Confirmed Trade: [EDM/FLA] Greg Chase to FLA for Future Considerations

Dan Kelly

Sep 27, 2017
Remember when we hyped this guy as a future third liner? Weird times.

Ya I thought he was a 7th round steal at the time and just the type of player we needed but he just never developed. It happens.

caley

Aug 19, 2006
twitter.com
Oilers are still paying Fayne's salary but sending him to play in Springfield opens up a veteran slot for their own AHL team (AHL squads are only allowed to dress so many Veteran players per game).

Reactions: uncleben85

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
well the Walker waiving opens up a spot to activate Sekera off IR ...placing Klefbom on IR does a few thing. 1) allows Klef to heal his injuries and 2) open a LD spot for Sekera. 3)Opens up another spot which allows Slep to come back up for the time being.

The Chase trade and Fayne loan has me thinking though. Oilers are now at 47 contracts.

Mike Hoffman + warm body baby!

fayne still counts as one of our contracts

if walker gets claims it will be 47

Reactions: THall4

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Had one good year in his draft+1, but I just don't think he has NHL upside in him. He was an intriguing prospect at one point due to him being an agitator and a pretty good skater at the junior level. However, I don't think his combination of average size, average skating, and below average offensive ability and puck skills offer enough. To me he's just your typical average or below average at everything player who had enough skill to succeed in junior, but not enough to ever make the jump into a successful AHL or NHL player. For a 7th round pick can't really complain.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad