Confirmed Trade: [EDM/FLA] Greg Chase to FLA for Future Considerations

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Stop the presses.

Also D Mark Fayne assigned to Springfield (AHL) on loan.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Damn. Missed it by seconds.

Remember when we hyped this guy as a future third liner? Weird times.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
Damn. Missed it by seconds.

Remember when we hyped this guy as a future third liner? Weird times.

yep

Anytime any player has one or two good shifts in pre season--I bring up chase

wont say which poster it was but they posted "he may just need 1/2 season in the A to be nhl ready" everytime I post that that poster gets mad at me

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
OMG, which Greg Chase post is the right one? Ha ha ha.

Does loaning Fayne get his contract off the books? Could be a move to get our plethora of AHL defensemen some playing time if not.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
so Oilers freed a contract spot. Another trade incoming?
Not necessarily. Chiarelli probably just wanted the open contract spot so he has flexibility to add someone if he needs to down the road. I don't see the Oilers making a trade when they have just turned the corner. Could be wrong of course, you can't predict what Chiarelli will do. This, coupled with Slepyshev and Walker both going down (or on waivers) could mean we are getting someone for a draft pick or something I guess.

Burnt Biscuits

May 2, 2010
I don't think Chase has any NHL future, but is passable in an AHL role as a grinder, Florida was so low on their overall contract count I don't think this brings any risk to them, he was once a respected prospect a shot in the dark reclamation project.

AUAIOMRN

Aug 22, 2005
Edmonton
yep

Anytime any player has one or two good shifts in pre season--I bring up chase

wont say which poster it was but they posted "he may just need 1/2 season in the A to be nhl ready" everytime I post that that poster gets mad at me

The "hype" started when he was above PPG in the CHL in his draft+1 year. If you're wondering if we've learned, I think the answer is "no".

Reactions: THall4

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
Edmonton's planning something. Waived Walker, traded Chase and loaned Fayne to the AHL.

THall4

Feb 25, 2014
Edmonton, AB
Edmonton's planning something. Waived Walker, traded Chase and loaned Fayne to the AHL.
well the Walker waiving opens up a spot to activate Sekera off IR ...placing Klefbom on IR does a few thing. 1) allows Klef to heal his injuries and 2) open a LD spot for Sekera. 3)Opens up another spot which allows Slep to come back up for the time being.

The Chase trade and Fayne loan has me thinking though. Oilers are now at 47 contracts.

Mike Hoffman + warm body baby!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad