Post-Series Talk: Boston Bruins Defeat Toronto Maple Leafs (win 4-3)

thefutures

Sponsor
Jul 2, 2017
What has Matt Tkachuk won? Lmfao, tough league my ass, I'd be asking Matt T why he ran away when the Oilers curb stomped them a few years ago. I jUsT wAnnA gO hOmE! Yeah right loser.

• Haha
Reactions: Chaos2k7

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
What has Matt Tkachuk won? Lmfao, tough league my ass, I'd be asking Matt T why he ran away when the Oilers curb stomped them a few years ago. I jUsT wAnnA gO hOmE! Yeah right loser.

Playoff rounds
/shrug
Eastern conference champion
3rd in hart trophy voting last year
Basically a ppg player in the playoffs and a game changer in the playoffs

BB79

Apr 30, 2011
I’m glad marner refereed to the players as a god in Toronto

Now next year when Toronto loses in the first round we can ask

“Where are your gods now”
I think Marner's behind is getting shipped out of Toronto anyways. They'd be wise to trade him for some better defensive assets.

TB musta had Vasisonov in goal
I thought his name was Vasectomy?

Selanne00008

Jun 2, 2006
NYC - UES
Good eye on breaking down the play.

Boston has been running this play with Pasta since Krug was on the team, just not nearly as much since he left as a free agent. Usually, the slapshot dump in would happen near the Boston blueline, but it still worked perfectly for them.
I haven't been in this thread the entire series. But man, that play was pure perfection in my eyes. Perfect timing, awesome speed by Pasta. Great intentional dump in by Lindholm.

Yes the breakdown can be pointing at a couple different culprits. But, in my eyes that's on Samsonov to poke check that puck away. He looked like he was sitting WAY back in the net could have almost easily broken up the attempt.

Edit: Re-Watching, yes Samsonov could have come out of the net much more. But yeah, that's on Sam/Marner/Nylander and the D as well. Entire crew. They got got by Pasta and a perfectly timed play. Just as much credit should be given to the Bruins than bashing TO on that one. It's quite pretty to watch!

Nylander with the SICK xbox disconnection. It's truly worse than Ovie's classic. Someone gif that up for me!

Last edited:

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
Quickly checks notes, who has even played games in the cup finals in their careers?

Yep, interesting take.

thefutures

Sponsor
Jul 2, 2017
Quickly checks notes, who has even played games in the cup finals in their careers?

Yep, interesting take.
Lol put that on a banner
So McDavid is Joe Thornton? Pretty stupid opinion to be honest
Nah I just find it funny when losers call out losers like they are somehow different. Also Matty T plays for the biggest loser of all Paul Maurice

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
I haven't been in this thread the entire series. But man, that play was pure perfection in my eyes. Perfect timing, awesome speed by Pasta. Great intentional dump in by Lindholm.

Yes the breakdown can be pointing at a couple different culprits. But, in my eyes that's on Samsonov to poke check that puck away. He looked like he was sitting WAY back in the net could have almost easily broken up the attempt.

Edit: Re-Watching, yes Samsonov could have come out of the net much more. But yeah, that's on Sam/Marner/Nylander and the D as well. Entire crew. They got got by Pasta and a perfectly timed play. Just as much credit should be given to the Bruins than bashing TO on that one. It's quite pretty to watch!

Nylander with the SICK xbox disconnection. It's truly worse than Ovie's classic. Someone gif that up for me!

Here's a couple more, albeit the stakes were far less

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
Lol put that on a banner

Nah I just find it funny when losers call out losers like they are somehow different. Also Matty T plays for the biggest loser of all Paul Maurice
We have a banner, Eastern Conference Champions. Not the ultimate goal, but a banner nonetheless.

What's your teams last banner? Pretty sure it's a Western Conference Champions banner, from much further back, 2006 or is it 2011?

Strange flex unless you just continue to be upset by Chucky... would think you would happier with him in the East

Last edited:

thefutures

Sponsor
Jul 2, 2017
We have a banner, Eastern Conference Champions. Not the ultimate goal, but a banner nonetheless.

What's your teams last banner? Pretty sure it's a Western Conference Champions banner, from much further back, 2006 or is it 2011?

Strange flex unless you just continue to be upset by Chucky... would think you would happier with him in the East
Nah just calling out a loser just like he was. Maybe that changes one of these years for him. Or maybe he gets spanked again and needs another change of scenery. If Matty was so sure of the result you think he might of went on the record before the game.

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
Nah just calling out a loser just like he was. Maybe that changes one of these years for him. Or maybe he gets spanked again and needs another change of scenery. If Matty was so sure of the result you think he might of went on the record before the game.
Bruins fans remember him calling a return trip to Boston after game 5 just last year.

He backed that up pretty nicely.

But hey, to each their own. Obvious you would get caught up in your feelings regardless of what is happening in real life.

Crosby2010

Mar 4, 2023
This is the first time that the Leafs have been eliminated that I didn't feel they could have done more. Honestly, their stars were hobbled, their hot goaltender got hurt (even though Samsonov wasn't why they lost) and they still nearly scored with 1 second remaining to win. They hit, they came back in the series, they certainly didn't get outplayed as it was very even and they lost to a darn good team. Someone was going to lose that series, what else can you do? A good team was going to be out. Such is life in that division. They weren't playing the Islanders or the Capitals or anything like that. I honestly think with the mix of Domi and Bertuzzi in there with the stars that if they are healthy that could win the Cup. Why not? They had the right mix. The power play was 1/21 and you aren't winning a series with that. But watching the PP made you realize just how much they missed either Matthews or Nylander there. And Matthews was maybe 50% if I were to guess. The guy relied on playmaking, which is not his forte in comparison to shooting. Honestly, the team doesn't need a shake up. This roster if healthy could have been pretty good. It doesn't need to get blown up.

sampollock

Jun 7, 2008
in my home
This is the first time that the Leafs have been eliminated that I didn't feel they could have done more. Honestly, their stars were hobbled, their hot goaltender got hurt (even though Samsonov wasn't why they lost) and they still nearly scored with 1 second remaining to win. They hit, they came back in the series, they certainly didn't get outplayed as it was very even and they lost to a darn good team. Someone was going to lose that series, what else can you do? A good team was going to be out. Such is life in that division. They weren't playing the Islanders or the Capitals or anything like that. I honestly think with the mix of Domi and Bertuzzi in there with the stars that if they are healthy that could win the Cup. Why not? They had the right mix. The power play was 1/21 and you aren't winning a series with that. But watching the PP made you realize just how much they missed either Matthews or Nylander there. And Matthews was maybe 50% if I were to guess. The guy relied on playmaking, which is not his forte in comparison to shooting. Honestly, the team doesn't need a shake up. This roster if healthy could have been pretty good. It doesn't need to get blown up.
After all these years of the same? its time to change the direction of this team.
or
Give mitch 12 million

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad