Eddie Olczyk diagnosed with colon cancer (upd: officially cancer-free!)

BrianE

Dec 29, 2014
WI
Just wow, sad to hear. Best wishes and prayers to him and his family, hoping for a great recovery.

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007

Finally some good ****ing news about this organization.

Good stuff I am really happy for Edzo he has been missed I am just sick of listening to Steve. Anyone thinks he can lace em up as I am sure he will be better than half of this pathetic roster iced now!

Enyaw

The names ... Wayne
Jan 17, 2014
He was on the pre-game show (Vegas game) .... miss him ... Foley seems lost without Edzo
Get well Eddie

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Foley has been "lost" for a long time.

Foley used to be truly awesome, pre Wolves, but he is almost all shtick now, which sucks. He's fallen off big time.

I think at this point in the current season, it's just exaggerated due to the fact that he's likely hammered watching every game due to the disgusting performance of the team. He's passionate about the team, and tells it like it is. No denying that. And I'll take him over Konroyd any day of the week.

Edzo, you can't come back soon enough.

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
I think at this point in the current season, it's just exaggerated due to the fact that he's likely hammered watching every game due to the disgusting performance of the team. He's passionate about the team, and tells it like it is. No denying that. And I'll take him over Konroyd any day of the week.

Edzo, you can't come back soon enough.

I look forward to Edzo coming back, but I'm already dreading the first 3:33 reference.

Reactions: LordKOTL

Backyard Hockey

Dealing With It
Feb 13, 2015
Bummer. I'm going to miss Konroyd. I truly enjoy his exhilarating analysis and presentation.

Then again, I enjoy vanilla ice cream, khaki slacks from Lands End, builders beige wall paint, my 2008 silver base model Toyota Camry and humming along to a nice Peter Cetera song.

Backyard Hockey

Dealing With It
Feb 13, 2015
Seriously though wonder if he'll be the same guy. Eddie was bringing some interesting criticism. Particularly when interviewed on the Score and espn 1000. Took major shots at Toews and Saad and said last year was a mirage because by his count, he had 20-25 goalie wins by Crow.

Will he bring that same vigor?

Backyard Hockey

Dealing With It
Feb 13, 2015
I went to lunch yesterday with Steve Konroyd. We went to the Tom Colichio's amazing Craft Steak restaurant in the MGM
Grand.

I ordered the A5 12 oz Japanese Wagyu Filet and diver sea scallops with a side of bacon infused Brussels sprouts in a bourdelais reduction

Steve Konroyd ordered a broiled boneless chicken breast with peas.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
I went to lunch yesterday with Steve Konroyd. We went to the Tom Colichio's amazing Craft Steak restaurant in the MGM
Grand.

I ordered the A5 12 oz Japanese Wagyu Filet and diver sea scallops with a side of bacon infused Brussels sprouts in a bourdelais reduction

Steve Konroyd ordered a broiled boneless chicken breast with peas.

Just you and him? Or you were in the restaurant with him?

Or is this a Steve K is boring as shit joke.

Also, I feel for you if you had to attend the NGA show.

Last edited:

Backyard Hockey

Dealing With It
Feb 13, 2015
In fairness to Foley, there is a good chance that "turd" is the best description of the 3rd period for the remainder of the year.

Yeah Foley's subtle jabs are not so subtle. You could hear it on the 4th goal. You can hear it everytine Keith misses the net and you can hear it everytine Schmaltz 'refuses to shoot'.

Backyard Hockey

Dealing With It
Feb 13, 2015
Just you and him? Or you were in the restaurant with him?

Or is this a Steve K is boring as **** joke.

Dude - cmon

It was a joke. Meant to illustrate that Konroyd is the most boring milquetoast person on the planet.

He is the auto equivalent of a Toyota Camry or the musical equivalent of a best if Bryan Adams playlist.

Remember the scene in 40 Year Old Virgin where Steve Carrel is telling Seth Rogen and the guys about his weekend and he describes really wanting an egg salad sandwich and that whole processes? That's basically what a Steve Konroyd broadcast sounds like. I'm waiting for Foley to go 'oh, cool. Cool. Cool. Cool' like Seth Rogen did.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Dude - cmon

It was a joke. Meant to illustrate that Konroyd is the most boring milquetoast person on the planet.

He is the auto equivalent of a Toyota Camry or the musical equivalent of a best if Bryan Adams playlist.

Remember the scene in 40 Year Old Virgin where Steve Carrel is telling Seth Rogen and the guys about his weekend and he describes really wanting an egg salad sandwich and that whole processes? That's basically what a Steve Konroyd broadcast sounds like. I'm waiting for Foley to go 'oh, cool. Cool. Cool. Cool' like Seth Rogen did.

How is anyone supposed to know it was a joke? It looked like a random story. Maybe add:sarcasm::naughty::laugh:

Solid joke though.

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
How is anyone supposed to know it was a joke? It looked like a random story. Maybe add:sarcasm::naughty::laugh:

Solid joke though.

Dude you are too uptight lately, let loose let it go lol, it was obviously a joke since we would have heard him chilling with Steve in the past...

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad