PTO: [EDM] F Jake Virtanen signs PTO with the Oilers (released)

nowhereman

Jan 24, 2010
Los Angeles
Why do this? Virtanen has had so many opportunities in his career and has proven that he is nothing more than a disappointment. The benefits of a signing like this are significantly outweighed by the negatives. We'll never know for sure whether or not he actually was guilty of the crime he was accused of but why even take the risk, if there's any doubt? A pretty moronic move by Oilers management.

Oilslick941611

Jul 4, 2006
Ottawa
Why do this? Virtanen has had so many opportunities in his career and has proven that he is nothing more than a disappointment. The benefits of a signing like this are significantly outweighed by the negatives. We'll never know for sure whether or not he actually was guilty of the crime he was accused of but why even take the risk, if there's any doubt? A pretty moronic move by Oilers management.
its a PTO. The odds of making the team are against him and he'll just be a warm body in camp. As to the court stuff, he was found not guilty, you can't hold that over his head forever, if he was found guilty its whole different story.

ratbid

Feb 18, 2012
I think that's why other teams avoided it, but at this point the Oilers grabbed Kane and he had a great season, and so far has behaved himself (I have no faith it will continue but still).

Its a PTO, so they probably figured why not try. I suspect his fitness will keep him off the team though past the PTO, and he will disappear after that.

Seachd

Mar 16, 2002
I'm sorry, did Bertuzzi rape someone? Not the same thing.

Sorry, when were the three you mentioned convicted of rape?

You don’t actually dislike these guys for what we know they did, you dislike them because you assigned them a label that isn’t based on facts.

That, and you’re getting seriously confused about the allegations in the first place, especially regarding Katz.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Unlike Kane the positives don't seem like they'll outweigh the negatives. What's he on a good day, an adequate 4th liner on a good team? And it doesn't even look like he played that well in the KHL.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad