Confirmed with Link: [EDM/NJD] Maroon for 2019 3rd Round Pick and JD Dudek

dem

Mar 17, 2002
Really? What was Vanek traded for? Keep in mind that Vanek is a much better two way player that is out producing Maroon.

Vanek has a loser stench on him...
League doesn't like him

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Have you watched Maroon in the last two months? Not a single **** was given. Recent performance and nagging injury I’m betting played a part.

Maroon Letestu and Davidson

For

Aberg, 3rd, 3rd, Dudek.

... I dunno. C grade maybe?
Have you watched Maroon in the last two months? Not a single **** was given. Recent performance and nagging injury I’m betting played a part.

Maroon Letestu and Davidson

For

Aberg, 3rd, 3rd, Dudek.

... I dunno. C grade maybe?
I can agree with that grading. Didn't win any trades, but didn't lose any either.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
I knew the expectations for Maroon were out of wack, especially if you watch how he's been playing these last few weeks. If I was a GM scouting Maroon I'd be pretty hesitant. Not only did he look slow out there, he looked mentally checked out, and apathetic on the ice. I think this same apathy on ice was the same reason we got Maroon for so cheap in the first place. Then you throw in the day-to-day injury he's currently dealing with. The McDavid factor. And UFA status. The fact that he's slow in a league that values speed. I don't know, I for one didn't think 2nd + prospect was going to be the deal. But 2019 3rd + SUPER UNDERWHELMING PROBABLY NOT AN NHLer JD DUDEK seems too low for what essentially was our best winger. In the end, the deal probably does reflect the market for Maroon but Chia is a GM who needs to show that he can hit some homeruns for us and so far he's been average to bad.

Reactions: Jamin

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Just stop.

Lets pretend that I didnt respond to your post...I am not going to engage your never ending pessimistic impending doom outlook.
Nothing personal but you are serious downer.
Yes I am. The Oilers have broken me with this year.

No cap space next year, no blue chip prospects pushing the AHL ceiling, no quality wingers... Tons to be excited about next year.

If this year results in a total house cleaning then I'll be really excited about next year. But this year hasn't given me any reason to be hopeful about next year.

PatrikOverAuston

Laine > Matthews
Jun 22, 2016
Winnipeg
Just stop.

Lets pretend that I didnt respond to your post...I am not going to engage your never ending pessimistic impending doom outlook.
Nothing personal but you are serious downer.

If you are constantly finding that reality isn't jiving with what's in your head, perhaps you need to look inward to find the problem.

Hockey Nightmare

Oct 25, 2007
So Maroon was just a product of McDavid and was therefore barely worth anything. It's sooo easy to score with McDavid. Someone please tell all the rest of our wingers that...

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
well the oilers got about what he was worth.
I think we all knew anyone who thought he could get a first were dreaming.
I'm still laughing that several people thought he could be worth a first plus a prospect.

good luck Maroon!

Yup...you called that out right away.
Honestly I think its just a tactic used to justify future negativity. Set up an unreasonable expectation then jump up and down and bitch about how Chia failed.

McFlash97

Oct 10, 2017
Chia should be refrained from dealing with Shero whatsoever. Shero keeps bending him over trade after trade. On one end you have the Wayne Gretzky of Gms, on the other hand you have Jussi Jokinen of Gm's.

Reactions: Aerchon

Draiskull

Oct 26, 2005
shouldve just kept him if this is all we were getting.

the 3rd is a 2019 3rd to boot.
the prospect is worse than McPhee \ Rasanen

Reactions: Aerchon

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
shouldve just kept him if this is all we were getting.

the 3rd is a 2019 3rd to boot.
the prospect is worse than McPhee \ Rasanen
Uhh...a third next year is actually better as the draft next year is better than this year.

kevy999

Sep 12, 2016
Chiarelli gets a D for this trade deadline.

No bluechip prospects. No 2ND or better picks. Team is worse...

Aberg is a Longshot for a declining Letestu. Meh but not terrible.

Losing a solid depth defender for a third is a net loss to the team despite a third being good asset relatively speaking. Davidson for third.

A third and 25 year old nothing prospect for a top 9 winger (Maroon) is garbage. A second would have been Much better imo. Shero must have something on Chiarelli. I like the Hall for Larsson deal but was expecting a second rounder to make up the difference. Now he scopes Maroon and avoids getting the second rounder yet again.

Only good thing is that we didn't get nothing for our UFAs. Hopefully Nuge can stick around with Maroon gone. Highly doubt Maron circles back. He will want get paid.
I just got dumber reading this laughable post lol Aberg give us lots more speed and skill on the wing and gets a chance with the Oilers. AS for Maroon???? We are lucky we even got that for him. He was a huge disappointment for the OIlers and only produced when playing with Mcdavid. You are cluelss thinking we would get anything better than we did. Vanek is a better player and look when they got for him. I don't like our GM and think he has sat on his fat ass doing not much for this team but as for the two trades at and near dealine i have no problem at all with. But i guess OIler fans complain about anything

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
If you are constantly finding that reality isn't jiving with what's in your head, perhaps you need to look inward to find the problem.

Yes...if you look around and ALL you see is bad news and impending doom it says a lot about the individuals internal overall perspective.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
From the 16-17 Oilers

Maroon - 27 goals
Letestu - 16 goals

Gone, so 47 goals to be made up other players. Lucic likely declining too.

Last edited:

Faelko

Aug 11, 2002
So he waited until literally the last second and this is all he could get and people are whining? How is losing Maroon for nothing better than a 3rd?

So many more reasons to hate Chiarelli than this deal, so many more.

Reactions: nabob

oXo Cube

Power Play Merchant
Nov 4, 2008
In your closet
your GM might be the worst in the league. wtf was he thinking?

Not that you're wrong with the first sentence but I'm pretty sure he was thinking that he didn't want to pay 4x4 or higher for a third liner.

Maybe Maroon will be back in July when he realizes that he's not gonna get that from anyone and the price comes down.

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
Lmao, what a trash f***ing return. The "prospect" is flat out underwhelming as well. Fire Chiarelli, before he makes more messes of deals. Block Garth Snow and Ray Shero from his phone too.

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
Not that you're wrong with the first sentence but I'm pretty sure he was thinking that he didn't want to pay 4x4 or higher for a third liner.

Maybe Maroon will be back in July when he realizes that he's not gonna get that from anyone and the price comes down.

i'm just shocked the offer wasn't more, although i suppose that's out of chia's hands

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad