GDT: ECQF GM1 - New Jersey Devils host the New York Rangers - 7PM EST on MSG2 and MSGSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whaddagoal

Junktime season...
Nov 28, 2005
New Jersey
I will say, not that I expect him to actually be removed from the lineup, but if there's any reason for Wood to be scratched it's the offensive zone penalties that he is always prone to. He really did us no favors taking one after being down 1-0 and folding on our 2 early PPs.

Ozone penalties taken drive me nuts.

Not in a playoff game especially.

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
Get a lead and make the Rangers open up and chase the game, and you'll kill them in transition. It's that simple. Fall behind early, and they're going to sit in a shell, sell out to block shots/passes, and let Shesterkin backstop anything else that trickles through. Boston set the blueprint in that April 8th game.

The Devils had a ton of chances in that game (Boston one) to tie or win so not sure how that's relevant to last night where, the game was a perfect script for NYR last night. Good on them for executing, it's just one game. Throw it out and start fresh on Thursday knowing how they play in the playoffs by being that opportunistic but then again it's not like we didn't know that. The third goal killed them since how shit it was + the no goal call.

At this point? It was one game :laugh:

If they're down 2-0 and Vanecek sucks again, you're going to trot him out for a Game 3?

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
I'm just saying he had a rough game. It happens. We know we can win with him and against the rags as well. I don't care if they go to Schmid for game two, the tone just seems overly defeatist for having lost one game.

KovalchukFistPump

Too lazy to change username
Dec 24, 2008
California
I MYSELF am not triggered. Just saying the random people that walk by could wonder things about me. I live in San Francisco so the risk is twice as high.

And no, I'm not going to stop wasting time on here during work. I've done it for 15+ years now

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
I'm just saying he had a rough game. It happens. We know we can win with him and against the rags as well. I don't care if they go to Schmid for game two, the tone just seems overly defeatist for having lost one game.

Lol what? Someone brought up a point about if Vanecek falters and costs us game 2 then a goalie change is something you look at, it's something to consider after how he looked last night. I even said that it'd be ballsy and probably wouldn't be considered by Lindy. He thrives and dies with his veterans so Schmid probably won't see the ice unless it's an insane game tomorrow like 5-4 or 6-5 and Vanecek gets the hook early to save it.

Devs3cups

Wind of Change
Sponsor
May 8, 2010
It’s just disheartening to know you’re basically guaranteed 1-2 bad goals from our goalie, especially when there’s an elite goalie on the other end.

Reactions: Brooklyndevil

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
It was the anime fault
i think the next gdt needs to be something classic. but what should it be? hmm

giphy.webp

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
Prob a bit of copium but while obv not pleased w/ the result, everything that could go wrong went wrong. They got goalied, they were tight all night (playoff experience?), special teams were the key. Not like they played a flawless game and it wasn't good enough.

Game flow played right into the Rangers hands at puck drop. Special teams, choppy play, lots of whistles which made it tough for NJ to roll at 5v5. Shot blocking was maddening, Torts Rangers reincarnated. Thought there were some definite over passing and just bad o zone possessions.

Was happy they weren't in my eyes dominated physically as far as hitting. Hischer got drilled a couple times but thought the hits were pretty even. However, they were dominated physically in front of the net, they need an answer for Kreider just parked in the crease.

I think (hope) they can rebound on Thursday, young guys got their feet wet. Hughes was their best player but he's going to have to change it up a bit, too many "regular season" casual plays that won't work in the playoffs. Meier, boy idk. Threw some hits but also missed horribly on some, 0 offense outside of the 1 handed rush towards the net. Was happy to see Lindy shuffle the lines a bit.

Was with you most of the way until the "Hughes was the best player" part.

Was forced to watch Sam/Micheletti broadcast and they (correctly) felt Nico was the best player on the ice.

I'm confident Jack Hughes will bounce back tomorrow and have a great series.

But when the Devils have struggled he tends to go into one-on-five mode and neglect his responsibilities in the defensive zone.

That was the case last night. He and Hamilton were a big reason for the struggles on the PP.

Reactions: ChicksDigTheTrap

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
Was with you most of the way until the "Hughes was the best player" part.

Was forced to watch Sam/Micheletti broadcast and they (correctly) felt Nico was the best player on the ice.

I'm confident Jack Hughes will bounce back tomorrow and have a great series.

But when the Devils have struggled he tends to go into one-on-five mode and neglect his responsibilities in the defensive zone.

That was the case last night. He and Hamilton were a big reason for the struggles on the PP.

Sure he needed to defer more but where were his line mates to help with that? Palat and Bratt had mediocre games especially for the latter's standards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad