GDT: ECQF Game Two: New Jersey Devils vs. Tampa Bay Lightning

Status
Not open for further replies.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
He also go lucky too, with pucks being shot either at his chest of back towards Him. This did give him a boost of confidence though.

I don't think cory facing a small amount of shots in a low pressure situation is reason for a goalie change. 9 goals against for kk.... how many did he actually have a chance on, maybe 1.
Get lovejoy out...hes mainly on the ice along with Greene when the d coverage is blown.

So the "timely saves" argument goes out the window when it doesn't fit your agenda?

Reactions: Bosskarelli

Mike L

Feb 28, 2018
He also go lucky too, with pucks being shot either at his chest of back towards Him. This did give him a boost of confidence though.

I don't think cory facing a small amount of shots in a low pressure situation is reason for a goalie change. 9 goals against for kk.... how many did he actually have a chance on, maybe 1.
Get lovejoy out...hes mainly on the ice along with Greene when the d coverage is blown.
I think at this point we just need a change in goal and hope the team wakes up.

johnny pierogi

15 MINUTES OF FAYNE
Aug 11, 2016
Warren County
No. Coaches don’t use their time outs mid game anymore because of the challenge.

How can you coach like that? Your challenge isn't going to mean shit if you're down 5-1, which is what happened because the game just got out of control. Young team with minimal playoff experience that needed to be settled down somehow and he didn't even bother with a time out when everyone could sense it was getting out of control

SJinNewJersey

Every single one of us, the devil inside
Dec 21, 2017
New Jersey
I want to see Bratt in there. Yes I know he will take a beating, but we need more offense. The Bratt, Zacha, Wood line looked pretty good in a limited minutes this year. However I thinks it also good to break up Hall and Nico too.

Reactions: PrinceSexyHenrik

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
Third period was the first time I noticed Coleman all series. Not just because of the goal either. He finally got physical.

This team has been far too tentative in most of these first two games. It's like they're so afraid of being beaten by Tampa's offensive players that they've forgotten what got them here in the first place.

johnny pierogi

15 MINUTES OF FAYNE
Aug 11, 2016
Warren County
This team has been far too tentative in most of these first two games. It's like they're so afraid of being beaten by Tampa's offensive players that they've forgotten what got them here in the first place.

This. Their tentativeness is leading to bad turnovers and the inability to clear their zone

Cult of Hynes

Hynes is never wrong.
Nov 9, 2010
Lovejoy really needs to sit. Butcher needs to be given more minutes, Greene less, and Boyle also needs to sit.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Hynes’ take on the game?

1: don’t give them free gifts
2: stay out of the box
3: special teams need to be better.

He didn’t have anything bad to say about Keith, but had nothing good to say either. He did compliment Cory though.

Hynes has been fair when calling out either goalie to the press so I think that may hint at who starts game 3

johnny pierogi

15 MINUTES OF FAYNE
Aug 11, 2016
Warren County
Not 100% giving Keith a pass today but we all know those deflections are neary impossible to pick up. Bottom line is the D was putrid in front and TB put on a tipping clinic

Maine Fan

Defense Wins Chanpionships
Apr 19, 2015
Ocean Twp, NJ
I honestly have little use for anyone on this team that’s over 30, that isn’t named Travis Zajac. And it’s not because of the number, it’s just that the players we have over 30 (excluding Zajac) are either a detriment or non-factor.

Lovejoy is done, Greene is fried as anything better than a bottom pairing guy, Grabner is a lousy bum that needs to be ejected into orbit. I’ve already been over Schneider (had a good relief job today though), I don’t dislike Boyle like many, but I can take him or leave him. Definitely leave him when it comes to being a power play option.

I’m not for purging everyone under 30, it’s just that most of our elder statesmen are either has beens or never weres fluke jobs. *cough* Grabner *cough*.

How you feeling probably would have felt better with a win? Stay well

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
We need to move on from Moore after this year. Not a good or wise long term investment and can’t uograde the D while keeping him.

Why can't we move on him from now? Oh that's right Santini's still in witness protection and the other option is BEN LOVEJOY.

Reactions: PrinceSexyHenrik

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
How can you coach like that? Your challenge isn't going to mean **** if you're down 5-1, which is what happened because the game just got out of control. Young team with minimal playoff experience that needed to be settled down somehow and he didn't even bother with a time out when everyone could sense it was getting out of control

It could have come into play if they had to challenge the Wood near goal late in the third period. I kind of thought their 'timeout' would be pulling KK at 4-1 but they waited till it got to 5.

Maine Fan

Defense Wins Chanpionships
Apr 19, 2015
Ocean Twp, NJ
Hynes said during the game that he thought the defense play well in the first period. I must have been watching a different game.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
You really want to throw Santini in there when he hasn’t played a NHL game since December?

It's not like he hasn't been playing period though, like MoJo who people think is going into the lineup anyday despite still not being cleared. And it's not like Lovejoy, Moore, Mueller and Severson are really giving you anything spectacular.

I would have liked to have played Santini in the last game of the regular season when everyone else was sitting but once he didn't play that game I figured he was in witness protection to stay :P

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad