Confirmed with Link: [EDM/FLA] Purcell for FLA 3rd '16

VainGretzky

Jun 4, 2015
and those who said we would get atleast a 2nd? they paraded the same way and how many posters are curruently pissed that all we got was the third

how many times did I say we wont get a 2nd for him? did we get a 2nd nope we got what will end up being the third or fourth last pick of the 3rd round--my prediction was closer then nearly everyone elses-- 4th round starts at 91--the pick we got for Purcell will be about 88-- OH MY ****ING GOD I WAS WRONG BY THREE SPOTS

still aint a 2nd--like I said--we were not getting a 2nd for purcell
Why are you now acting like this is fact Florida is no lock for eastern conference final.

McGreat One

Jan 1, 2010
I remember at the start of the year there was a poll asking who would be the Oilers' whipping boy this year, I voted Purcell.

I'm from Newfoundland and actually know Teddy a little personally, knowing what he brought to the table I really thought the fans here would really give him a hard time.

I'm glad to say, with the exception of a few here, he wasn't crapped on as bad as I thought he would be. Teddy had a decent year with us and I wish him all the best in FLA.

Soli

Supervision Required
Sep 8, 2005
From Chia's presser, it sounds like we're on the losing end of the pick choice. Sounds like Anaheim will take the higher of FLA/MIN and we'll get the lower pick.

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
From Chia's presser, it sounds like we're on the losing end of the pick choice. Sounds like Anaheim will take the higher of FLA/MIN and we'll get the lower pick.
Isn't it New Jersey who has the pick?

Oh nevermind, my stream is behind. Anaheim has it.

Aerchon

Jul 20, 2011
Purcell has been playing **** hockey for the last 20ish games. Hudler led the Flames in scoring last season IIRC. I never felt that Purcell was = Hudler.

Exaggeration. Purcell has only played badly here and there. He is one of those guys that is lightning rod for people to scapegoat.

There were games early in the season where he was one of the few generating scoring chances or establishing a forecheck and yet would get ripped on this board.

He cranked it up a notch and it was fun to see others have to give him some credit/eat crow.

He is not the kind of player the Oilers need to improve but he has been far more good than bad this year. Losing him will hurt the team short term a tiny bit, but it's not like he was ever going to be part of this teams future.

He is not as good as Hudler, but outside that one year for the flames, Hudler is nothing special either.

shoop

Jul 6, 2008
Edmonton
[NHL][/NHL]

That's a big difference. A third is good value for Purcell. Probably will be about 10 spots or so lower than the Minnesota pick. None the less, still a good deal.

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
I'm wondering what happened with this Prokhorkin guy.. Sounds like there was a deal in place for Marchment and Prokhorkin and it was nixed because the guy wouldn't sign with us? Seems like that would've been a way better return.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Monza vs Lazio
    Monza vs Lazio
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $245.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • FC Köln vs Freiburg
    FC Köln vs Freiburg
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $370.00