GDT: ECQF GM1 - New Jersey Devils host the New York Rangers - 7PM EST on MSG2 and MSGSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017
For the love of God and all things holy, do NOT come back to the Rock down 3-1

i get why you are saying that and tend to agree but i rather that then them getting swept at msg.

really surprised it was 80-20 or at worst 75-25 split yesterday thats a good job by the fans seeing the prices before the game for sure though it would've been more blue.

Clam Jensen

Apr 8, 2008
NJ
What’s up with Jonas, did he forget how good he was defensively last year and the first half of this year?

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017
one team with a ton of playoff experience showed up to play a playoff game. the other team with next to none playoff experience showed up to play a regular season game 83. i'm not going to blame ruff since there is only so much preparation you can do before hand without actually experiencing it in game. kids have to figure it out and start blocking shots like the rangers did start getting physical not look for the perfect pass and take shots.

i'd roll the same lineup and if same result then make the shakeup moves for game 3.

billingtons ghost

Nov 29, 2010
This exactly. The Devils need to hold onto the puck for an extra half second for the lanes to open up. They have the skill to take advantage of teams selling out to block shots, but it's tough to make that adjustment in-game when you're jittery and chasing the game.
I've been saying this. Poise and patience

R8Devs

1-5-6-12
Nov 20, 2010
New Jersey
I have been told on good faith that lineup is not set yet for game two but there will be at least one change and possibly a second… speculate away on the 1 change. I’ll say Sharangovich for Bastian
I think Sharangovich is probably coming in. When he's in the lineup they use him on the first wave of PK forwards with Nico (unless the faceoff is on the goalie's right then they use Mcleod as a faceoff guy and then try to change him for Sharangovich at the earliest moment). It should probably be for Wood but seeing how it's gone this year it will probably be for Boqvist or Bastian.

I could see L.Hughes coming in too -- either for Bahl or going 11/7 but I think defense would be the less likely change.

PizzaAndPucks

New Jersey Angels diehard
Nov 29, 2018
Powerplay , 5 on 5 , penalty kill , goaltending. We need to improve at all of thse next game because all of it wasn't good enough. This team always comes out slow man. In the first period we are only +2 on the year in the regular season and much better in the 2nd or 3rd. Why does this team come out slow if we are young and arguably the fastest team in the NHL ? Is it coaching or what ? It's really not a way to be a good team and it is going to bite us in the ass if it doesn't stop. Those first come from behind wims were fun and this team has proven they are one of the better 5 on 5 teams but going behind a goal or two is not going to fly in the playoffs. The team is going to need to dig deep , work harder and adjust for game 2.

Unknown Caller

Apr 30, 2009
one team with a ton of playoff experience showed up to play a playoff game. the other team with next to none playoff experience showed up to play a regular season game 83. i'm not going to blame ruff since there is only so much preparation you can do before hand without actually experiencing it in game. kids have to figure it out and start blocking shots like the rangers did start getting physical not look for the perfect pass and take shots.

i'd roll the same lineup and if same result then make the shakeup moves for game 3.
More like the opposite. One team with no playoff experience showed up jittery like they were too aware that it was a playoff game. The team with playoff experience showed up calm and composed like it was regular season game 83 with crisp puck play and defensive structure.

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017
More like the opposite. One team with no playoff experience showed up jittery like they were too aware that it was a playoff game. The team with playoff experience showed up calm and composed like it was regular season game 83 with crisp puck play and defensive structure.

the way the rangers played that game last night is not how you a play a regular season game for 6 months and 82x.

Devs3cups

Wind of Change
Sponsor
May 8, 2010
anyone mentioning past teams decade ago gotta stop. no idea how these kids are going to react to these situations. i had zero worry in 2012 after getting shut out because that team was loaded with vets. going to be real interesting to see how these kids start tomorrow night. going to start in goal if vitek lets in a soft one then all bets are off.
I hate to be that guy, but over the last few months we can at least expect 1 bad goal a game from our goaltending. That’s what average goaltending does. Hopefully Vitek can find a way to steal a game for us.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Put Bastian net front on PP1, he's great at taking the eyes away from a goalie, we really need that against Shesterkin. Drop Timo to the second unit and put him in his normal shooting spot FFS, simple stuff really but we have to galaxy brain this shit as usual.

Ruff loves galaxy brain lineup moves, but doesn't like to change up any systematic tactics at all.

Reactions: JK3

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017
I hate to be that guy, but over the last few months we can at least expect 1 bad goal a game from our goaltending. That’s what average goaltending does. Hopefully Vitek can find a way to steal a game for us.

i agree i expect it too but if you are going to let in a bad goal a game in the playoffs you aren't going to last very long. he let in 2 yesterday at the absolute worst possible times

Devs3cups

Wind of Change
Sponsor
May 8, 2010
i agree i expect it too but if you are going to let in a bad goal a game in the playoffs you aren't going to last very long. he let in 2 yesterday at the absolute worst possible times
I 100% agree. I won’t put the PP goals on him, but goals 1 and 3 you need a save, especially when you know you’re getting those saves on the other end.

We all knew goaltending was a “what if” for us. Hopefully Vitek can bring leaky goals to a minimum. I probably go Schmid in Game 3 if Vitek has another meh performance.

Reactions: My3Sons

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
I 100% agree. I won’t put the PP goals on him, but goals 1 and 3 you need a save, especially when you know you’re getting those saves on the other end.

We all knew goaltending was a “what if” for us. Hopefully Vitek can bring leaky goals to a minimum. I probably go Schmid in Game 3 if Vitek has another meh performance.

Playing Schmid at MSG would be super ballsy but what do you have to lose at that point

Reactions: Devs3cups
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad