Confirmed with Link: [EDM/MIN] Ilya Bryzgalov for MIN 4th Round Pick 2014

Arpeggio

Jul 20, 2006
Edmonton
No problem with this. This pick could be used to bring someone in.

Also I'm not a big fan of Bryzgalov, he did alright but I don't think he wanted to be here.

Debonair

PS4
Jul 20, 2004
Pick up Scrivens for a 3rd and trade Bryz for a 4th... good when you look at the big picture. Especially since Bryz probably wouldn't come back.

sepHF

Patreeky
Feb 12, 2010
We traded Smid to make room for Bryzgalov so we could trade him for a 4th.

dustrock

Too Legit To Quit
Sep 22, 2008
Mac T must have moved the most goalies in NHL history for 1 season.

Digger12

Gold Fever
Feb 27, 2002
Back o' beyond
I'm happy we got a 4th rounder + 20 games of .908% goaltending for someone we got for nothing but some money earlier in the year. It's not much, but I'll take something over nothing.

ohheyhemsky

Regehr DooDoo
Nov 1, 2010
DT Cowtown
Can someone tell me why the **** Smid was traded? Anyone?

Because he was a nice guy, who was one of our only solid D-men, having a slightly off year.

Duh.

The money was right for his type of play, and he was a perfect fit for a second pairing shutdown line. How in anyway does this fit the rest of the Oilers' plan? It's all about being the biggest pile of **** that was ever shat. Smid was ruining that image.

plikestechno

Mar 14, 2008
No way Bryz was signing here so a 4th is better than nothing. Hopefully Fasth is feeling better now. He's only signed through next year so no big whup.

Will be interesting to see what we get for guys like Hemsky and Schultz now. Probably not much, if anything. Thankfully their contracts expire at the end of the year anyways.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
Can someone tell me why the **** Smid was traded? Anyone?

My "guess" is because they didn't want to be tied to that contract with this type of player for any great length. Smid would be useful here, Right Now, but in a year? 2 years? 3 years? That's the question, does he become a boat anchor. If you, as management, dont' see this player as part of the "plans" going forward, why piss around with keeping him around.

Smid isn't here and isn't coming back, probably time to get over it. Plus if Smid's here, Marincin isn't.

As for this deal, perfect, get something for a guy you got for free.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad