Proposal: Edm/Buf

Shnooks

Apr 18, 2017
To Buffalo: Larsson & RNH

To Edmonton: Ristolainen & Reinhart

Shakeup for both teams. Fair?
No chance I'm trading Reinhart...he's Jack Eichel's RW and best friend, not to mention a potential 70-75 point player.

Ristolainen, Nylander and a 2nd round pick for Nugent-Hopkins is more fair.

Ristolainen is younger than Larsson and scores twice as many points...Reinhart is younger than Nugent-Hopkins and he can score as many, if not more, points.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
No chance I'm trading Reinhart...he's Jack Eichel's RW and best friend, not to mention a potential 70-75 point player.

Ristolainen, Nylander and a 2nd round pick for Nugent-Hopkins is more fair.

Ristolainen is younger than Larsson and scores twice as many points...Reinhart is younger than Nugent-Hopkins and he can score as many, if not more, points.

Edmonton is not in a position to downgrade our forwards that drastically just to pick up an offensive defenceman that can’t play defence.

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
FWIW I wouldn't trade Sam for RNH in a million years.

I wouldn't go into a car dealer trying to trade my 2001 convertible Toyota Solara which I love for a Corvette . Easy to say as I know the sale person would laugh his ass off . Just because I love something doesn't make it more valuable . Try making Reinhart your shut down guy and see how he fares then get back to me .

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
I wouldn't go into a car dealer trying to trade my 2001 convertible Toyota Solara which I love for a Corvette . Easy to say as I know the sale person would laugh his ass off . Just because I love something doesn't make it more valuable . Try making Reinhart your shut down guy and see how he fares then get back to me .

1. RNH's underlying numbers are not actually good.
2. Reinhart's are, and they have been every single year he's been in the league, and that holds true regardless of what role/linemates Buffalo plays him with.
3. Reinhart has been steadily trending up offensively every year. I'd bet my house this was a career year for RNH and he's right back to being a ~55 point player next season (unless he's stapled to McDavid). (In addition to his underlying metrics not pointing to sustainability, Nuge had 26 PPP this year, which is more than his last 2 seasons combined, so I wouldn't count on that being repeatable either.)

Sabresruletheschool

Jul 16, 2012

If RNH is the Corvette in this scenario, he's an 86 vette with 300000 miles, warped heads, a slipping transmission and 4 bald tires.

Dooble08

Jan 12, 2019

Tbh RNH may be a tad better at this very moment. But Reinhart is younger and has a higher ceiling.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad