Confirmed with Link: [EDM/NSH] Oilers acquire Matt Hendricks for Devan Dubnyk

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
Trotz is the coach, Pollie makes the trades... They just needed someone until Rinne came back and Rinne is back now so they waived him.

lol, sorry. I kinda figured trotz was doing both in cash strapped Nashville. Not sure what I was thinking.:laugh:

Still though real poor player move by the preds. Somebody is going to pay for this one and Preds are missing playoffs again so there will be hell to go around.

shoop

Jul 6, 2008
Edmonton
Trotz has gotta be near done in Nashville. That was a horrible trade and then for owner to eat contract for a guy that played 2 games..:amazed:

Trotz is usually more astute than this, not sure whats going on with him. Burned out?

There were good reasons for Trotz to make the deal. With the Dubnyk situation he saved the team a little cash and courted some positive fan relations by dealing with the Hendricks situation.

For some reason the Preds fans see/saw the Hendricks deal as Horcoffian levels of terribad. On their board they felt he was way overpaid and had far too long a term. That doesn't really make sense to me on a few levels.

However, the Preds take public opinion into consideration when managing their teams. Maybe Six Rings should watch and learn!

For the Oilers the $1.85M per for Hendricks might even look cheap in a couple years. Yeah, maybe a two or three year deal would be preferable. Still a decent trade off to get rid of Dubnyk.

Nashville in essence paid $490K for a little insurance in case Rinne was out long-term and as a sweetener to get the Oilers to take the Hendricks deal. Not a hockey deal, but a smart cap move that appeased the fans.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad