Confirmed with Link: [EDM/DAL] Shawn Horcoff for Larsen + 2016 7th round pick

Beerfish

Apr 14, 2007
For me Hamilton is one of he most disappointing prospects we have had. Not because he was a great top end talent but because I thought he was going to be a really good 3rd liner type with size. He played really well in the world juniors scoring some key goals and looking good on the pk.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
For me Hamilton is one of he most disappointing prospects we have had. Not because he was a great top end talent but because I thought he was going to be a really good 3rd liner type with size. He played really well in the world juniors scoring some key goals and looking good on the pk.

Hamilton isn't part of the deal, the Oilers website goofed.

bombers15

5-14-6-1
Mar 17, 2008
Good deal, all things considered.

But wow, our bottom 6 is awful. Needs some serious help.

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
Never impressed by Hamilton at WJCs and had no idea why everyone was raving about... but even so I wouldn't dump him just yet.

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
Philip Larsen speaks to Danish hockey site and says the following about the trade. Translated by google:

"Many people have a negative view on being traded, but I do not. On the contrary. "Says Phillip Larsen and states:

"I have been very happy with Dallas Stars from day one, but I am also looking forward to play for Edmonton Oilers. It is a great honor that they want me. Edmonton is a great and exciting hockeycity and the Oilers are a traditional club with a strong team and a good organization. I come to a young team that plays offensive hockey, and it will suit me fine. "

Link in Danish:

http://www.hockeymagasinet.dk/index.php/larsen-jeg-glaeder-mig/

s7ark

RIP
Jul 3, 2003
Philip Larsen speaks to Danish hockey site and says the following about the trade. Translated by google:

"Many people have a negative view on being traded, but I do not. On the contrary. "Says Phillip Larsen and states:

"I have been very happy with Dallas Stars from day one, but I am also looking forward to play for Edmonton Oilers. It is a great honor that they want me. Edmonton is a great and exciting hockeycity and the Oilers are a traditional club with a strong team and a good organization. I come to a young team that plays offensive hockey, and it will suit me fine. "

Link in Danish:

http://www.hockeymagasinet.dk/index.php/larsen-jeg-glaeder-mig/

Thanks for posting this. I think people writing him off before he even steps on the ice are jumping the gun.

And again, kudos to Horc on a classy exit. I would totally support re-signing him in 2 years as our 4th C.

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
Thanks for posting this. I think people writing him off before he even steps on the ice are jumping the gun.

And again, kudos to Horc on a classy exit. I would totally support re-signing him in 2 years as our 4th C.

It's ok to be sceptical, but at least people could have their own opinions, instead of bandwaggoning..

Im sure Larsen will do fine if given the chance, but I can make no promises if he is an NHL longstay.. He might be better suited for big ice, as everytime I see him on big ice, be it against Canada or for a club team, he excels.

Everest

Apr 19, 2005
Setting up Free Agency with 22MM in cap space is a good move.

No garuntees you sign the guys you want/need the most...but...we need to make changes & cap room is a key to do this. (except in Philadelphia)

Mr Forever

The Oilers :(
Nov 18, 2010
COLLEGE
I'm amazed by this. We managed to get Larsen back while players like Briere, Lecavalier and Grabo were bought out for nothing. Great job by MacT!!

Usual_Suspect

Jul 4, 2007
3 hours South
@jirelandEJ
So much for not shooting the messenger. Have heard that the #oilers have let @ryandittrick (of http://t.co/i25KK8SF5F) go.

@AHLBarons
Woah woah woah, @ryandittrick got let go by the Oilers?! That's a bit of an over-reaction if it was for the Hamilton gaffe earlier

Dittrick fired for accidentally posting on Oil website that Curtis Hamilton was included in the trade?

OilerFan4Life

Feb 27, 2004
Heartland of Hockey
@jirelandEJ
So much for not shooting the messenger. Have heard that the #oilers have let @ryandittrick (of http://t.co/i25KK8SF5F) go.

@AHLBarons
Woah woah woah, @ryandittrick got let go by the Oilers?! That's a bit of an over-reaction if it was for the Hamilton gaffe earlier

Dittrick fired for accidentally posting on Oil website that Curtis Hamilton was included in the trade?

Wow, really?

Cawz

Sep 18, 2003
Oiler fan in Calgary
Visit site
@jirelandEJ

@AHLBarons

Zero tolerence rules I guess.

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
@jirelandEJ

@AHLBarons

Seriously? That's ridiculous!

MetaOil1993

Jun 22, 2012
Edmonton
@jirelandEJ

@AHLBarons

:shakehead Brutal, Dittrick seemed like a solid guy, everyone makes mistakes, It sucks getting fired. An over reaction by the Oilers IMO. Best of luck to Ryan!

Njoy Oilers

Aug 6, 2010
Southern Alberta.
My point had more to do with there being an annual exodus of players from here that the club had prior thought would be helpful. All of these players were highly thought of by the org.

I guess to a degree this happens a lot with all clubs but it seems that here we have higher turnover and higher amount of prospects/players that don't work out anymore or never did.

NewYork Rangers comes to mind. Hmmmm

Cawz

Sep 18, 2003
Oiler fan in Calgary
Visit site
My point had more to do with there being an annual exodus of players from here that the club had prior thought would be helpful. All of these players were highly thought of by the org.

I guess to a degree this happens a lot with all clubs but it seems that here we have higher turnover and higher amount of prospects/players that don't work out anymore or never did.
Yeah, it used to seem like young unproven players would break out on the Oilers. Now its the opposite. Hopefully the hockey Gods are done evening things out from the 80s.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad