GDT: ECSF Game 2 | FLYERS (H) vs. Islanders (A) | Wednesday, Aug. 26, 2020 | 3:00 pm ET | NBCSN, SN, TVA

Status
Not open for further replies.

kudymen

Hakstok was a fascist clique hiver lickballs.gif
Jun 18, 2011
Atlanta (Decatur)
Sat back playing bullshit hockey and it hurt them. Like it does more often than not across the NHL.

And Flyers have done a REALLY good job this year of not doing that.

I dont understand whats going on. It is just so much different from what the reg season style offered. Reinventing whats working. Just like the stupid PP tweaks making us one of the worst PP teams in the league.

Hexxxy

Feb 25, 2017
I don't think they "let them" it's kind of what Trotz teams do. They generally are not going to get outworked.
The isles are overpowered by the flyers if the flyers simply play a 60minute game.

hell, if they played a 50 minute game today it’s totally acceptable.

AV is coaching like a rookie and the leaders on the team are setting the wrong tone on aggression/compete/asssertiveness v hanging back/shelling

I thought at least the leadership group would be aware after hak not

FlyerNutter

In the forest, a man learns what it means to live
Jun 22, 2018
Winnipeg
They defered THREE straight entries to go for short changes before the goal.

THREE. From different lines.

Sat back playing bullshit hockey and it hurt them. Like it does more often than not across the NHL.

And Flyers have done a REALLY good job this year of not doing that.

I hate the whole "its the playoffs" thing. There is really not much difference to regular season outside playing better teams. Just play your game.

Im not a stats guy, but the difference in playing style compared to the regular season imo is clear.

Its also asinine, but with all that hockey experience behind the bench what do I know.

FlyerFaithful17

Feb 24, 2015
Its interesting. I didnt expect this strategy come playoff time after what we saw in the regular season.

Colonel Custer would be proud.

I can call it cowardly coaching, but whats the point. This is Hak era 2.0
Yeah, we should probably be used to it by now. For some reason I keep being surprised.

Flybynite

Feb 25, 2018
So did the Flyers hear about the NBA players boycotting and decided to boycott playing hockey the rest of the game?

romulus augustulus

Oct 3, 2019
I would not have challenged there either but that's offside, clear as day.

Screwed again on an offside against the Isles. Like poetry, it rhymes.

EgYIzrwXcAACt9Y

NHL officiating is such a joke. At least they didn't add on a penalty against Myers for too many men on the ice for that play.

flyerslducks

Feb 15, 2017
The isles are overpowered by the flyers if the flyers simply play a 60minute game.

hell, if they played a 50 minute game today it’s totally acceptable.

AV is coaching like a rookie and the leaders on the team are setting the wrong tone on aggression/compete/asssertiveness v hanging back/shelling

I thought at least the leadership group would be aware after hak not
100% this. We took our foot off and just let them come back in. Everyone just dumped the puck and changed quickly. No one was told to forecheck. It's freaking embarrassing to do that with a one goal lead with 8 minutes left

JVR21

Jan 27, 2010
AV keeps putting out the f***ing Thompson line like that's going to help protect the lead. It's pathetic that he can't see the giant liability he is.

Reactions: Alchemy
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad