Speculation: [EDIT] Bob Murray needs to do something.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
And we have multiple solutions to that problem. Though you may have to wait till next year to enjoy that fully. It's just going to require a shred of patience.

Yes, this is my problem with Murray. He wasted the years that Getzlaf and Perry were making peanuts, and Selanne was still a magician by dicking around and not filling the hole. I get that he's waiting for prospects, but Getzlaf and Perry were on the best contracts in the league for players of their caliber...what did he get out of those years? A second round exit, missed playoffs, first round exit, missed playoffs. Those years were Golden opportunities to make another push. He wasted them. I'm glad we have the prospects we have but jfc another chance at a Cup the last few years would have been nice. Now Getzlaf and Perry aren't going to be making peanuts. We'll see what he does in FA now. I'd argue strongly that we should have been going all in the last 3-4 years.

bootsgaudet

Oct 15, 2012
And we have multiple solutions to that problem. Though you may have to wait till next year to enjoy that fully. It's just going to require a shred of patience.

Regardless of this team "having a window"

La
Minnesota
Chicagos
Botson
Pittsburgh

alll have the same chances in the next 5 years, greater ones than us to be honest.. we need to alter what we can

Exit Dose

Jul 2, 2011
Georgia
Yes, this is my problem with Murray. He wasted the years that Getzlaf and Perry were making peanuts, and Selanne was still a magician by dicking around and not filling the hole. I get that he's waiting for prospects, but Getzlaf and Perry were on the best contracts in the league for players of their caliber...what did he get out of those years? A second round exit, missed playoffs, first round exit, missed playoffs. Those years were Golden opportunities to make another push. He wasted them. I'm glad we have the prospects we have but jfc another chance at a Cup the last few years would have been nice. Now Getzlaf and Perry aren't going to be making peanuts. We'll see what he does in FA now. I'd argue strongly that we should have been going all in the last 3-4 years.
How the hell do you go all in for 3 to 4 years? Do you even know what that term means?

bootsgaudet

Oct 15, 2012
Yes we've had a resurgence, however this is a hybrid season, where we've only played west coast teams, their are a lot of dissimilarity;s between this and a regular season in the nhl. Specfically with how the teams have been dealing players out of conference, and the grouping's in the standings.

No need to be complaceent now, we need to make moves, not fully "go all in and trade alll the spects" but definatly acquire a key asset going forward.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia

Did you wanted him to sign overpaid FA`s and trade away all our recent draft picks?

Then we would clearly be missing playoffs now and wouldn`t be able to resign G&P.
The problem i have with him is that he tried to change the team to smaller. Watching all UFA signings, there is so much overpayment and ussually players want to stay/go east and require more money from west.

Winnik was a great signing. Allen is overpayment, but i want to see his value at playoffs. Souray is arguable, but he`s at least having one good year :laugh:

Building a good team takes more than 1 year. And we were picking #6th in last draft with our pick, so maybe let`s not jump ahead ourselves. Look how Florida signed a lot of average players for big money few years ago and now they`re fighting with Colorado for 29th place.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
How the hell do you go all in for 3 to 4 years? Do you even know what that term means?

Yes I do. What I'm saying is that we should have made a push for a cup in one the last 3-4 years. What's hard to understand about that? Murray pissed away the years of Getzlaf, Selanne, Perry, and Ryan being on manageable salary's and playing at a high level. Plain and simple. When you have 4 core guys on those kinds of deals...you should add to that core to push the team over the top. Murray sat on his hands. Now our stars don't make peanuts...therefore it's going to be harder to ever go for it now.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
Did you wanted him to sign overpaid FA`s and trade away all our recent draft picks?

Then we would clearly be missing playoffs now and wouldn`t be able to resign G&P.
The problem i have with him is that he tried to change the team to smaller. Watching all UFA signings, there is so much overpayment and ussually players want to stay/go east and require more money from west.

Winnik was a great signing. Allen is overpayment, but i want to see his value at playoffs. Souray is arguable, but he`s at least having one good year :laugh:

Building a good team takes more than 1 year. And we were picking #6th in last draft with our pick, so maybe let`s not jump ahead ourselves. Look how Florida signed a lot of average players for big money few years ago and now they`re fighting with Colorado for 29th place.

I would have liked to have seen an attempt at bringing in a capable 2C. He is very slow to react. Koivu hasn't been a 2C in a while. It took him until this year to "figure that out".

I agree about making the team smaller.

bootsgaudet

Oct 15, 2012
No one that has been saying that we need and should go out and get a 2c has been saying to break the bank and trade everything away.

Its glaring need, and we should just go out and get it done. To much doomsday thinking going on thus far, making a deal for a second line centre does not mean throwing away all of our prospects, sure we may loose one nice piece but its for the greater good.

Murray is slow to react, and i feel this franchise has been hampered by this tendancy. He's drafted well, but thats also to the fact of our scouting staff and coaching.

The poster's here mostly are from OC it seems, not saying there is anything wrong with that, but coming from a ducks fan in toronto with unlimited exposure to the eastern conference and hockey in general ... Murray has been slow to add the key pieces we've needed. Hockey is about the right pieces at the right time, its a self evident fact that you are going to have to occasionally make sacrifices from your own prospect pool to further the group with veteran players.

Fans out here would be going buck wild for him to add a piece, Samuneli has even said hes willing to spend a lot of money if this team can win now.

Being in a smaller market has let Murray operate out of public scurnity . Not to say that gm's need to do whatever the fans are *****ing at them to do. BM is not a go getter and the post cup years have largely been a very slow and in flux time. we have the right balance of young , old and middle, but we do need a few extra pieces and the time is now to make a push.

I dont mean to say that because i live in the East coast makes me more knowledgable about hockey, what i mean is that its a whole new ball game out here and the immersion levels are higher. I'm a ducks fan, but i know as much about our roster as i do most Eastern Confrence teams.

Hell, i like hockey trades, i like seeing team's get better. I personally want to see Mike Smith traded to toronto, because i beleive he's the perfect goalie for them. The ducks have needs and they need to get somthing done, to continue this succesfull season not be complacent and win down the road. nothing is given it is earned, so far we've earned our place, but we've got to give ourselves the oppurtuinty of reinforcing that place to push the success further.

Lord Flashheart

Squadron Commander
Jul 21, 2011
Leipzig/Zg
Bob Murray, all you did this year was sign our two franchise players long term, signed some great free agents, had past acquisitions like Cogs and Koivu pay off, and had some of your draft picks pay off. When are you finally going to do something to help this team?
Shut up, you devil.

Elvs

Jul 3, 2006
Sweden
Seriously? One decent top six center is traded and some think Murray 'missed out'. :facepalm:

Last edited:

Elvs

Jul 3, 2006
Sweden
a top 6 centre has been a need for a few seasons now, so yes... one is traded for for cheap.. id say murray has indeed missed out

You mean since McDonald was traded? Many people say that, but it's false. Saku Koivu is no Ryan Kesler, but he's been a valid 2nd line center for this team. The need hasn't been a major one until now.

Last edited:

bootsgaudet

Oct 15, 2012
You mean since McDonald was traded? Many people say that, but it's false. Saku Koivu is no Ryan Kesler, but he's been a valid 2nd line center for this team. The need hasn't been a major one until now.

at this point in his career hes a 3rd liner, we need a 2nd line threat its undeniable. not doing so, just makes finsihing good pointless.

The need hasn't been major because we haven't been in a position for a deep and lengthy playoff run unlike now

Exit Dose

Jul 2, 2011
Georgia
That third liner is on a 50+ scoring pace, and is currently 35th amongst centers. It's not his fault that the two guys on our second line have become our least reliable forwards this year.

Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai
bootsbidet said:
The poster's here mostly are from OC it seems, not saying there is anything wrong with that, but coming from a ducks fan in toronto with unlimited exposure to the eastern conference and hockey in general ... Murray has been slow to add the key pieces we've needed. Hockey is about the right pieces at the right time, its a self evident fact that you are going to have to occasionally make sacrifices from your own prospect pool to further the group with veteran players.

Fans out here would be going buck wild for him to add a piece, Samuneli has even said hes willing to spend a lot of money if this team can win now.

Being in a smaller market has let Murray operate out of public scurnity . Not to say that gm's need to do whatever the fans are *****ing at them to do. BM is not a go getter and the post cup years have largely been a very slow and in flux time. we have the right balance of young , old and middle, but we do need a few extra pieces and the time is now to make a push.

I dont mean to say that because i live in the East coast makes me more knowledgable about hockey, what i mean is that its a whole new ball game out here and the immersion levels are higher. I'm a ducks fan, but i know as much about our roster as i do most Eastern Confrence teams.

Hell, i like hockey trades, i like seeing team's get better. I personally want to see Mike Smith traded to toronto, because i beleive he's the perfect goalie for them. The ducks have needs and they need to get somthing done, to continue this succesfull season not be complacent and win down the road. nothing is given it is earned, so far we've earned our place, but we've got to give ourselves the oppurtuinty of reinforcing that place to push the success further.

As to the first bold, yeah, that explains the absurd impatience and panic at every trade.

As to the second bold, we all know what you're saying. It's insulting, but not in a personal way, because it's just an example of your indoctrinated ignorance, in the same way your breathtakingly stupid ideas of how to build a team are. The great irony of hockey being Canada's game is that there is such an oversupply of truly clueless commentators that they dominate the information channels, creating a fanbase with an incredibly shallow understanding of how the business works.

Professor John Frink

Apr 26, 2002
Visit site
Just to maybe put boots and apparently angelduck at ease a bit.

It's been reported from multiple sources that the Roy trade was down to Vancouver and Anaheim and Dallas picked Vancouver.

So apparently Murray IS actually trying....

Corey Perry*

Just to maybe put boots and apparently angelduck at ease a bit.

It's been reported from multiple sources that the Roy trade was down to Vancouver and Anaheim and Dallas picked Vancouver.

So apparently Murray IS actually trying....

Any info on what Murray was offering?

bootsgaudet

Oct 15, 2012
As to the first bold, yeah, that explains the absurd impatience and panic at every trade.

As to the second bold, we all know what you're saying. It's insulting, but not in a personal way, because it's just an example of your indoctrinated ignorance, in the same way your breathtakingly stupid ideas of how to build a team are. The great irony of hockey being Canada's game is that there is such an oversupply of truly clueless commentators that they dominate the information channels, creating a fanbase with an incredibly shallow understanding of how the business works.

Really don't understand how saying we should deal some picks and mcmillian or smith-pelly for a 2c or the like is "breathtakingly stupid"

I mean i breath easier now with murray that Burke is gone out of toronto, no more roster pillaging between the two. We finally won a trade with him with Steckel.

and no, i despise leafs fans, and half the people speculating way to much. You raise a valid point because there is a shallow fanbase here, filled with overhype. However i do agree that was an ignorant comment on my behalf in my previous post.

But being in this "enhanced market" there is a need to add to compete, and there is pressure to do so. So yes, i feel a bit more inclinced and stressed that we need to add somthing, it dosent have to be anything, but as long as its at a respectable price then we should go for it. thing is we should conisder rental's, the ducks are an appealing product now, with Getz and Perry signed. We have 1c at a lock and the 3rd and 4th. Bonino can me moved to a wing if we find somthing thats going to help at the 2c.

devolping our prospects is key however i'd rather the addition of a veteran piece, the rookies worked in on a rotation and strong deep push in the playoffs

Last edited:

Elvs

Jul 3, 2006
Sweden
at this point in his career hes a 3rd liner, we need a 2nd line threat its undeniable. not doing so, just makes finsihing good pointless.

The need hasn't been major because we haven't been in a position for a deep and lengthy playoff run unlike now

On the ideal contender, sure. I can't promise that Murray will pull off something that's going to make us happy, but no GM in the NHL is dumb to think that Holland or Bonino is good enough to center a 2nd line right now. Murray knows the need, the question is if he will manage to adress it. But it's ridicoulus to think that the ship has sailed just because Derek Roy is no longer an option.

douglast5

PS3 GMC Comish
Sep 14, 2012
hfboards.hockeysfuture.com
On the ideal contender, sure. I can't promise that Murray will pull off something that's going to make us happy, but no GM in the NHL is dumb to think that Holland or Bonino is good enough to center a 2nd line right now. Murray knows the need, the question is if he will manage to adress it. But it's ridicoulus to think that the ship has sailed just because Derek Roy is no longer an option.

Based on the lack of anything that has happened today. It doesn't seem like theres many players in the pool.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad