GDT: ECSF Game 2 | FLYERS (H) vs. Islanders (A) | Wednesday, Aug. 26, 2020 | 3:00 pm ET | NBCSN, SN, TVA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chinatown88

Daniels QB3
Jan 17, 2012
The Universe
YOU MEAN ME? STOP BEING A FAN?????????????? MAYBE I WILL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ARE YOU DARING ME?!?!?!?!?!?!?!
giphy.gif

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
He's a player who needs to be pushing. He does so much better when the team is going for it. Playing on his heels in a shell isn't his game at all and it shows.

i agree. but the nature of the role of a dman is there will undoubtedly be times where you are going to be the target of a heavy forecheck and it can impact your decision making.

Hexxxy

Feb 25, 2017
This game is already an black mark on AV and G, Couts, Provorov. It’s great to dominate the 1st.

the media will forget it if we win. But what happened today is real. In a game dominated but probabilistic margins, the shift to shell created IMHO unacceptable risk.

• The odds of gaining a momentum-creating 2nd goal After turtling? Pretty decent.
  • The odds of game tying goal while continuing to turtle? High.
  • Putting the team in a situation whereby they could lose a game (OT is 50-50 chance) they were dominating — and a team they have shown ability to dominate like none other in the playoffs — Fireable.
  • Losing this game? Devastating.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad