Confirmed Signing with Link: [EDM] Oilers sign Connor McDavid (8 years, $12.5M AAV)

CrypTic

Oct 2, 2013
Excellent contract for the Oilers. They locked McDavid in for 8 years and got a discount.

KingPuckChoo

Go kinGs Go !
Jun 24, 2007
Window=Shut. Guess he's not too interested in playing on a true contender. Impossible to build the quality depth needed to compete. Didn't learn a thing from Chicago.

are you aware that some teams won it all with Gaborik & Brown holding over $11m in cap space?

replace those two with McDavid, right?

fill up your team nicely and you should be fine

it's ludicrous to think that signing a franchise player to $100m shuts your window

if anything it opens the window

Hictor Vedman*

Unregistered Hedman
Sep 30, 2014
Ottawa
Connor is fantastically well spoken.

This guy handles a huge press conference better than I handle ordering a pizza on the phone.
Tell me about it. If I pick up food, and they tell me to enjoy my meal, I always seem to respond with, "you too!" and then feel like a bonehead walking out.

Dan403

Apr 2, 2014
This CAN'T be right!!!

All the oilfans were telling me it was gonna be 9.7

DomBarr

Apr 7, 2014
Woooooah 750k hometown discount :yo:

quick the oilers gotta go sign some plug to the league minimum...LOL...depth its all about the depth...

its a good deal...would be funny if it was discovered that the Chia leaked the 13.25 M just to shame McDavid into taking less...

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
Crosby at 8.7 just keeps looking better and better :laugh:

No doubt about it. Crosby is a bargain.

But Crosby's initial deal took up a greater % of the cap than this, and his next deal was artificially lowered with extra years tacked on the end that is now illegal with the current CBA.

DJJones

Nov 18, 2014
Calgary
lmao signed 6 years ago

In 6 years 12.5 will look like a mega steal as well when guys are getting 15-17

Also gotta pay more money for a better player

Escalator will most likely be reset next contract. I wouldn't count on that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad