Confirmed with Link: [EDM/NJD] Taylor Hall for Adam Larsson: Mod warning #191

Status
Not open for further replies.

bombers15

5-14-6-1
Mar 17, 2008
Well. Now Taylor and Tyler havw more in common, they were both traded by a meat head gm with no real knowledge of value

How much value do wingers have though? It seems to me like we didn't get full value for Hall either, but is Chiarelli really that unknowledgeable about the market? Could he have gotten Doughty or OEL and just didn't because he's an incompetent GM? I somehow doubt it.

PBandJ

If it didn't happen in the 80's, it didn't happen
Jan 5, 2012
Edmonton, Alberta
If they made this trade without having Lucic locked up I might just get on the "fire Chia" bandwagon.

That's the thing, they did.

Lucic cannot agree to anything until July 1st.

This team deserves a "yeah, I'm going elsewhere" from him.

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
That's the thing, they did.

Lucic cannot agree to anything until July 1st.

This teams deserves a "yeah, I'm going elsewhere" from him.
Because the team just pretty much guaranteed him a spot next to McDavid for the next x-number of years? Oh yeah, I'm sure he's pissed. :laugh:

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
While Larsson is an improvement on defense and I can get behind this trade with time, this sets a tone around the league and how they view Chia. It makes him look desperate and willing to trade anything. Teams are now aware and will play hard ball when Chia comes asking for their players.

I dunno. We just got a very solid RHD that can play tough minutes for us. We're not the same team anymore with a black hole on the right side. We have something decent in every area of our team now. There is very little reason for Chia to be desperate now, but there's no disputing he was on this deal.

tempest2i

Jigsaw Falling Into Place
Oct 25, 2009
Cowtown
So much wrong with this post.

1. He plays top pairing minutes right now. He IS a #2D right NOW.
2. He had 18 points playing with the WORST offense in the league and getting 0 PP minutes.
3. He has an elite first pass - points will come if the forwards can make something happen with his good pass.
4. His draft pedigree suggested a player that was better than Hedman - especially offensively.

Oilers fans have to stop crying about Hall and give this player a chance. We got a good one in Larsson, let him prove it to us like he proved to the NJ Devils fans last year.

You're fighting a tsunami of anger right now. I think we just have to let everyone have their little cry before this moves forward.

ohheyhemsky

Regehr DooDoo
Nov 1, 2010
DT Cowtown
For everybody whining about this, can you please tell us how many FULL NJ Devils games that you have watched in the past year or two?

Do you honestly need to watch any NJ games to understand that Chia doesn't understand player value?

I can confidently say that Taylor Hall should have fetched a much better defenseman coming back. This trade is utterly ridiculous.

frag2

Mar 8, 2006
An underrated horrible part of this trade is what we've just done to Draisaitl.

He goes from having support of one of the best wingers in the NHL to having one of Maroon or Pouliot? Good luck with that :shakehead

Nah remember experts were saying he was carrying Hall

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
So people want to quit on the Oilers now when they finally adressed the biggest need on the team since...well...forever? The thing everyone been screaming about wanting to get? Oh the hypocrisy.

ScrillaVilla

Sep 22, 2008
Edmonton
Well. Now Taylor and Tyler havw more in common, they were both traded by a meat head gm with no real knowledge of value

Watching him try to justify this trade is hard to stomach. When your only response to whether you just got butt raped is to throw ur hands in the air and say "thats a fair point spec" ur in trouble. I feel like my dog just got cancer or something.:cry:

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
I dunno. We just got a very solid RHD that can play tough minutes for us. We're not the same team anymore with a black hole on the right side. We have something decent in every area of our team now. There is very little reason for Chia to be desperate anymore.

I know what we have in Larsson. I'm a fan of his. I also know that RNH+Reinhart should have been enough. Chia got suckered in.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
WOW! I must say that I haven't watched enough of Larsson to say one way or another but my initial reaction is that NJ got the better of this deal. I sure hope that Larsson is as solid defensively as he's been advertised as being.

PBandJ

If it didn't happen in the 80's, it didn't happen
Jan 5, 2012
Edmonton, Alberta
So people want to quit on the Oilers now when they finally adressed the biggest need on the team since...well...forever? The thing everyone been screaming about wanting to get? The hypocrisy is too funny.

Nothing has been addressed. We got a #3-#4 D, and gifted away one of the best LW's in the game.

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
Do you honestly need to watch any NJ games to understand that Chia doesn't understand player value?

I can confidently say that Taylor Hall should have fetched a much better defenseman coming back. This trade is utterly ridiculous.

Tell me which team would move this "much better defenseman" for Taylor Hall.

ohheyhemsky

Regehr DooDoo
Nov 1, 2010
DT Cowtown
i don't even see how we fit him under the cap... nhlnumbers.com shows us at 68 million after the trade

Why the hell would he sign with a team that continuously mismanages itself into a hole?

This should be a pretty big indicator that we don't have a ****ing clue what we're doing if we have a GM who is defending this trade.

Mc5RingsAndABeer

5-14-6-1
May 25, 2011
WOW! I must say that I haven't watched enough of Larsson to say one way or another but my initial reaction is that NJ got the better of this deal. I sure hope that Larsson is as solid defensively as he's been advertised as being.

Larsson is one of the most underrated players in the league.

But this is still a horrific trade.

CM4

Oct 31, 2013
Edmonton
So people want to quit on the Oilers now when they finally adressed the biggest need on the team since...well...forever? The thing everyone been screaming about wanting to get? Oh the hypocrisy.

Are you clueless? Quit pretending that people are made about filling a team need. Every person in the hockey world knows Oilers got fleeced.

ohheyhemsky

Regehr DooDoo
Nov 1, 2010
DT Cowtown
Tell me which team would move this "much better defenseman" for Taylor Hall.

Then don't move him? Why give up Hall for the sake of giving him up, especially where value is so far a part on this?

Why wasn't there even a ****ing pick coming back our way?

I defended Chia for the Seguin trade when he got a giant turd coming back, but this is indefensible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad