Confirmed Signing with Link: [EDM] Darnell Nurse signs extension with the Oilers (8 years, $9.25M AAV)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jfhabs

May 21, 2015
Oooof
1628277803-png.459745

Throw in a 39 year old Mike Smith, yikes.
Somehow some people are sure this will convince McDavid to stay when he hits UFA... I think it might actually convince him to ask for a trade lol

Jerkbait

Dec 12, 2019
And there is a full NMC for the first 6 years then a 10 team NTC for the 2yrs after, that Holland is one hell of a negotiator.
Fine deal. In comparison this is right on par and shows mcdavid some kind of commitment needed. This is the market

T REX

Feb 28, 2013
GMs are drunk this off season. All these contracts given to dmen are absolutely absurd

I would call it teh Hedman effect after he won the Conn Smythe.

All these D men need to send him thank you cards.

The problem is none of these guys are even close to Hedman in talent.

Three On Zero

Deranged Oreo Dolphin Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
Their overpayment here isn't out of line for what most teams overpay. Even everyone's darling Avalanche is carrying almost 10 million in useless cap space between Erik Johnson and JT Compher, for instance.

Difference is Edmonton actually really needs this player to have a shot at winning anything and its not a vanity contract like Jones, Erik Karlsson, Jacob Trouba etc.
And that 2 million over pay goes towards depth that wins cups, Edmonton is following in the footsteps of Toronto

DomBarr

Apr 7, 2014
So does Nurse get to keep his Doc nickname cause he makes 9 times what Derek "Doc" Ryan? or will he buy it out like a Jersey number....LOL

Mcdonalds

Jul 26, 2021
Dude it doesn’t even really matter whether their new defensemen are good or not YOU NEED FORWARDS
Forwards LOL, Mcdavid,Dri,Hyman,poolparty,RNH,Yammers,Foegle,Ryan,Kassian forward depth is fixed and I would bet they score more goals than your team! our problem is goaltending.Our defence is not great but Nurse and Barrie along with Keith and Russell and Broberg and Bouchard coming mix in ceci and thing look good

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
is this like the Toews/Kane/Keith holy trinity of Chicago's dominant run? I don't think Nurse is near prime Keith territory but they must feel confident he's gonna get there. Wild are going to be suffering the same thing probably when we end up giving Kaprizov the richest current contract. edit : by same thing i mean incredulity and the "do they think he's better than McDavid?!" reax

Ementy

May 11, 2010
is this like the Toews/Kane/Keith holy trinity of Chicago's dominant run? I don't think Nurse is near prime Keith territory but they must feel confident he's gonna get there. Wild are going to be suffering the same thing probably when we end up giving Kaprizov the richest current contract.
Keith's prime coundn't dream of having the drive, intensity and bite Nurse does, Nurse is a bull with skill and keith is the China shop lol

Three On Zero

Deranged Oreo Dolphin Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
is this like the Toews/Kane/Keith holy trinity of Chicago's dominant run? I don't think Nurse is near prime Keith territory but they must feel confident he's gonna get there. Wild are going to be suffering the same thing probably when we end up giving Kaprizov the richest current contract. edit : by same thing i mean incredulity and the "do they think he's better than McDavid?!" reax
This rendition of the Oilers couldn’t even hold the jock strap of the Chicago dynasty teams

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
If the oilers come out with decent defense this year I dont ever want to see those stupid charts again.
There's a very good chance this happens. An absolutely massive part of a defenseman's individual impact relies on how much his forwards are pushing the issue offensively.

Stuff like this is mind-boggling when it's been known for many years that positive results live and die in Edmonton based on whether 97 or 29 are on the ice.

You play with them, you do well. If you don't, you don't.

Reactions: Auto Pilot
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad