Confirmed with Link: [EDM/ARI] Oilers Trade Boyd Gordon for Lauri Korpikoski

Vagabond

Dec 24, 2004
Edmonton
Yeah, a lot of people, including me, were quite upset with the term and price. He hadn't shown enough in his past to earn that contract, and the "Oilers tax," was still in its first year or so of being accepted.

I'll be the first to say that his first season was great, excluding his injuries which he's been known to have, and for even just that one season, he proved me wrong.

Hopefully he continues his great play down the line here.

Less O-zone penalties would be nice. :sarcasm:

You're right. I just went back to read some of it and most people hated the contract.

If he continues to play as you just said throughout his contract, then its a really good term and salary. :laugh:

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
Were people really that up in arms over Pouliot? I'll have to dig that thread up. I liked the signing at the time.

As far as I remember, it was mostly other fanbases that really hated it (HF was convinced it was the worst contract of the summer), but a lot of our fanbase wasn't overly happy either

Vagabond

Dec 24, 2004
Edmonton
As far as I remember, it was mostly other fanbases that really hated it (HF was convinced it was the worst contract of the summer), but a lot of our fanbase wasn't overly happy either

You were not kidding. I can understand people saying the term was to long but other than that, he was solid for the Rangers. I'm just happy his best hockey happened to be for the Oilers. Hopefully he keeps up his work ethic and continues to prove people wrong.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Looks like he has a good wrister and that he plays a heavy game, I doubt that management thinks that he sucks or they wouldn't have made the trade.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad