Post-Game Talk: ECQF GAME 5 - BACK TO TORONTO - Leafs 2 BRUINS 1 F/OT - Boston leads series 3-2

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
f***ing disgusting. I'm completely out of f***s to give with this iteration of the Bruins.
then don't watch :dunno:

The only reason Maroon is there on that line is to protect Pasta sadly.

He shouldn't be on there at all. But that's where we are.

Beecher needs to play. Grizz HAS to sit.
Maroon does not do ANYTHING to protect Pasta.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Feel Better. See you at the next game (hopefully round 2)
I'm feeling much better - Dr also told me to lose 20 lbs

I never had a weight problem until I started grocery shopping

I have gone from "what's for supper" to getting supper

More important how’s the cat doing today - mine idea was playing tag this morning but claws out

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
Best quote we will read all day today on this site " the best move was no moves at all " this guy can't help himself , I was all for his hire, thought he deserved a chance, now I am all for his dismissal...........Cooper if made available and he can bring Stamkos, Berube, might be interesting anyone else have ideas.....
Gerard Gallant springs to mind.

Reactions: Gordoff and BMC

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
I didn’t go - first playoff game missed in years. I didn’t feel well I went to doctors said I’ll live but prescribed meds - and went to bed early and didn’t watch it. I was supposed to go but passed and my friend took someone else/kid.

It’s nothing major but didn’t feel well but God willing I’ll be at next game 7 or Florida.

I taped and figured I’d watch this morning - I actually just woke up checked score and was shocked to see they lost.

Going back to bed and probably going to skip watching it

Get well soon!

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
Toronto was bad and missing Matthews I was there last night and just couldn't believe we looked that awful. No killer instinct and this team simply can't close. Gryzlyk playing was disgraceful why the hell would cueball insert him?

Hopefully we win one of the next two but I'm not very optimistic.

dugg133

Jan 11, 2023
Minor gripe I have, but I really do not understand the hesitation to put Lindholm-McAvoy together as a pairing for extended stretches. Like I get there's something to be said about having them split up to have at least one of them on the ice for like 45+ mins of the game. But the numbers that pairing have whenever they're together is like borderline best pairing in the league. Miko Rantenan did an interview earlier this season where he said that pairing was the hardest to play against in the entire league, we literally have our own version of Toews-Makar and we never f***ing use it. Add in that Lohrei has claimed a roster spot and IMO his best hockey this season has come next to Carlo, and I really do not understand the hesitation.

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
We all know that Forbort will be in next game too. If Carlo is hurt it will happen. And don’t be surprised that Monty has Grezlyk in too. Ya just get that feeling from him. Also lose game 6 he will be tempted to go with Ullmark. Hope I’m wrong……

Overcoached (if that’s even a word) is what seemed to happen. Also both teams really should ashamed of the game last night. If that’s playoff hockey then bring on the summer because that isn’t a product worth watching……
Couldn't agree more.
Been saying it since sometime during the Panthers series.
Over coaching. Monty can't seem to help himself. Has to put his hands all over the team. The team that won games 3 and 4 in Florida ladt season and the tram that won games 3 and 4 in Toronto this week. Those teams were "prepped and ready" for game fives. Nope. Coach has some ideas. ha!
Seen coaches do it before. Burns did it in Montreal and Toronto. Not in Jerseyb though. He learned (and they won him his only Cup)
The coach literally becomes the face of the franchise for all the wrong reasons.
I see that happening here in Boston

Last edited:

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
Games like last night just amplify the glaring need for a #1 center
Do you pay Stamkos $9m a year, knowing you'll likely have to overcommit on term?

Who do you move out? Zacha? Coyle? Both?

You assume Poitras figures into the top-6 moving forward.

They need an injection of talent in the top-6, whether it's at center, wing, or both.
I'm not married to this group of forwards, and I'd look at ways to bring in some dynamic pieces.

Reactions: Gordoff

Grimey

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 4, 2017
Stupid to look beyond the game in front of you IMO. This is what happens
Good lord, man. I’m not a player on the team looking at the next opponent, I’m a spectator commenting on how good Florida was in their series and saying these two look like AHL teams in comparison and would get smoked. Are we not allowed to compare teams?

Last edited:

yazmybaby

Sep 13, 2015
Brampton ON, Canada
We were just awful last night, except for Swayze.
Our first passes from the dee in the defensive zone were horrible. This was a huge strength for us when we beat the Leafs in their barn.
JDB could not control a pass.
Gryz should not be seeing another shift for us. How JT ( the slowest Leaf and a below average skater) can muscle his way to net is not acceptable.
I hope the team wakes up and gives a much better effort next game.
Beecher needs to get back into the lineup. We need him for faceoffs / his skating speed and PK ability.
I would sit either Maroon or JVR.
We missed Shatty on dee as well, hopefully he can play soon.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
brazeau should be in there.
maroon should sit for beecher

I could live with that…..my only worry is if the game is out of hand and Reaves starts some nonsense, I’d like Maroon in there to deal with it.

I don’t want Frederic being put in a tough spot.

(And I know it’s an unlikely scenario….but you never know)

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Good lord, man. I’m not a player on the team looking at the next opponent, I’m a spectator commenting on how good Florida was in their series and saying these two look like AHL teams in comparison and would get smoked. Are we not allowed to compare teams?
Go for it. I don't care to bring in that sort of juju

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
Games like last night just amplify the glaring need for a #1 center

Again, if you feel like investing the time, Evan Marinofsky and former Bruin/current head coach at St. Mark's, Carl Corazzini, made several salient points last night,

Both said Gryz was fine, if still unable to withstand bigger opponents; both placed the responsibility for the OT goal squarely on McAvoy.

Both opined that Boston should stick with Swayman for game six, put Shattenkirk back in with very limited minutes, sit Brazeau, put Beecher back in with Maroon and Boqvist, and keep Forbort out, at least for now. Whatever else is true, Shattenkirk and Gryz can transition the puck, not exactly Forbort's strong suit.

Corazzini and Marinofsky thought a| David's defensive play, such as it is, was characteristically cavalier and concerning; that he appears frustrated (stop me if you've heard this before) with Montgomery's unnecessary insertion of Brad on a line that was working well with Heinen. Corazzini made the obvious but critical point that neither Coyle nor Zacha cannot adequately distribute the puck to Marchand or Pasta because they simply aren't top centers.

Both said the Bruins were playing scared. They also indicated Montgomery is coaching scared.

To use an old quote about Sinden from another GM, "Harry doesn't play to win. He plays not to lose." One definition of losing hockey.

Both Corazzini and Marinofsky, like everyone else not named Jim Montgomery, were mystified by the decision to swap in Brazeau -- a rookie coming off an injury with no playoff experience -- for John Beecher -- a rookie also without playoff experience but your top FO option who also has size and speed.

They were both completely baffled by the substitution -- Corazzini said it was "Not the time to do this" literally at least a dozen times -- which, to my knowledge, Sunny Jim has yet to explain.

Rather, the coach evidently has "no regrets" regarding his nonsensical "adjustments."

It seems accountability goes one way on Causeway Street.

There should be plenty for Montgomery, and although of course it won't happen, for the general manager who constructed the roster.

Last edited:

SonnyBoy

Jan 25, 2022
Putrid effort. Coach is clueless. 63 is old.
63 is old but year after year he shows why he is a best player of the Bruins. If 88 would have even 50% of 63's heart and hockey IQ...
Zacha needs to show up. At least coyle is showing signs of life. And gotta say I feel for boquist. He’s flying out there and his two wingers are just so slow. Put him on 3rd line sit maroon and put Beecher at 4c.
Always everyone's fault before Pasta. Never he's fault. This board are laughing for Toronto's big 4 even when our $11,25 M is at least as shit than they are.
Yeah he didn’t look good tonight
He haven't look good at all this series. He is total shit when other team play tough against him. And Toronto hasn't even be very tough against him. He need to move more and faster. He has been one of the worst players on ice. And almost everybody give him a free pass.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad