PTO: [EDM] F Jake Virtanen signs PTO with the Oilers (released)

JumpierPegasus

Mar 3, 2011
Abbotsford, BC
Regardless of what he did off the ice

He just isn't good on it. Never has been. He's 26, had an awful year in the K last year, worse year in the NHL the year before, and while his stats looked okay as a 23 year old in Vancouver the year before, he was infuriating and had zero toolbox.

I just can't see this being a good addition for the Oilers, don't know if you want to add a braindead all tools no toolbox player to your bottom 6. I guess decent competition at camp, but he shouldn't get an NHL contract based on everything we have seen

K Fleur

Sacrifice
Mar 28, 2014
Hopefully fat boy has been working out in between his court dates

image.jpeg.f47b0f4e0625897c156b7c00085e14ec.jpeg

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
Regardless of what he did off the ice

He just isn't good on it. Never has been. He's 26, had an awful year in the K last year, worse year in the NHL the year before, and while his stats looked okay as a 23 year old in Vancouver the year before, he was infuriating and had zero toolbox.

I just can't see this being a good addition for the Oilers, don't know if you want to add a braindead all tools no toolbox player to your bottom 6. I guess decent competition at camp, but he shouldn't get an NHL contract based on everything we have seen

Yeah, when Flames were rumored to be in on him, we ignored the other stuff for a bit and wondered what on ice contributions we'd be expecting from him and why we wanted it.

I'm wondering the same thing from the Oilers POV... Bottom 6 replacement in JP if JV works out which allows the Oilers to trade JP without losing some of that skillset in the bottom 6? But his track record for the last few seasons are basically tweener or below... unless the teams looking into him are wondering if the off ice distractions affected the on ice stuff?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad