Confirmed Signing with Link: [EDM] G Jack Campbell signs with the Oilers (5 years, $5M AAV)

Status
Not open for further replies.

darrylsittler27

Oct 21, 2002
Then this place will really explode. The so-called best player in the world will suddenly go down a few notches I'm sure.
It funny you say that. I always knew it would happen ever since McDavid wandered upto Marner on draft day and said " You are so lucky!"

• Love
Reactions: MCR74

TheScandal89

Jun 26, 2016
It funny you say that. I always knew it would happen ever since McDavid wandered upto Marner on draft day and said " You are so lucky!"

Is that actually true? I find that hard to believe. I get that getting drafted and playing for your hometown team is great, but it's not like he got drafted by Arizona. The Oilers have a good hockey market, with good fan base. Plus the Leafs were still basically in absolute shambles back then, while the Oilers had Nuge, Hall, Drai, Eberle and...Yakupov. And even still, while I think we have the better team on paper currently, they've still made it farther in the playoffs several times.

Reactions: Dempsey

darrylsittler27

Oct 21, 2002
Is that actually true? I find that hard to believe. I get that getting drafted and playing for your hometown team is great, but it's not like he got drafted by Arizona. The Oilers have a good hockey market, with good fan base. Plus the Leafs were still basically in absolute shambles back then, while the Oilers had Nuge, Hall, Drai, Eberle and...Yakupov. And even still, while I think we have the better team on paper currently, they've still made it farther in the playoffs several times.
Yes I watched it live. No way Edmonton is better in paper with a full lineup. Edmonton drops off sharply after McDavid and Drasitl. Leafs have Nylander/ Tavares. I also don't like Edmonton's back end. And goal? Ouchie..5 years of Campbell, no one will eat that contract.

Pebble live

Oct 17, 2021
Yes I watched it live. No way Edmonton is better in paper with a full lineup. Edmonton drops off sharply after McDavid and Drasitl. Leafs have Nylander/ Tavares. I also don't like Edmonton's back end. And goal? Ouchie..5 years of Campbell, no one will eat that contract.
Why would he commit so long to Edmonton then? 4 years left neither the leafs or oilers will look anything like they do now in 4 years.

Hockeyskanks

Jul 24, 2022
Skinner looks like he is going to be a heck of a goalie. I am sure if the Oilers knew he would play this well they would have gone a different route. Buyout for Campbell is I believe 1.5m for 8 seasons if he continues this level of play. I can't imagine he does not bounce back somewhat though.
I said this last season too. The problem being that they insisted on the carousel of mike smith, koskinen and Skinner. Goalies need to get in a groove and Mike smith was never going to lead them to a cup. They should have played skinner more last year so that this year hes ready to take a full work load instead of paying stupid money for a 1B goalie. You would think they would have learned from having two goalies that arent starters last season

Ben Scrivens?
What happend to Scrivezina?

BobClarkesfrontteeth

Feb 6, 2020
Parts unknown
All you need to know about Campbell and if he is going to turn it around or not. Before being named to the All star game .930 sv% after being named .880's%. Some nights it would have been better for the leafs to hang a jersey off the cross bar. The All-star selection got into his head.
Then the off season negotiations with the Leafs hurt him even more. There were reports Campbell took it personal.
Now he is in a heavy media market with a big contract trying to live up to it. He sinks a little further with each goal.

BlueBaron

May 29, 2006
Sarnia, On
Probably more to do with hometown team rather than rosters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad