Confirmed Signing with Link: [EDM] Oilers sign Connor McDavid (8 years, $12.5M AAV)

chicago oiler

Jul 17, 2010
This Oiler fan is very pleased.

Hopefully Leon is taking notes based on Connor's classy handling of these negotiations.

pitcher

Jun 18, 2012
Would you take CONNOR MCDAVID, only ONE player, or for the same price TOMAS PLEKANC, JEFF PETRI and ALEXANDRE HENSKY, THREE players?

Beerfish

Apr 14, 2007
Not bad for the Oilers and for sure an essential for the team to lock him up. good for him.

Having said that most pro athletes in the big sports are grossly over paid.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
His name is Crosby. Pretty good argument for Karlsson too.

Crosby has a back-diving deal that is no longer possible. Without the 3mil years at the end, his AAV is 11 or 12mil under the current rules.

I dont expect Karlson to get much less than 12, personally.

DomBarr

Apr 7, 2014
Would you take CONNOR MCDAVID, only ONE player, or for the same price TOMAS PLEKANC, JEFF PETRI and ALEXANDRE HENSKY, THREE players?

those 3 specific players I take McDavid anyday...a different group of 3 players might make me think about it.

KingPuckChoo

Go kinGs Go !
Jun 24, 2007
are you aware that some teams won it all with Gaborik & Brown holding over $11m in cap space?

replace those two with McDavid, right?

fill up your team nicely and you should be fine

it's ludicrous to think that signing a franchise player to $100m shuts your window

if anything it opens the window

nevermind my info is wrong here lol

but id still do this deal 10 times out of 10 and you cans till contend for the cup w/ McDavid

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad