Confirmed Trade: [EDM/NYR] Jayden Grubbe (signs 3 year ELC) for 2023 5th round pick - Signs ELC with the Oilers

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
pimp.gif

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
I'm sure most don't know anything about him. So here's some scouting info. Drury let it be known in April that he wasn't signing him. Most likely Oilers will end up signing him. He's a big kid who can play physical.

download.png

"He's one of those guys that plays for keeps every night," Sutter said. "His intensity is through the roof. To me, he's going to be a real solid National Hockey League player that brings the toughness that you love down the middle, brings the two-way game down the middle - someone a coach can put in in any situation, if needed.

I don't see second line center, but I think he has a shot of making the NHL in a bottom 6 role.

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
PPG in the WHL. The guy we was playing with is year younger and he had 50 goals in the WHL.

Maybe try signing him, he’s undrafted

He was drafted by the Rangers in 2021

I'm sure most don't know anything about him. So here's some scouting info. Drury let it be known in April that he wasn't signing him. Most likely Oilers will end up signing him. He's a big kid who can play physical.

View attachment 714207

"He's one of those guys that plays for keeps every night," Sutter said. "His intensity is through the roof. To me, he's going to be a real solid National Hockey League player that brings the toughness that you love down the middle, brings the two-way game down the middle - someone a coach can put in in any situation, if needed.

I don't see second line center, but I think he has a shot of making the NHL in a bottom 6 role.

Too intense for the Rangers is why they dealt him. They want a soft team that is easy to play against. This proves it. Life as a Rangers fan

Reactions: GreeningOil

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton

View attachment 714207

I won't judge his offense too harshly since playing for a Sutter seems to drag it down like a giant squid capsizing a boat

Kocur Dill

picklicious
Feb 7, 2010

View attachment 714207

Sounds exactly like the kind of player NYR has needed for as long as I can remember.

Makes perfect sense we'd let him go for a pick.

Konopka was a Ppg PITA in Juniors too.

Reactions: RangersFan1994

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
Uhhh he was drafted in the 3rd round in ‘21?

Also he would have gone back into the 2023 draft pool as a 2003 birthday. Not unusual to see CHL guys traded on May 31st since teams lose their rights on June 1st.

May 30, 2019: Toronto traded Fedor Gordeev (2017 5th rounder out of OHL) to Minnesota for conditional 2020 7th rounder

May 31, 2017: Tampa traded Boko Imama (2015 6th rounder out of QMJHL) to Los Angeles for conditional 2018 7th rounder

May 26, 2016: San Jose traded Dylan Sadowy (2014 3rd rounder out of OHL) to Detroit for 2017 3rd rounder

May 25, 2010: NY Islanders traded Jyri Niemi (2008 3rd rounder) to NY Rangers for 2010 6th rounder

WaW

Armchair Assistant Coffee Gofer for the GM
Mar 18, 2017
Makes sense. Per their HockeyDB pages, Grubbe has a similar head shape and facial structure to McDavid. If you make him copy McDavid's facial hair, you can easily just put McDavid's jersey on Grubbe if McDavid gets hurt. No one will ever find out.

• Haha
Reactions: McDoused

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
Sounds exactly like the kind of player NYR has needed for as long as I can remember.

Makes perfect sense we'd let him go for a pick.

Konopka was a Ppg PITA in Juniors too.
Drury "We need to get tougher!" ... "Get me Nemeth" "Get me Tinordi!" "Get me Reaves" "Get me Braun" ... "Get rid of them all!"
*playoffs*
"Why are we so soft?"
"Get rid of Grubbe"

Now, obviously I'm overreacting a little. But yeah, the inconsistent mindset is whack.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00