Eddie Olczyk diagnosed with colon cancer (upd: officially cancer-free!)

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Sorry to hear he had cancer, but glad to hear it's been removed and he's going through with chemo. One can never be too aggressive when it comes to cancer (especially when one's in good enough health to undergo chemotherapy).

Get well soon Edzo!

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
All the best wishes to him and his family. **** cancer.

Salvaged Ship

Oct 9, 2013
Tough tough guy Edzo, best wishes to you and your family and look forward to seeing you back in the booth soon

Marotte Marauder

Aug 10, 2008
WOW, young guy, in pretty good shape should do well. Best of luck to recovery Edzo from your first hockey organization!

Captain Fantastic

Connor McMastadon
Feb 24, 2012
YEG
Hope for a good recovery for him. Alarming new statistics released today on colon cancer. It's on the rise for people under 50.

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
When I saw his name first I thought he had taken some job somewhere but this was unexpected. Get well soon.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
http://nbcsportsgrouppressbox.com/2...dent-of-production-sam-flood-on-eddie-olczyk/

“On behalf of everyone at NBC Sports, we wish Eddie and his family all the best as they cope with this health issue. Our top priority is for Edzo to get healthy, so he won’t be joining us at the beginning of the season. We’ll have information on how we’ll staff those games soon. But most of all, we’re looking forward to the day when Edzo comes off IR, and rejoins Doc and Pierre to call the great game of hockey.â€

migi

Feb 25, 2015
Get well soon Eddie! You are one of the best.

**** cancer.

Mister X

Sponsor
Dec 15, 2010
IL
http://nbcsportsgrouppressbox.com/2...dent-of-production-sam-flood-on-eddie-olczyk/

“On behalf of everyone at NBC Sports, we wish Eddie and his family all the best as they cope with this health issue. Our top priority is for Edzo to get healthy, so he wonÂ’t be joining us at the beginning of the season. WeÂ’ll have information on how weÂ’ll staff those games soon. But most of all, weÂ’re looking forward to the day when Edzo comes off IR, and rejoins Doc and Pierre to call the great game of hockey.Ââ€

I know it is partly (mostly) PR, but still nice to see NBCS say that.

Blue Liner

Dec 12, 2009
Chicago
My mother had colon cancer twice so this one hits home a little closer. Hope all goes well for him. ****** news.

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
Eddie is local Chicago hockey. He made good with all the potential he flashed at Brother Rice. The Blackhawks are the Blackhawks. Eddie is Chicago ... even more than Chris Chelios. Hope for a speedy recovery.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad