GWT: EPL - Matchweek 36 (ft. MW 26)

KJS14

Jun 13, 2013
Which one are you referring to? You make it sound like he's not deserving of a single one when he has three lmao.
Not agreeing with the original premise, but which year was it that he made the PL go back and review the video on him getting a single hair strand on a deflection to take a goal away from a teammate for himself?

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
Which one are you referring to? You make it sound like he's not deserving of a single one when he has three lmao.
2015-16. 25 goals 5 PKs. 20 open play goals. Second place Vardy, 19 open play.
Third place Aguero, 20 open play.

No PKs for anyone, Kane has a Golden Boot.

2016-17, Kane scores 29 with 5pks. 24 open play, level with Lukaku. Another Golden Boot.

2020-21. Kane scores 23 with 4pks. 19 open play, three ahead of Salah. Another Golden Boot.

Reactions: Blender

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
I have no problem saying that Harry Kane would have still won a Golden Boot. That wasn't the point. The point is that Kane got those type of drag a leg and go down at the slightest hint of a touch from a goalkeeper (or no touch at all) penalties all of the time. I can think of at least two off the top of my head.

The difference is that Kane was usually already at a 45 degree angle when the contact occurred.

You all have just experienced the literary device of hyperbole.

Wee Baby Seamus

Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
I have no problem saying that Harry Kane would have still won a Golden Boot. That wasn't the point. The point is that Kane got those type of drag a leg and go down at the slightest hint of a touch from a goalkeeper (or no touch at all).

The difference is that Kane was usually already at a 45 degree angle when the contact occurred.

You all have just experienced the literary device of hyperbole.
45 degree angle is at least 15° less than the angle of Saka's leg trying to buy one off Neuer

Reactions: luiginb and cgf

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Looking back through the years for when the golden boot would have changed if you removed all pens.

21-22 - Son would have won it solo instead of shared
19-20 - Ings wins a golden boot
18-19 - Mane wins the golden boot solo instead of 3 way share
16-17 - Kane and Lukaku share it instead of solo Kane win
15-16 - Kane and Aguero share it instead of solo Kane win
12-13 - Suarez and RVP share it instead of RVP solo win
10-11 - Berbatov gets a solo win instead of a share with Tevez
02-03 - Henry wins it instead of van Nistelrooy
01-02 - Henry and Hasselbaink share it instead of Henry solo win
98-99 - Hasselbaink and Yorke share it as two as Owen drops out of the three way tie
97-98 - A three way tie between Dublin, Owen, and Sutton turns into a 5 way tie between Owen, Sutton, Bergkamp, Cole and Gallacher
94-95 - Ferdinand ends up tied with Shearer (who scored 10 pens that year) to split the award
92-93 - Ferdinand wins it instead of Sheringham

Reactions: cgf and bluesfan94

Wee Baby Seamus

Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
Looking back through the years for when the golden boot would have changed if you removed all pens.

21-22 - Son would have won it solo instead of shared
19-20 - Ings wins a golden boot
18-19 - Mane wins the golden boot solo instead of 3 way share
16-17 - Kane and Lukaku share it instead of solo Kane win
15-16 - Kane and Aguero share it instead of solo Kane win
12-13 - Suarez and RVP share it instead of RVP solo win
10-11 - Berbatov gets a solo win instead of a share with Tevez
02-03 - Henry wins it instead of van Nistelrooy
01-02 - Henry and Hasselbaink share it instead of Henry solo win
98-99 - Hasselbaink and Yorke share it as two as Owen drops out of the three way tie
97-98 - A three way tie between Dublin, Owen, and Sutton turns into a 5 way tie between Owen, Sutton, Bergkamp, Cole and Gallacher
94-95 - Ferdinand ends up tied with Shearer (who scored 10 pens that year) to split the award
92-93 - Ferdinand wins it instead of Sheringham
Now do Golden Boot if the player took all their teams penalties

I wanna see 47 goal 13-14 Suarez

KJS14

Jun 13, 2013
What a goal. Havertz dropping deep to keep the ball. White with an excellent pass to Saka. Rice assist and just clinical from Trossard.

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
I find it hilarious how Arsenal supporters want to claim Harry Kane as one of theirs because he played for their academy whilst simultaneously trashing him at every moment possible.

Wee Baby Seamus

Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
The problem with that is that you can't guarantee that the player would make all the pens. But obviously this is all make believe anyway
Yea but Suarez has a pretty good career clip and Gerrard scored 40 PKs that season

If there's an easy data set that has team penalties I'd throw something in excel. The one I looked at just had total goals and pens by that player so it was easy though.
Yea you'd have to search across sets. I was using transfermarkt goals and pks, there def is one of team penalties somewhere.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
This is what it looks like for a player to actually move into a goalkeeper.

If Solanke had stood his ground in front of Ryaa, it would be different IMO

• Haha
Reactions: luiginb

KJS14

Jun 13, 2013
Clear foul by Solanke on Raya if you ask our resident expert.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
I'm assuming Arsenal fans think that's just normal shielding the keeper, right? Totally fine?
Solanke is definitely standing in front of Raya, you're so right.

That should stand, the defender falls into Solanke.
Yeah, but Semenyo falls into the defender. That said, I would have been fine with a goal being given.

Regardless, Solanke pushing Raya in the back is vastly different than White standing directly in front of Vicario.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad