GDT: ECSF #5 - 5/25/13 | New York Rangers @ Boston Bruins | 5:30 PM - NBC SPORTS, TSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueshirtBlitz

Foolish Samurai
Aug 2, 2010
New York
I just think of how glorious it would be to end up winning this series after the announcers spent endless amounts of time talking about how the Bruins have been here before and know how to close out a series.

mti79

May 11, 2007
We got one win under our belt and it doesn't matter if it was "ugly" or not. We always needed to win one in Boston so why not today. Makes it 3-2 going home which is how it's set up to be. Take care of business today in Beantown and come home.

On a personal note, this is a hard day for me. 3 years ago, I lost my Dad. He was 63. He was the one who made me the Ranger fan that I am and I struggle with his loss on a daily basis. Last year, we lost to the Devils and had our season end on this day in OT and it ended our season. I'm trying to convince myself that there is no way that can happen 2 years in a row. I really hope I'm right.

Play hard, play smart. One game at a time. One period at a time. One shift at a time. Let's Go Rangers! #NYRBelieve

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
I thought we might win game 4 at home, this one the odds are against us. But if we can pull this off, we can start to hope. Not going to say anything about comebacks until about 8:30 today, at the earliest.

Go out, be loose, have fun. And I'd like to see Gilroy over Hammer-time if possible.

Break out the frozen pizza for this one
tumblr_mkr75cfQDW1rsfpkpo1_500.jpg

Kershaw

I just think of how glorious it would be to end up winning this series after the announcers spent endless amounts of time talking about how the Bruins have been here before and know how to close out a series.

Bruins deserve their praise.

Siddi

Rangers Masochist
Mar 8, 2013
Global
I chose to believe! Im such a sucker i know but i love my Rangers. I just hope they love themselfes just as much.

4-2 Rangers :handclap:

Saitama

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 20, 2010
Winnipeg
Effort isn't consistent, which makes me a nonbeliever in this group. They should've packed up after the first, which was a horrendous period for a team on brink of elimination.

You've been a non-believer for as long as I can remember.

The Rangers will have to play a heck of a lot better than they have in order to take this one in Boston. I definitely believe they can do this and bloody-well better do it, because you know Boston is going to be playing at an elevated level today to close this one out.

trilobyte

Regulated User
Dec 9, 2008
Calgary, Alberta
The Rangers can do it. Just speaking for today, no need to think longer term than today, just live in the present tense of today.

I want so see them skate the puck up the ice like Nash and Kreider did, with purpose and speed. I want to see them pressure the Bruins for the puck, like Stepan did with Chara. I want to see passes to the right guy, in the right place at the right time, like the one to Boyle for that beautiful tying goal. I want to see Hamrlik play another game where he stays within himself and plays to his strengths.
I want to see the Rangers pressure the Bruins point men when they set up...oh well, will never see this but maybe the other stuff? Definitely.

Lets Go Rangers!!!

BarbaraAlphanse

Effort isn't consistent, which makes me a nonbeliever in this group. They should've packed up after the first, which was a horrendous period for a team on brink of elimination.

Wait what? They won the game because they didn't pack up. They played complacent the first 3 games. They played defeated in the 1st half of game 4. Then they turned it on. If the effort is there then I believe we have a chance.

For someone who is complaining about the inconsistent effort this team gives, I can't believe you wanted them to pack it in after a poor first half of the game, being tied, or down 1/2 goals, and still being in the game and in the series.

Vickers8

Stan Fischler on with Patrick Mcenroe, said
Hank >> Rask
Ranger desnsemen > Bruin dmen
Praised Torts for having the guts to bench Richie and put Kreids with Nash, and assembling the abrasive 4th line which in game 4 neutralized b's 4th line..gives Rangers the edge today

Kershaw

Wait what? They won the game because they didn't pack up. They played complacent the first 3 games. They played defeated in the 1st half of game 4. Then they turned it on. If the effort is there then I believe we have a chance.

For someone who is complaining about the inconsistent effort this team gives, I can't believe you wanted them to pack it in after a poor first half of the game, being tied, or down 1/2 goals, and still being in the game and in the series.

I don't think they played any different in game 4 than games 1-3, just the result was different.

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
Rangers need to get a lead in this game... they cant be playing from behind. They need to rattle Rask and get better quality chances on him.

And again, score on the PP, and the chances of winning go up exponentially.

Vickers8

Rangers need to get a lead in this game... they cant be playing from behind. They need to rattle Rask and get better quality chances on him.

And again, score on the PP, and the chances of winning go up exponentially.

Agreed a PP goal could turn this game for us

Jan 8, 2012
NY
I have tickets to the Chelsea/Man City game at Yankee Stadium today, but I'll stream the game on the my phone.

Win today, and Boston starts to really question themselves.

I still think we lose 3-1 :(

ak10r

Dec 30, 2006
Fairbanks Alaska
I say rest Hank, we'll need him against Pitt....... Richie's day off is over, now get out there and show us what playoff hockey is about....... All you ninny naysayers, go to H E double hockey sticks......... This is the New York Mother *** Rangers..... We are here...in your face and ready to open a big can of whoop a$$. We are talkin Popeye opening a can of spinach, can of whoop a$$ Let's go boys!!!! LGR :rant:

:handclap:

BarbaraAlphanse

That first goal will be so important

No. A full 60 minutes is important. This series has shown us that both teams can blow leads. Need a consistent effort. And luck. That's it. 2 big things but we'll need one if not both to win this game.

SA16

Sixstring
Aug 25, 2006
Long Island
Waiting for my flight at JFK...hoping for the outside shot the flight will get nbcsp but if not right when we land out comes the computer and watching the recording if the gane

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad