Pre-Game Talk: ECQF Game 6: Boston Bruins (2-3) vs Toronto Maple Leafs (3-2) | Sunday. 3pm. CBC. NBC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Babcocks Marner

It's a magical time
Mar 3, 2015
Toronto
Going for Easter dinner today with in-laws. One brother in law a Habs fan of biblical proportions, the other a diehard BRUINS fan. Pass the ham!!

Dark shows up for dinner......
DeadlyInformalAustraliankestrel-size_restricted.gif

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
Finish them

We know what to expect when the Bruins get desperate so let's see what the boys have learned and end it at home in front of the Leafs faithful

I took Leafs in 6 before the series started so fingers crossed the team makes me look like I have a clue what I'm writing about

Leafling

Oct 24, 2015
Love how every analyst is still mad about the Matthews goal. These guys are non existent in game 2 or the countless times we were at the opposite end of these interference calls. Gotta love the hate these guys have for us.

All the more reason to end it tmr guys!! GLG!!

Reactions: Pi and BayStBullies

KPower

Jan 17, 2012
Love how every analyst is still mad about the Matthews goal. These guys are non existent in game 2 or the countless times we were at the opposite end of these interference calls. Gotta love the hate these guys have for us.

All the more reason to end it tmr guys!! GLG!!
Half Those pricks wouldn’t have a job if not for the leafs...

You think Tsn would have that much hockey coverage without the leafs?

They don’t even have national rights ffs.

A story about Kadri’s cat got the most hits one day on Tsn.

Reactions: Leafling

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
It's incredible how there has not been any OT in the last 12 playoff games between these two teams. Sensing a first tomorrow afternoon....

I'd like a win more comfortable than that. A little too close for comfort there. We have not had an OT playoff games since the Washington series. I hope we are not due, yet. We are due for a back-to-back win, though.

Reactions: garce and Pi

RealisticLeaf55

Win it clean for J.T
Sep 28, 2010
A place
I work at 5 so hopefully the boys come out flying, get lots of powerplays and blow up the score before I head to work.

Screen rask, control the puck and use our speed and the Bruins will be in a tough corner.

Don't let emotion get in the way of sending the Bruins home. The scoreboard and a clean game are the priorities.

Reactions: AreBe

TheScandal89

Jun 26, 2016
My boss suprised me thursday afternoon with an envelope, I opened it and pulled out 2 tickets for tomorrows game, I couldn't believe it. Although I watch nearly every game and have most of my life, I've only been to a handful of games.

Can't wait, hoping the Leafs take it and send the Bruins home!

BayStBullies

Burn the Boats!
Apr 1, 2012
@BayStBullies
My boss suprised me thursday afternoon with an envelope, I opened it and pulled out 2 tickets for tomorrows game, I couldn't believe it. Although I watch nearly every game and have most of my life, I've only been to a handful of games.

Can't wait, hoping the Leafs take it and send the Bruins home!
Sweet, what time should I be ready?

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
I think the thing here - that is key is that the Leafs all season has been inconsistent when they had great wins. and we've seen it throughout this playoffs.

Really great Game 1
that poop game 2.
Really good Game 2
showed up too late Game 3
the best game I've seen the Leafs play since that game they masterfully shut down Dallas (and Nashville in the same week) Game 5

Step up, and double down on that game five.
This is - A Moment. the Leafs had it in 2016 (very briefly) but didn't have the experience (or the finish really) of combating the Caps and they never got the chance to show everyone what they could do.

They had it in game 7 going into the third and they very quickly burped it away (collectively) - but the year before, they learned how to claw back (by forcing a game seven) which they couldn't do in 2016.

This year they keep pinning Boston down. and for the majority of the time they have them down good, but it seems like just before the ref will call "pin!" the Bruins can wriggle away. Don't let them. pin them down and hold it. don't let them wriggle away. Don't let them get comfortable ever. They are going to come out hard and desperate, and try to force a penalty. Don't bite,and don't be lazy off the first 5-10 minutes.

if they score first - try to get it back as soon as possible.
embrace the moment, and seize it.

Peiskos

Jan 4, 2018
I feel like things are never easy as a Leafs fan, which is why I feel this will go 7 games. But I just wish it could be different this time around, I won’t be able to watch tomorrow and I want to check my app and see that they’ve won and advanced. Leafs fans haven’t been spoiled whatsoever and this is all I ask for, I won’t even care if we go out in the 2nd round tbh, I just want this, this franchise needs this victory.

Looking at how the series has played out if it goes as it’s gone..tomorrow should be a loss for us. Just look.

Game 1 - Win
Game 2 - Loss
Game 3 - Win
Game 4 - Loss
Game 5 - Win
Game 6 - ???

If the trend continues game 6 shapes up to be a loss, I hope we can buck the series trend. I predicted Leafs in 6 and I hope I’m right.

I hope the Leafs know how critical this game is, we’ve got them on the ropes, don’t give them another chance to go home and rally for a game 7.

This is all I ask for, this is all Leafs nation asks for, 2004 was a long time ago, book your tickets to the 2nd round. With the Lightning, Penguins and Flames gone this is our time!

GO :leafsGO

Mkdaman1818

Jun 29, 2013
As always it’s much better than CBC or Sportsnet. NBC does a terrific job on hockey
I disagree if Milbury or McGuire are analysts on the broadcast. Both are absolutely awful and two of the dumbest voices in the sport (don cherry is also on that list). The play by play guys though are all top notch, and Doc Emrick has been calling our series and been phenomenal as usual. So basically, NBC coverage is great if Milbury or McGuire are nowhere to be found.

Reactions: PemIceKing
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad