ECQF New York Islanders vs Pittsburgh Penguins (Isles sweep 4-0)

ThreeLeftSkates

Nov 20, 2008
I would congratulate the Isles fans..... but I've been to the Nassau Coliseum and have witnessed first hand all of their glorious charm.
I have gotten to exchange with more than a few Pens fans since before this series started, from those pointing out Sid's exploits against every team to rational fans.
Way to stay classy!

Chardo

Apr 27, 2007
The lack of true top-end talent up in that roster hurts New York's chances. this also is a team which doesn't have any real experience making a deep run in the playoffs. Washington is (on paper) stronger at pretty much every position, has some of the best players in the league (including perhaps the greatest goal scorer in history) and is the defending Cup champion and they would have home-ice to boot. There is no way they wouldn't be the heavy favorite in a tilt with the Islanders. Not saying New York couldn't pull it off; but I think pretty much every neutral observer would agree the odds are against them.

Their lack of top end talent does hurt their chances. But many Islanders players, and coaches, do have real experience with deep playoff runs. And while Washington is stronger on paper and would have home ice, the Islanders players know they shut out the Caps both times they played in DC. Caps would be favored, and the odds are always against the Islanders, but they don't care much about that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad