Confirmed with Link: [EDM/NJD] Taylor Hall for Adam Larsson: Mod warning #191

Status
Not open for further replies.

Asher

Jun 23, 2007
Which stage are you at? I'm getting close to 7 already but the last few hours have been rough!

Typically, the seven (7) stages of grief are described as:
  1. - Shock or Disbelief
  2. - Denial
  3. - Anger
  4. - Bargaining
  5. - Guilt
  6. - Depression
  7. - Acceptance and Hope

I'm in the anger stage and expect to be there for quite some time.

Forgot About Drai

Dr Drai the Second
Jul 10, 2009
Edmonton
Its bad, but not as bad as people think. After the initial shock and disgust I've calmed down and stepped off the ledge. Still not particularly happy about the deal but...

A big, minute munching, defensively elite right handed dman makes this team instantly better. Not to mention he actually has a very nice outlet pass.

We didn't win this trade value-wise, but it makes our team a lot more well rounded and arguably better. I think this move along with Lucic and possibly Demers will translate to more wins for us.

Mc5RingsAndABeer

5-14-6-1
May 25, 2011
Seriously people need to relax. We are closer to a playoff team today then yesterday. Did we get full value no but that has more to do with Plante, Musil, and others busting instead of turning into legit defence men.

Lucic plus Larsson > Hall. At least for the next 3 years.

Lucic + Hall > Lucic + Larsson.

KarmaPolice

Snack enthusiast
Oct 5, 2007
In Limbo
That can't be correct, we had 10m in space I thought, and trading hall opened up 1.8

1.8m in cap space shouldn't be under-valued, either. How much do you think the Hawks would LOVE to have another 1.8m in cap space? They would kill for it. I hear Gregor not thinking much of it, but I think that's a mistake. It will help us sign Lucic, and sign Drai when needed. Every bit of cap space matters, and 1.8m cap space alone has a lot of value. So this actually wasn't a straight up trade. This was Hall for Larsson and almost 2m in cap space, which many teams would KILL to have. Still not an amazing trade, value wise, but I just don't think the cap space should be over looked.

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
A 3-4 guy is going to definitely zip us into shape.

You're missing the point. We gave up way more without much else coming back.

I can agree that there should've been a little + coming our way but are we really going to argue over some B prospect and a 2nd rounder or what-have-you?

I'm sure NJ didn't want to move Larsson and would've preferred moving Severson. It's not easy to move your best D. It'd be like us moving Klefbom for Blake Wheeler or something.

Baby Nilsson

Apr 20, 2006
Victoria
Which stage are you at? I'm getting close to 7 already but the last few hours have been rough!

Typically, the seven (7) stages of grief are described as:
  1. - Shock or Disbelief
  2. - Denial
  3. - Anger
  4. - Bargaining
  5. - Guilt
  6. - Depression
  7. - Acceptance and Hope

7. I'm ****ing exhausted lol

McDrailers

Apr 13, 2013
Newfoundland
But you didn't answer my question. What do you think Hall could have realistically fetched? Weber? Subban? OEL? Doughty?

I just don't think the value for wingers is very high.

Taylor halls value st least on paper is a hell of a lot closer to the names you mentioned than adam Larson who is one, maybe two tiers below the guys above

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad