Confirmed Signing with Link: [EDM] Oilers sign D Cody Ceci (4 years, $3.25M AAV)

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
Straight up disgrace. Absolute nepotism and denial if you ask me. Oilers are going to give the Sabres a run for their money.
Lol okay. The amount of dunking on the Oilers as they've added to a team that was a clear playoff team already, is just silly now.

Captain Hook

Jul 12, 2007
Ceci was one of the biggest pleasant surprises for Pittsburgh last season. He had a very good season. He seems like a guy that can help you in a depth role but may struggle if you expand his role too much. Whether he's a good signing or not depends on the money, term etc. but like I said, he can definitely help in a depth role.

Reactions: Ol' Jase

Extra Texture

A new career
Mar 21, 2008
in a new town
Ceci was an absolute stud last year. Go back and watch some tape
Exactly. We were told all summer he’d be a dumpster fire and was finished as a player. He was sound, if mostly unspectacular, playing his role, and would occasionally step up with big goals and huge plays.

If Edmonton gets that version of him, for a fair price, and doesn’t expect him to be a first pairing guy, they’ll be very happy.

Good for the player, too. He’s turned his career around and I hope it continues. Most of the hot take brigade in here apparently haven’t seen him play since he was a Leaf.

The Moose is Loose

Jun 28, 2017
St.Louis
Lot of people here really don’t know what they’re talking about, he’s grown from his days of being awful in Ottawa. I think Ceci could be a savy pickup to play the #4 role and his numbers support that.

Ceci on a 3 x 3 contract vs Larsson on a 4 x 4 vs Savard on whatever he gets- give me Ceci

Reactions: Extra Texture

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
LeBrun says Barrie's extension will be finalized in the morning, so either that ends the Ceci talk, or Ceci is taking the spot of a defenseman (Bouchard or Bear) who is getting traded for help at another position.

Reactions: snipes

DrDangles

Mar 1, 2013
Honestly he exceeded my expectations in Pittsburgh, but anything more than 1 year at 2M considering the flat cap is bad.

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
I wouldn't expect Holland to know what PDO is. Ceci had the luckiest season of his 8 year career by a mile this season. Perfect timing to rob a crappy GM.

At least Oilers fans will have another punching bag.

Tairy Greene

Feb 2, 2020
LeBrun says Barrie's extension will be finalized in the morning, so either that ends the Ceci talk, or Ceci is taking the spot of a defenseman (Bouchard or Bear) who is getting traded for help at another position.
It would seem like a giant step back to have Ceci replace one of your young defensemen.

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
Or because it’s true? He’s done nothing impactful. Goalie situation is the same, defence is worse. He’s linked to middle/bottom tier players
thats more of an Edmonton thing than a Holland thing though. You think Seth Jones would want to go to Edmonton for example?

Three On Zero

HF Designated Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
thats more of an Edmonton thing than a Holland thing though. You think Seth Jones would want to go to Edmonton for example?
No, but by that logic we could even go one step farther and say it's a Canadian thing. You still hope to see Hollands name attached to at least attempting to lure some big fish even if it's futile

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
Oilers finally getting their man. They wanted him for Hall, got Larsson instead but with him walking Holland targets him now. What a great time to be an Oil fan

razor ray

May 8, 2011
Do you want to bet ? I would like fans who say shit like this to have the balls to put their money where their mouth is .
It was a joke. Ken left Detroit with a pile of long-term contracts and handed out NTC’s like candy. With that said…no he will not do that with Ceci.

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Evan Bouchard RN

tenor.gif

AK4774

Jul 27, 2021
He's basically Larsson level at this point just without the hype. If the Oilers get him at bargain basement price he'll be a savvy addition

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad