GDT: ECSF Game 2 | FLYERS (H) vs. Islanders (A) | Wednesday, Aug. 26, 2020 | 3:00 pm ET | NBCSN, SN, TVA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
You are doing nothing more than just putting this in your own perspective that this was a "platitude". Are you wrong? Maybe...maybe not

But ALOT of fans, media and even the coach has come out to talk out PHI's big guns(aside from Jake) thus far not doing enough and have to do more

So is this G being a good soldier or actually realizing he has to do better? Ya, I know my take, and it's a whole lot different than yours apparently. Not shocked tho

Guy doesn't have a goal and you are claiming he has taken some moral high ground...perhaps give him more credit as a leader and some self realization as one?

Is this your first time paying attention to hockey interviews, or what

Please bold where I said he took "a moral high ground." I'm pointing out that this is the kind of thing he's been saying his entire career, especially after losses, and even after losses where he was great. Sometimes after wins. It's just meaningless. It's futile to assign meaning to it.

Sort of like how coaches talk about the urgency of accountability and never actually practice what they preach. It's just the same words said by everyone to fulfill their media obligation without making any drama. For like the last 20 years at least.

bobbythebrain

Jul 30, 2016
Is this your first time paying attention to hockey interviews, or what

It was a pretty clear response. The fact that you are trying to funnel it into one agenda by him says a whole lot.

I've listened to many HOCKEY INTERVIEWS that have self realization/admittance and/or just posturing.

Again, the fact that you just want to say his remarks were nothing more than one is par for you Giroux can do no wrong theme

Ps: Platitude means moral and thoughtful. So there's that

Reactions: marcsson68

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
It was a pretty clear response. The fact that you are trying to funnel it into one agenda by him says a whole lot.

I've listened to many HOCKEY INTERVIEWS that have self realization/admittance and/or just posturing.

Again, the fact that you just want to say his remarks were nothing more than one is par for you Giroux can do no wrong theme

I'm not funneling it into an agenda. I am doing the exact opposite of that. There is no agenda to be found here because "we all have to be better, especially the top guys" is a quote I've heard from Giroux literally hundreds of times now. Not just from Giroux, from every single star hockey player around the league. It's not my fault this is apparently the first time you've heard him say it. It's not my fault you're attaching unwarranted profundity to a routine occurrence.

bobbythebrain

Jul 30, 2016
I'm not funneling it into an agenda. I am doing the exact opposite of that. There is no agenda to be found here because "we all have to be better, especially the top guys" is a quote I've heard from Giroux literally hundreds of times now. It's not my fault this is apparently the first time you've heard him say it. It's not my fault you're attaching unwarranted profundity to a routine occurrence.

No I know, I know. My bad. I apologize. Him saying after a 6-5 loss,a hat trick and 2 apples, that he has to be better is the EXACT same meaning as him saying he has to better in the 2nd round of the playoffs, w/ no goals and an animic offense thus far are one and the same things.

Reactions: onlylordsvsmorebp

Rich Nixon

No Prior Knowledge of "Flyers"
Jul 11, 2006
Key Biscayne
I had a dentist's appointment scheduled for 3:30 tomorrow it turns out...booked it months back, put it on my company's work calendar, forgot about it.

Checked the calendar today, saw it, reminded my boss I'd be offline starting at 3 or a little before because I had a dentist's appointment, then called the dentist and cancelled.

I'm buying a 40.

bobbythebrain

Jul 30, 2016
[QUOTE="Starat327, post: 173288035, member: 120181"]This place has become a cesspool [/QUOTE]

Of excuses for their favorite players...you are correct

Reactions: onlylordsvsmorebp

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
I had a dentist's appointment scheduled for 3:30 tomorrow it turns out...booked it, put it on my work calendar, forgot about it.

Checked the calendar today, reminded my boss I'd be offline starting at 3 or a little before because I had a dentist's appointment, then called the dentist and cancelled.

I'm buying a 40.

I hope you are seeing a real dentist.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
No I know, I know. My bad. I apologize. Him saying after a 6-5 loss,a hat trick and 2 apples, that he has to be better is the EXACT same meaning as him saying he has to better in the 2nd round of the playoffs, w/ no goals and an animic offense thus far are one and the same things.

Correct. It's all meaningless. It's all just him fulfilling a media obligation without doing anything that will make any waves, just like every single NA player of significance has drilled into them from Juniors on.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
I don't understand what you're trying to do here. It isn't some blind defense of Giroux to point out how media and interviews have worked in the NHL for a few generations now, which you apparently weren't aware of.

Can confirm you actually take classes on media communications. They literally teach you canned responses, ita why everyone says the aame 10 phrases.

But what the hell do I know. Im not an Authentic Fan, just a Statnerd

Chinatown88

Daniels QB3
Jan 17, 2012
The Universe
I am working hard in the lab to try and figure that out.
giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad