Confirmed Trade: [EDM/CHI] Duncan Keith and Tim Soderlund for Caleb Jones and Conditional 2nd/3rd round pick

Status
Not open for further replies.

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
Your complaining, neither of us know the full scope of what's going on in the NHL never assume or play arm chair gm and think you know better we don't. They know more about moves , salaries , expansion and free agency . This whole notion of wanting a good p.ayer but believing the other team should eat half its salary because the guy is 37 but in greatbshape

About 95% of people across all forums and pretty much everywhere online believe the Oilers got caved on this deal. If you think Holland did good you are pretty much alone on that island. How's the weather there? Have you dipped your toes in the water yet?

cpsman

Aug 18, 2010
At first glance this seems like a really bad move by the Oilers. (also, I hate the Oilers)

There is a small chance this works out like the Paul Reinhart trade to the Canucks way back in the day. The Canucks D-core needed a player like him and his veteran presence. Reinhart completely made the whole Canucks transition game and offensive zone presence work.

Don't get me wrong... I don't hate Keith as a player and am looking forward to what he can bring to the table. Oilers fans will appreciate him and cheer for him. They just can't cheer for the ineptitude of their management for the last several years. Keith could have been had for less. If not, that cap space could have been used in a better way elsewhere.

Ementy

May 11, 2010
About 95% of people across all forums and pretty much everywhere online believe the Oilers got caved on this deal. If you think Holland did good you are pretty much alone on that island. How's the weather there? Have you dipped your toes in the water yet?
As I now understand Chicago was not willing to retain due to the fact that if Keith retires after this season Chi would get a 5.5m cap penalty in 22-23 and 2m in 23-24 season.

Edmonton would lose his 5.5M cap hit in 22-23 & instead have a $3.4M negative cap hit saving for a total salary cap reduction of $8.9M

Keith probably wouldn't do that to Chicago though

Reactions: Pizza!Pizza!

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
Don't get me wrong... I don't hate Keith as a player and am looking forward to what he can bring to the table. Oilers fans will appreciate him and cheer for him. They just can't cheer for the ineptitude of their management for the last several years. Keith could have been had for less. If not, that cap space could have been used in a better way elsewhere.

This. I won't cheer for Keith to fail. I respect him as a competitor and for wanting to be close to his 8 year old son. Heck, my daughter is 6 and sometimes due to work related issues it causes me to not see her for 5 days and it has a negative effect on me. I can't even begin to understansd how Keith felt seeing his son only once over a 5 month period.

Any misgivings our fan base has over this deal I hope is only directed at Holland and not Keith.

cpsman

Aug 18, 2010
This. I won't cheer for Keith to fail. I respect him as a competitor and for wanting to be close to his 8 year old son. Heck, my daughter is 6 and sometimes due to work related issues it causes me to not see her for 5 days and it has a negative effect on me. I can't even begin to understansd how Keith felt seeing his son only once over a 5 month period.
100%. As a father, I can totally respect him for wanting to be close to his kid. Regardless of how I feel about the values in the trade, I will cheer for him and hope he brings a much needed element to this team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille