Confirmed with Link: [EDM/LAK] Oilers trade Jussi Jokinen to LA for Mike Cammalleri

MinimaMoralia

May 1, 2015
Eh. Why not.

I can maybe see Strome working well with Cammy. Doesn't do anything to help the speed on that line but hey.

I also would not be shocked if Cam flatlines here. He had some decent chemistry going in LA.

Forgot About Drai

Dr Drai the Second
Jul 10, 2009
Edmonton
Honestly if you think about it, this the type of trade Chia really excels at. The maroon, kassian, cammy trades is where he gets his value in and shows his skills as a good GM.

Unfortunately, I believe he leaves much to be desired when making large long-vision type moves. Just my opinion.

MaxR11

Mar 28, 2017
I think I can speak for most

after visiting the LAK board

this trade sort of confuses everyone

JJ was not clicking in Edmonton but CAm was in LAK

ya makes you wonder.... attitude? dressing room issue etc.... something off ice? or maybe just flat out did not play responsible hockey and cheated too much for the King's liking? who knows. Jokes would integrate better into a defensive system.

McDeepika

Aug 14, 2004
Jokinen used to be a real good player so I was excited to get him even though I didn't watch him last year. Clearly isn't the same player anymore. Not expecting much from Cammaleri but hey worth a shot I guess. Not really sure where he fits in the lineup

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
Could be a solid pickup. Should help the PP at the very least, he's always had a great shot.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
It would be great if Strome and Cammalleri found some chemistry.

That would give the team 3 solid pairings in their top 9.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
It also may be a shot across the bow at Maroon, signaling to him that your top line LW spot may have some competition.

Valid point.
I havent paid much attention to MC at all the past couple of years...I cant remember how good of a skater he is.

slaman

McOilers Fan
Oct 22, 2010
Toronto
I have no idea why LA does this... Great trade by Chia.

JJ was the most frustrating forward to watch this year. He's not an NHL player anymore if this season is any indication.

I hope Camm kick starts the bottom 6.

Weitz

Sep 23, 2014
If he can keep up his point production it’s highway robbery. Cammalleri is still on pace for 40 some points, which will be more than any of our bottom 6 will ever amount to.

Slightly hidden by the fact the kings are playing extremely well. It will be if he can keep it up with the Oilers. I have my doubts.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
pretty slow and injury-prone at this point
but he can help the PP imo...he's got a great shot

Yeah...just checked and the last couple of years has been a bit of challenge for him injury wise.
Despite that though he has been quite consistent offensively. He is still a solid 0.5 ppg player.
Here's hoping he can stay healthy.

Jesus Take the Wheel

Jul 9, 2015
Edmonton
I like the move from the Oilers point of view, liked the Jokinen signing at the time but it clearly wasn't working out. Hopefully Cammalleri can mesh better with the team and be a solid vet that keeps up that .5 ppg production he has so far

Mav3rick07

Jul 28, 2007
Nice !!!

I hope Strome is next .

Will Jokinen go down as the worst Oiler of all time ? 13 games , 1 assist and completely useless.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad