Speculation: [EDIT] Bob Murray needs to do something.

bootsgaudet

Oct 15, 2012
His absolute in-abitly to capatilze on roster players we need when the prices are extremely cheap.
Missed the boat on so many deals.... he has 22hours and 29 mins to right this ********

Maybe not fire him, but he needs to do something to remain competitive

Last edited by a moderator:

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
images

Just slow down

Which prospects and pics would you have liked to throw away?

bumperkisser

Mar 31, 2009
It's true. And when he does pull the gun on those bigger moves we always get owned. Whitney trade and Gardiner trade are the first ones that come to mind.

However, I will also say I don't think we're good enough to contend for the cup so I'm not really that aggravated that he's not going out and getting a rental lol.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
I still doubt that even a legit 2C (Roy?) would bring us a cup. We need bigger bodies there.

Last season we finished in bottom 6. Now we shouldn`t spend everything we have for one run. Let`s see how we do this year and then go from there, it`s possible it will be necesarry to spend next year.

For example when we won a cup in 07, we were in conference finals the year before. That is not the only way to get a cup, but at least let`s get into playoffs for 2nd time in 5 years and then start crying for ''not-spending-enough''

Jacksonbobson

Feb 2, 2009
I thought Bob has done a great job with the Ducks.
Signing Getz and Perry were huge. Nobody really thought they would manage to get both done, but he got it done. (something the Preds could not do with Suter and the Devils could not do with Parise)
I have loved his drafting as well, he has drafted a pretty good prospect pool. I see no reason why he should be fired because of his lack of moves at the deadline. He has made a few moves to improve our depth. (Lovejoy, Steckel, Dvorak) The price for a rental is pretty high this year, and i'm not totally sure that whats out there is much better then what we have. At least what is available to us anyways, the big sellers seem to be the Stars and I'm not sure they want to make trades with a division rival, Iginla had a list of teams and I don't believe the Ducks were on it. So its pretty tough to bring in guys. I'm not really a big fan of trading our first either for a guy like Jay Bo or something like that, but that's just me.

bootsgaudet

Oct 15, 2012
images

Just slow down

Which prospects and pics would you have liked to throw away?

Smith pelly + 2nd for Roy ? sure dallas would have liked that.

Murray's track record speaks for itself ..

Lupul + Gardiner for Beauchienm (francois is lights out, but he clearly didnt need to give up those two for that)

the Justin Schultz saga (schultz fault to, but i bet perry + getz signed earlier he would have come)

Murray misses the boat on everything. seeing as we could use a guy like Regher or leopold deals like that where we can afford to shed picks now that are farm is nicely stocked. The mans yet to win a trade in his tenure.. and mainly just makes these little minor moves. the ducks need a 2c,, the market didnt ask for much... Dallas dealt to a team thats moving divisons just as they are leaving the pacific. They dont wanna make the playoffs, no real incentive not to trade to the ducks. minus the 4-0 win.

bootsgaudet

Oct 15, 2012
Signing Getz and Perry were huge. Nobody really thought they would manage to get both done, but he got it done. (something the Preds could not do with Suter and the Devils could not do with Parise)
I have loved his drafting as well, he has drafted a pretty good prospect pool. I see no reason why he should be fired because of his lack of moves at the deadline. He has made a few moves to improve our depth. (Lovejoy, Steckel, Dvorak) The price for a rental is pretty high this year, and i'm not totally sure that whats out there is much better then what we have. At least what is available to us anyways, the big sellers seem to be the Stars and I'm not sure they want to make trades with a division rival, Iginla had a list of teams and I don't believe the Ducks were on it. So its pretty tough to bring in guys. I'm not really a big fan of trading our first either for a guy like Jay Bo or something like that, but that's just me.

Ill credit him for his drafting, but he should be the assitant gm, i understand you cant judge someone because they do or dont do deadline deals, but the price roy went for, im sure we could have matched. He's out of the loop, minus the perry and getz signing's a god awful negotiater.

gratefulyours

Great 8 = T. Selanne
Nov 9, 2010
Oakland
3rd in the league...wtf is bm doing!!!

the kings added another d-man. omg omg. they already were stacked on d and large but this is news...damit bob move.

you let jager go bob...what the hell, you have perry selanne etem and palmieri. get us another damn wing or we are gonna lose. Reward them the way they should be and send those ahler's back. screw we got third in the league.

roy is gone - ok you may have an argument here as he went pretty cheap. but maybe dallas wouldn't trade for something that cheap with us.

bootsgaudet

Oct 15, 2012
this is the year we can trade our first, get a 27 - 29 year old top 6 or top 4 player and enhance our roster...

nbducksfan19

Jun 4, 2008
Yes lets fire the GM who took us from a team with an awful prospect pool, aging players, and no organizational depth to an elite team with a deep prospect pool and a bright future. :shakehead

awful thread.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia

Pretty much this.

I`d still like`d to see us draft a couple other players here and there :laugh: but i`m aware that he and his team have done pretty good job there too.

Lovejoy, Steckel and Dvorak are all role players, but they brings something very important to this team, and Bob, basically, spent nothing for them. You don`t always have to make big moves to improve. He certainly didn`t bring in a key-gamebreakers and key cup players, but that would cost us much, much more.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
I'll let you know if Murray should be canned in 24 hours. He better not **** this run up.

bootsgaudet

Oct 15, 2012
:laugh:

You know Getz and Pears couldn't even re-sign last season......right?

you have a point, forgot cba stipulations..

3rd in the league...wtf is bm doing!!!

the kings added another d-man. omg omg. they already were stacked on d and large but this is news...damit bob move.

you let jager go bob...what the hell, you have perry selanne etem and palmieri. get us another damn wing or we are gonna lose. Reward them the way they should be and send those ahler's back. screw we got third in the league.

roy is gone - ok you may have an argument here as he went pretty cheap. but maybe dallas wouldn't trade for something that cheap with us.

Not saying the team isn't playing well, but look at our top 6 and our defence..

Selanne, Koviu are up in the air, selanne will be truly tough to replace (palmieri looks nice dont get me wrong, but this is when we can add a nice compliment top 6 piece for a run, with the intention of resigning..)

Defence is old,

Allen at 3.5 is just idiotic..

Souray, beauch will be here a while, as will fowler, but aside from lindholm and vatanen we will need another top 4 d going forward, and some were let go for a cheaper price.

Should plug the holes that will be relevant in the next 1 - 2 seasons now, as with this season, new cba, teams are revamping like mad.

bootsgaudet

Oct 15, 2012
The other elite teams so far have been stocking up for this run, with our position now, no reason why we shouldn't be. We need a 2nd line centre its a glaring obvious need, maybe me saying fire him is rash but he needs to be realistic, and get somthing of top 6 quality (which in the las5 few days has not cost to much and we can afford. Smith-pelly is better than a lot of these spects goign other ways ) Thats if we wanna compete for the cup this year.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
The main thing that Murray has done to piss me off is his lack of ability to fill needs. This team has had the same need since Andy Mac got traded (2C), yet the guy still hasn't been able to find a fixture. That pisses me off. I'm sick of needing a 2C. Good GMs fill their holes within a year. Not saying Murray is a bad GM (he's not), but he's a very average one IMO.

gratefulyours

Great 8 = T. Selanne
Nov 9, 2010
Oakland
you have a point, forgot cba stipulations..

Not saying the team isn't playing well, but look at our top 6 and our defence..

Selanne, Koviu are up in the air, selanne will be truly tough to replace (palmieri looks nice dont get me wrong, but this is when we can add a nice compliment top 6 piece for a run, with the intention of resigning..)

Defence is old,

Allen at 3.5 is just idiotic..

Souray, beauch will be here a while, as will fowler, but aside from lindholm and vatanen we will need another top 4 d going forward, and some were let go for a cheaper price.

Should plug the holes that will be relevant in the next 1 - 2 seasons now, as with this season, new cba, teams are revamping like mad.

top 4 dman went for first round picks and prospects - thats not cheap.

your stated reason for firing bob is that he made no moves at the deadline with players that were all older and rental type players. you don't improve your future with deadline trades. you improve it with picks and prospects.

our defense has a dark horse norris on it with an up and comer in fowler who is the most snake bit player i have seen in a long time.

koivu has been a beast all year and is the only player i have seen give 110% every shift and is putting up points on our 3rd line....3rd, not top 6.

selanne has been doing poorly and we have been winning anyway. we have palms and etem ready to start moving up the ranks and have shown they can contribute, why overspend for another older winger in jager or iginla.

bootsgaudet

Oct 15, 2012
The main thing that Murray has done to piss me off is his lack of ability to fill needs. This team has had the same need since Andy Mac got traded (2C), yet the guy still hasn't been able to find a fixture. That pisses me off. I'm sick of needing a 2C. Good GMs fill their holes within a year. Not saying Murray is a bad GM (he's not), but he's a very average one IMO.

thats my frusteration in a nut shell and hes just been coasting along for to long. some one needs to wear the pants and get somthing done, roy was the absoultly perfect 2c that we could have gotten.

gratefulyours

Great 8 = T. Selanne
Nov 9, 2010
Oakland

as i said not getting roy sucked and that is the only mistake he has made, if he didn't try.

if he did and dallas didn't want to trade to us for something less than a massive over payment then he did his job.

considering where we were last year and where we are now, this thread is stupid.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad