Confirmed Signing with Link: [EDM] Oilers sign D Cody Ceci (4 years, $3.25M AAV)

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Larsson and Bear out.
Ceci and Keith in.
Pretty big step back on defense imo.
Goaltending is meh.
Forwards look much improved though.
D this year vs last year
Nurse = Nurse
Barrie = Barrie
Keith > Jones
Ceci < Larsson
Bouchard > Bear
3LHD (tbd) ? Revolving door of 3LHD

Potentially we’re still better than last year. All depends on how big of a downgrade Lars to Ceci is.

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
Larsson and Bear out.
Ceci and Keith in.
Pretty big step back on defense imo.
Goaltending is meh.
Forwards look much improved though.

Its more like Larsson, Bear, Jones/4K out. Kieth, Ceci, Bouchard in.

Larsson was Jin consistent for us but gave us 2 good years. Bear was great in his rookie year but really bad since the playins. Jones/4K aren’t NHL Dmen but Jones has potential.

Kieth/Ceci are better overall then Bear/Jones/4K but not better then Larsson when he’s on his game. Bouchard will be a future top pairing Dman but who knows what this season will be like even though he’s looked good in his limited games.

I’m not worried about the D even though losing Larsson stings. I think the last two playoffs sealed Bears fate with his teammates and coaching staff but I would have liked to keep him for 1 more season. Our improved forward core should help the D and goaltending.

sandhu111

Mar 17, 2008
Edmonton, AB
7 games in he's been a pretty low event good #4 dman

Sounds more like the assessment given by penguins fans. Isn't punishing physically but use his body smart and doesn't shy away from physical play.

Great on the PK.

A little awkward with the puck on his stick at times. Needs to move the puck faster at times.

I was expecting a disaster from all the comments he looks adequate for a 3million dollar dman.

Jerkbait

Dec 12, 2019
Ceci beem fine. Great pickup. Oilers are rolling. He was very good in Pitt last year , still hexatll let him walk.

Reactions: 5 14 6 1

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
He's been a solid addition to the team thus far. Has paired well with Keith and they have been a solid 2nd pairing for us getting heavy Dzone deployment.

Moves the puck better than Larsson and is stronger than I expected. He is a good player that is worth his contract so far.

Seems like most of Holland's off season moves have paid off so far which I did not expect. I mean, you hope it does obviously but when you look at the track record over the years, most players Oil GM's have brought in ended up fizzling out.

Ceci, Keith, Foegle, Hyman etc. All have come in and are contributing. Keith not so much points wise but his break out passes and calmness with the puck have been fantastic. He's been a rock back there.

Bank Shot

Jan 18, 2006
A bottom 16 team for 5v5 has made this age poorly? Congratulations on being propped up by a good power play
They'll just keep pounding crap teams like Vancouver no doubt and you will never tire of being wrong about everything. :laugh::laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad