Confirmed Trade: [EDM/ARI] Troy Stecher and 2024 7th round pick for 2027 4th round pick

11Messier

Jul 3, 2010
Edmonton
A lot of arm chair GM's here that believe injuries in the playoffs don't happen. These same GM's would also be the first to complain when something happens by saying why didn't he pick up some cheap depth insurance before the deadline.

• Love
Reactions: RattsSSV and Mike C

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
So we are hellbent on Cody Ceci in our top 4 and playing big minutes with Nurse. What could go wrong? Oh wait.. VD might replace him.
You have to play the hand you are dealt. Who available is a massive upgrade on Ceci? Chychrun, but who knows where he wants to play. I know you have been lobbying for Provorov, but we don't know if he is available. Who else is there?

AnInjuredJasonZucker

Feb 21, 2014
So we are hellbent on Cody Ceci in our top 4 and playing big minutes with Nurse. What could go wrong? Oh wait.. VD might replace him.

Good news is that no one in the west is adding significant pieces so we should be fine... Oh wait.
I think HF has a policy that you cannot use more than 1 "oh wait" joke per thread page.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Man I hate this trade. Stetcher is exactly what Edmonton needs and has been an excellent D-man for us this year and this is the best we can get back? Pathetic. Also f*** Edmonton.
Doubt he plays ahead of Ceci or Desharnais until Oilers struggle . He will be a #7 here.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Until you need a veteran body in the lineup due to illness/injury/suspension or would a AHL call up be better? We know it wouldn’t be and you probably know that too.
If you have to pick between those choices, you are in trouble. There’s very little difference between a 6-8. They all play to bad results. The solution is they play very little.

And we are talking about a hypothetical. Would never want my team to bring in a body for the sake of it. Terrible asset management.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
Smart little pickup. He's small, but not soft. Though in a big rugged playoff series, he's simply going to struggle to hold his ground physically. He'll stick his nose in there and give you full effort at it. And he's a smart player. Very dependable, "safe", responsible with the puck.

You hope you don't have to play him too much, but if you end up having to, there are far worse options. Just really good solid depth and cost them very little.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
Good replacement player for the bottom pairing in case of injury. Certainly not an impact player. Won't be taking anybody's job. The type of player Treliving used to collect just before the playoffs.

BAdvocate

Mediocrity is the enemy of any Dynasty
Feb 27, 2003
youtu.be
Good luck Stencher! He epitomizes the type of player who shows how many ignorant posters there are on HFBoards (myself included). Thought I was clever when I started calling him "Stencher"....and after realizing my ignorance it became a name to remind me of my ignorance.

Great intangibles which make him a great addition regardless if he's needed as a stop-gap top 4 dman, bottom pairing, or a healthy scratch.

I'd gladly sign up for more Stench next season if it happens.

PuckG

Feb 26, 2015
Good to hear some of the positive reviews on Stetcher. Any defensive depth is useful, even if he doesn't necessarily become the "Adam Larsson" we've been looking for.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Decent depth add. Still would like to see an upgrade on Ceci but finding a top 4 RHD is unlikely, just not a great market for it.

He had a good series against the Oilers when he was with the Kings in 2022

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

TheAngryHank

Expert
May 28, 2008
Decent depth add. Still would like to see an upgrade on Ceci but finding a top 4 RHD is unlikely, just not a great market for it.

He had a good series against the Oilers when he was with the Kings in 2022
Wonder if Holland and Stevie have been talking. Both have needs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad