can trade a 2nd or 3rd rounder for a #5 d-man to play on the right side.
Simple as that.

Reactions: Blue line Howie

Blue Line Turnover

Oct 26, 2006
I still don't get how Benning still has a job. Bouchard better be given alllllllll of the rest of the 9 games. And Bear, bring him back up.

Klefbom-Larsson
Nurse-Bear
Russell-Bouchard

That group of d-men makes me want to puke, but it's by far the best what we've got going for us.
If we decide the Bouchard needs to go down, we can trade a 2nd or 3rd rounder for a #5 d-man to play on the right side.
Simple as that.
This is painfully obvious; Bear already looked better defensively than Benning during his short stint last year.

Darkwinter

Apr 4, 2010
This is painfully obvious; Bear already looked better defensively than Benning during his short stint last year.
Yep I knew I could not go a page without someone crying about the hall trade or bringing it up .i swear some of these posters need to get over it

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
Benning makes everyone he’s paired with look worse than they are.

They are stuck in the unenviable spot of trying to play their position while also covering for his mistakes.

Nurse is the only Dman who is really capable of succeeding in this, but if Nurse is having an off night or even an average night that pairing gets their lunch money stolen as well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad