Proposal: Edm/Buf

PatrikBerglund

May 29, 2017
I'd pick the Nuge over Reinhart's floaty ass every day of the week.

From what I have seen, RNH has a pretty complete game and would be perfect as #2 centre in Buffalo.

Reinhart is merely a complementary player, who on top of that seems to refuse to play centre.

Eichel
RNH
Mittelstadt
Larsson

...is a damn good centre depth.

Aladyyn

they praying for the death of a rockstar
Apr 6, 2015
Czech Republic
I'd pick the Nuge over Reinhart's floaty ass every day of the week.

From what I have seen, RNH has a pretty complete game and would be perfect as #2 centre in Buffalo.

Reinhart is merely a complementary player, who on top of that seems to refuse to play centre.

Eichel
RNH
Mittelstadt
Larsson

...is a damn good centre depth.
So it's GM Eichel and Coach Reinhart now?

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
I am not going to bash the Sabres or their fans on this thread. If some want to believe that Reinhart is better than Nuge, so be it.

I can say with certainty if Buffalo acquired RNH they'd be very, very happy with the player they'd get. RNH is really underrated the farther east you go. The Sabres would find themselves with a very talented 2 way player who has played both as a 1C and a 2C. He would be a very welcome addition to your line up and he is still only 25 years old.

North Cole

♧ Lem
Jan 22, 2017
I mean, I assumed you’d understand the context of the ice time. You need to look at Faksa’s ES TOI per game (as a clue in to different role than Eichel). Total TOI misled you as eichel missed over 40 games, and Faksa missed like 6.

Those charts don’t account for role. They aren’t meant to compare 3rd liners to 1st liners, and 7th D to top pairs.

Reinhart/RNH have had similar top 6 roles... they both averaged 14:30 minutes of ES TOI over the last 3 years (hilariously, Reinhart avg 14:34 and RNH 14:35.... Eichel, on the other hand averages nearly 3 minutes more per game than Faksa.

So what you're saying is that the charts are a niche tool like any other stat - ppg, p/60, zone starts, toi, etc.? They can't compare a 1st liner to a 3rd but they can compare a 1st liner to a 2nd? They cant really compare players in different roles but they can compare different positions? They cant they cant compare someone who misses games due to injury with someone who doesn't because the TOI is so different?

Does sound like they can be used in pretty specific situations...like maybe when there is a narrative involved. It seems like the chart needs more rules than the number of answers it provides...

Reactions: Dr Quincy

coopooter

Sep 28, 2017
I’d keep Larsson and Nuge over Ristolainen and Reinhart
Nuge has spent his season with Ahlers and almost got 70 points and does well in the two way game
Ristolainen is not a defenseman. Maybe if you give him second pairing minutes with a Larsson type you could come out ahead

Reactions: 780il

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
Or they look at draft position and think RNH>Risto based on where they were drafted

Has nothing to do with draft position . RNH > Risto base on on ice play . RNH is better at defensive as a forward then Risto is as a defence man . Having said that I would take Risto on the Oilers . He would do wonders for our PP . The second part of the deal RNH for Reinhart makes very little sense for the Oilers . We are using 1 C as a winger because he has chemistry with McDavid we do not need to trade our 2C for another C that is playing wing unless we are moving Draisaitl to 2C and because how good Draisaitl reads McDavid I do see it happening but who knows how a new GM sees it

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
Has nothing to do with draft position . RNH > Risto base on on ice play . RNH is better at defensive as a forward then Risto is as a defence man . Having said that I would take Risto on the Oilers . He would do wonders for our PP . The second part of the deal RNH for Reinhart makes very little sense for the Oilers . We are using 1 C as a winger because he has chemistry with McDavid we do not need to trade our 2C for another C that is playing wing unless we are moving Draisaitl to 2C and because how good Draisaitl reads McDavid I do see it happening but who knows how a new GM sees it

In the 2 seasons before this aberration of a season, RNH barely managed to outscore Risto, and it's not like RNH is a Selke contender. In fact, none of his underlying metrics are particularly good. 46 SCF% and 45 HDCF% at even strength this year, negative CF/FF rel numbers.

Edit: Matter of fact, for all the shit Risto gets for his poor defensive play, he fared better in SCF% and HDCF% than RNH last season. He's played over his head being used as a #1 shutdown defenseman, but he's a much better hockey player than most fans give him credit for.

Last edited:

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Because they're such similar players, right?

Really stupid stance imo. Reinhart is exactly the kind of player Edmonton needs but I guess his name gives fans PTSD so no dice.

No, the fact that you guys want RNH for him is no dice. Lateral move at best, we get the less productive and less versatile player at worst.

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
I am probably the biggest Reinhart critic on the Sabres board but get real, RNH is not >> Reinhart. Last time I checked they both have 1 60+ point season. Unlike RNH, Reinhart is still developing and younger. Horrible proposal, I'd rather have Risto then Larsson also.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Larsson for Risto would be a good shakeup for Oilers. Can't speak for BUF.
Oilers need someone who can QB the PP on the Blueline.

is the answer jesus

Mar 10, 2008
Tonawanda, NY
Larsson for Risto would be a good shakeup for Oilers. Can't speak for BUF.
Oilers need someone who can QB the PP on the Blueline.
And the Sabres could use a more defensive RHD, with that said there'd have to be a heavy add to Larsson to get the younger player with the extra year of team control.

Reactions: spaghtti

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
And the Sabres could use a more defensive RHD, with that said there'd have to be a heavy add to Larsson to get the younger player with the extra year of team control.
Meh pass if Oil needs to add to Larsson for Risto..unless you mean Lucic when you say ''heavy add" ;)

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton

Nope. It’s straight across or with a small add or it’s not happening. Larsson saves you cap space, that outweighs the small age difference.

is the answer jesus

Mar 10, 2008
Tonawanda, NY
Nope. It’s straight across or with a small add or it’s not happening. Larsson saves you cap space, that outweighs the small age difference.
Pretty easy no then. 1.3 million in cap doesn't bridge that gap for me. The age is a small factor on it's own it isn't a deal breaker it's moreso the extra year of team control. I'll take my chances that a better deal comes along or that we finally will get a coach that realizes that scaled down minutes, with high OZ starts, and a better partner will make Ristolainen a much better player. I won't pretend to know all about the Oilers, but in my viewings Larsson was deployed properly with a good partner and had a terrible year. I'd rather stick with the devil I know.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad