Series Talk: ECQF (WC1) Boston Bruins vs (M1) Carolina Hurricanes - Carolina leads 2-0

Series result?

• Bruins in 4

Votes: 7 3.2%
  • Bruins in 5

Votes: 12 5.4%
  • Bruins in 6

Votes: 95 42.8%
  • Bruins in 7

Votes: 55 24.8%
  • Whalercanes in 4

Votes: 6 2.7%
  • Whalercanes in 5

Votes: 15 6.8%
  • Whalercanes in 6

Votes: 28 12.6%
  • Whalercanes in 7

Votes: 4 1.8%

• Total voters

RoccoF14

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL
I've got Boston in 7. I think we have more top end talent than Carolina, but I think Carolina is rock solid and more balanced up and down the lineup. I think its all going to come down to how well our top end players perform. Bergeron, Marchy, Pasta, Hall, McAvoy and Lindholm are all going to have to step up and perform at a high level. There's no margin for error here. Gonna be a great series.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
It will mean nothing, but just throwing this out there...

The Ducks went 10-4 against the Hurricanes with Hampus Lindholm in the lineup. Over those fourteen games, the team had a combined total +5 goal differential. Lindholm was a +10.

It'll be interesting for sure to see what impact Lindholm has. Obviously we never faced Carolina with him in the line-up. We also never faced Carolina with the line combinations we plan to roll in the playoffs. All in all it should be an interesting series. Bruins want to show they're still an elite team while I'm sure Carolina wants to prove they can make a deep run while beating teams that have seemed to continually eliminate them in the playoffs.

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
I went Canes in 7.

Much hinges on Eric Haula, IMO.
If he can continue to play at the level he did during the regular season, they can have some semblance of balance up front.

However, if they once again become a one line team, they’re screwed.

I thought it was a major failing at the TDL not upgrading at center. Haula played very well and I hope he continues to do so.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
I went Canes in 7.

Much hinges on Eric Haula, IMO.
If he can continue to play at the level he did during the regular season, they can have some semblance of balance up front.

However, if they once again become a one line team, they’re screwed.

I thought it was a major failing at the TDL not upgrading at center. Haula played very well and I hope he continues to do so.
We need the third line to contribute too. Charlie Coyle could be good if he and Smith get going.

So, in the past Carolina used their third line against the Bs only scoring line (Bergy's line) . Now that the Bs have the Hall, Haula and Pasta line going what does Carolina do?

I love that the Bs have more than one line that can score. I hope they stay HOT and get that power play going. I believe Carolina has a very good PK.

Reactions: Cronuss and sooshii

CrownofThornton

Jul 8, 2012
I have home and away kelly jerseys. I just got a tshirt from nhl.com with his name and number to replace one I lost in a flood 2 years ago.

So glad he's behind the bench as I think he will help the guys in the playoffs with the little details.

I’m jealous on the Kelly swag! I’d always wanted Atleast one jersey, but seems I likely missed the boat.

I commend you on your sense of taste. I still get hyped seeing Kells behind the bench, and was elated when he was brought back into the fold. I also get a kick out of knowing he’s likely chirping Marchand on the regular. :laugh:

Reactions: Alicat

BruinsFanMike82

Apr 15, 2009
MA
Over their most recent 10-decisions:

Record
GAA
Sv %
Shutouts
High-Danger Sv %
Goals Saved Above Average per 60mins
Antti Raanta
6-2-2​
2.43​
0.914​
1​
0.835​
+0.18​
Frederick Andersen
5-4-1​
2.64​
0.897​
1​
0.792​
-0.03​
*Pyotr Kochetkov
3-0-0​
2.42​
0.902​
0​
0.842​
+0.09​
Linus Ullmark
9-1-0​
1.50​
0.945​
1​
0.895​
+0.86​
Jeremy Swayman
4-6-0​
3.48​
0.877​
0​
0.756​
-0.94​

* = Kochetkov has only played in 3 games.

Raanta has been playing very well, but Ullmark has been elite. Andersen and Swayman have been struggling.

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012
Probably a bad sign that I weirdly feel pretty good about this series. The season series couldn't have gone much worse, but the Bruins have had the better record since the teams last played. I'd probably feel better if this series had started a few weeks ago, since Carolina finally got out of their midseason funk over their last 10 games. I think it's going 6 or 7.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
I’m jealous on the Kelly swag! I’d always wanted Atleast one jersey, but seems I likely missed the boat.

I commend you on your sense of taste. I still get hyped seeing Kells behind the bench, and was elated when he was brought back into the fold. I also get a kick out of knowing he’s likely chirping Marchand on the regular. :laugh:
I need some Marchand-Kelly chirping on behind the b lol.

You didn't miss the boat at all to get one. I'd order if from the proshop if you ever decided to get one.

I was pumped when they brought him in as player development coordinator and even more excited when he was named as Pandolfo's replacement. You can see his influence on the defensive side of the game. He's got forward backchecking. and he had Bergeron, Haula, Nosek all over 50% and Coyle was at 49.1 and Lazar at 48.9%. Not too shabby.

Reactions: CrownofThornton

Bradely

Sep 17, 2021
There is a difference in thinking the Bs will lose a series to ALWAYS being negative. NO one thinks you are a "negative hater" just because your opinion is that the Bs won't win this series. There are a few here that are ALWAYS negative. I feel sorry for them that they are such miserable humans.
Post automatically merged:

The female lions do 90% of hunting.
If I reincarnate, I wish being a male lion!

Boston in 7. Hope Ullboy will chase the Conn Smythe. I beleive he will come out great! I wish to see 16 goals HUG this year.....

Reactions: Ladyfan

HustleB

Cautiously Optimistic
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2017
Welcome to the Jungle
The player I am most intrigued by for the playoffs is DeBrusk. Will we see the fearless net drive scoring we saw in the Toronto series? Will he play the body hard, crank up the second efforts? If he turns it up another notch I really believe the Bruins will be scary. He really does have a ton of skill….and can really be a difference maker.
Good theme but rather then a specific player the McAvoy-Lindholm pair is what I am most intrigued by.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
Arrived just in time for tomorrow

full

toria13

Sep 18, 2019
I said Bruins in 6 out of optimism but I think there's a decent chance it goes 7

I'd love to see the Bruins come out of the gate and take game 1, set the tone and show they're not the same team Carolina rolled over earlier this season.

Reactions: TCB

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Foligno with 4pt series & +5 just to silence the doubters.
I think most here would be OK with this

I said Bruins in 6 out of optimism but I think there's a decent chance it goes 7

I'd love to see the Bruins come out of the gate and take game 1, set the tone and show they're not the same team Carolina rolled over earlier this season.
I will be very happy if the Bs can take one of the first two games with no injuries.

Reactions: toria13 and Aurinko

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
I believe that just because a "fan" wants to post positive things about their team doesn't make them a pom pom waver. There is always hope.

I know that is what you think of me . I don't think because someone post negative things that makes them not a fan. I DO believe SOME here think they are so much above the rest and are such deep hockey thinkers and think THEY know so much more than other fans. I know this is not the case (except for a few like Dom who really does know more than the rest of us).

It is sad that posters cannot enjoy the ride.

I am sure YOU will ultimately be correct because the chance of a cup win is slim. I believe even the positive posters know this.

You are very condescending. I don't know why because you are not one of the great hockey minds here.
1651433829700.jpeg

Reactions: Ladyfan

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
Whole lot of Canadian broadcasters never forgave Boston for winning in 2011.

I’ve always wanted to meet Glenn Healy just to ask him how much he lost on that series. Instant furnace face.
I laughed so hard....I now have a new name for my boss. Thank you!

Agreed, the Canadian media loathe our Bruins because of that series. I love it!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad