GDT: ECSF Game 2 | FLYERS (H) vs. Islanders (A) | Wednesday, Aug. 26, 2020 | 3:00 pm ET | NBCSN, SN, TVA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Strawberry Fields

12x Calder Cup Champs
Sep 29, 2017
Central PA
Craft beer. Everyone has to post craft beer.
0007279600016_0_A1C1_1200.png

Rich Nixon

No Prior Knowledge of "Flyers"
Jul 11, 2006
Key Biscayne
Flyers need to wake the f*** up. Get their feet moving. Get their heads out of their asses. Get shots to the net. Keep the pressure on like they did in the 2nd period. Be f***ing relentless.

Yup. I wrote a tome like this on the main board thread but basically...they gotta stop acting like they're entitled to a passing lane across the crease and start hammering away with the low shots and following them up. You don't score a ton of Harlem Globetrotters six-pass goals in the playoffs, you gotta make a little mayhem. Less trying to outwait, more effort to outskate.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Yup. I wrote a tome like this on the main board thread but basically...they gotta stop acting like they're entitled to a passing lane across the crease and start hammering away with the low shots and following them up. You don't score a ton of Harlem Globetrotters six-pass goals in the playoffs, you gotta make a little mayhem. Less trying to outwait, more effort to outskate.

Varlamov was leaving big rebounds. Get guys around the net to clean them up.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
He's always done that. He has a little of that Garth Snow puffyness up top and a pretty solid glovehand, not really worth trying to pick corners on him. Just make a mess and bang a couple home.

This kind of thing is something that Hak never noticed.

AV, I believe, for all his other playoff shortcomings, can and will notice it. Such as when they spent the last game of the series with every shooter going hard at Price's stick side, to good effect. They obviously must have spotted something there.

Reactions: TheKingPin

bobbythebrain

Jul 30, 2016
I don't understand what you're trying to do here. It isn't some blind defense of Giroux to point out how media and interviews have worked in the NHL for a few generations now, which you apparently weren't aware of.

Oh Beefy. You always counter w/ "I don't know what you are trying to do here" It's clear what I am doing, and my english has been good enough to articulate over the last few posts as to what I am saying.

Stop saying this is how media interviews have gone since the day of inception of hockey. Many of interviews have been political in hockey nature, posturing, self reflection and all out frustration. It's always been a mixed bag despite you saying otherwise

So stop acting like CLAUDE GIROUX has only fit one mold despite every outcome

When he says he says he needs to be better w/ no goals in a frustrating Flyers offensive outing thus far in the playoffs..It certainly can mean just that. He believes it...as does the fans, media and his coach to this point

So honestly, I wish I could throw a "what is it you're trying to do here?" post at back at you...but I already know

Keep on with the Thompson, AV and Hagg posts. If forbid we lose, you can tell us how G and Coots and their 1 goal performances in 2 playoff series weren't the guys who needed to be blamed or stepped up

Reactions: onlylordsvsmorebp

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Oh Beefy. You always counter w/ "I don't know what you are trying to do here" It's clear what I am doing, and my english has been good enough to articulate over the last few posts as to what I am saying.

Considering you thought "platitude" meant the exact opposite of what it actually means, that's questionable.

Considering you seem to be completely and totally misreading and misunderstanding the interview, there is no level of English proficiency that will make what you're saying clear.

Stop saying this is how media interviews have gone since the day of inception of hockey. Many of interviews have been political in hockey nature, posturing, self reflection and all out frustration. It's always been a mixed bag despite you saying otherwise

I did not say this is how media has worked since the inception of hockey. Either you are a liar, lying about what I've said, or you're demonstrating those comprehension problems I mentioned above.

It is quite important to take into account how hockey/media interaction functions when assessing hockey/media interaction. What would ever compel you to ignore that? It's vital to understanding what you're seeing. That you apparently don't understand it explains how you misread this so badly.

We did not get any of those things in this interview. We got a canned response that Giroux and every other hockey player has given countless times. A platitude, as it were.

So stop acting like CLAUDE GIROUX has only fit one mold despite every outcome

He fit his "we are all accountable gotta try hard" mold with that response. We've seen it time and again, and we will see it until he retires. It's not unique. It's not new. It's not significant. It's a mindless sound bite.

When he says he says he needs to be better w/ no goals in a frustrating Flyers offensive outing thus far in the playoffs..It certainly can mean just that. He believes it...as does the fans, media and his coach to this point

OK. It doesn't serve as proof that he is playing badly, nor is it an admission on his part that he thinks he is doing badly. It's an empty quote that every hockey player uses.

So honestly, I wish I could throw a "what is it you're trying to do here?" post at back at you...but I already know

Keep on with the Thompson, AV and Hagg posts. If forbid we lose, you can tell us how G and Coots and their 1 goal performances in 2 playoff series weren't the guys who needed to be blamed or stepped up

When Giroux plays bad, I call him out; the fact is that he is doing all the right things to create goals and production, hence why he is one of the most productive players we have. He will score goals if he keeps doing these things; it hasn't happened now, because that's how hockey works some times. It's unbelievable that needs to be explained to you. Also, Couturier played badly last game and I lashed him for it. You're ignorant, and you are spouting ignorance. Inform yourself before you look any worse. Stop making claims about what I do or say that are fantastically wrong.

Hagg, Thompson, and AV have been massive problems holding the team back. Giroux and Couturier have been generating the offense that has carried those massive problems.

Reactions: Starat327
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad