Management Don Sweeney

Babajingo

He's going into the next few years with no prospects, no draft picks and avg cap space (remember that every team gets that extra cap). Should be interesting how he manages.
I think he is going to do what his owner wants him to do. Be good enough to the make the playoffs. Anything past round 1 is icing.

Reactions: GordonHowe

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
He's going into the next few years with no prospects, no draft picks and avg cap space (remember that every team gets that extra cap). Should be interesting how he manages.
I think he is going to do what his owner wants him to do. Be good enough to the make the playoffs. Anything past round 1 is icing.

His owner must be pretty stupid.

You make a lot more money when you go to the finals.

But then again, what's a billionaire know about making money.

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
No prospects (if you don’t count the guys who you didn’t count as prospects before who are now NHL players and don’t count other guys who are being discounted the way guys like Lohrei, Beecher, and Poitras were).

Ozzy Osbourne

Nov 14, 2023
Yeah because signing an aging power forward who already showed in the last seasons that he barely can keep up with the speed of the NHL would have changed this whole teams mentality. What a hot take. Admit it, Donny f***ed this team up. Bruins used to be the hammer, now they are the nail and Donny is responsible for this.

About the other crap you wrote, show some respect and don't get personal.
Respect is something not often seen here. As someone who watched his grandmother suffer with Alzheimer’s disease, it’s anything but funny.
Great post!

Reactions: Sevendust

TheReal13Linseman

Now accepting BitCoin
Oct 26, 2005
Nation's Capital
Anybody see Lindgren playing for the Rangers tonight? Wonder if Donny was watching.

• Traded to NY Rangers by Boston with Ryan Spooner, Matt Beleskey, Boston's 1st round pick in 2018 NHL Draft and Boston's 7th round pick in 2019 NHL Draft for Rick Nash, February 25, 2018.

Reactions: bbfan419

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Anybody see Lindgren playing for the Rangers tonight? Wonder if Donny was watching.

• Traded to NY Rangers by Boston with Ryan Spooner, Matt Beleskey, Boston's 1st round pick in 2018 NHL Draft and Boston's 7th round pick in 2019 NHL Draft for Rick Nash, February 25, 2018.
That first round pick became K'Andre Miller too

• Wow
Reactions: Hookslide

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut

Safe to say that didn't work out well.

Though they did get rid of Spooner & Belesky.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
They're were conversations about resigning him which wouldn't have been a bad idea but he retired. was a shame, clicked with Krejci right away.
Not getting Miller and McDonagh was the only real boner I can see with players we have missed out on. Frederic was in that one IIRC and the Bruins were reluctant which you understand. IMO B's def have one more cup w those two.

Patdud

Mar 23, 2022
New Hampshire
Not getting Miller and McDonagh was the only real boner I can see with players we have missed out on. Frederic was in that one IIRC and the Bruins were reluctant which you understand. IMO B's def have one more cup w those two.

Letting Tampa get McDonaugh really set the stage for them to be second fiddle to Tampa in 2018-2022. who knows if Miller would have been part of the package. I remember it as DeBrusk + for McDonaugh. I would have done it in a hearbeat, more so now. Never would have needed to make the lindholm deal, wouldn't have "needed" to draft Vaakaneinen, If you did get miller, theres your center, would have possibly had your 1st last year and a second this year, etc.

Your Top pair in 2019 would have been McDonaugh and McAvoy, Chara could have played with Carlo, etc.

sigh

Reactions: LouJersey

bb_fan

Feb 27, 2002
boston
Visit site
Yeah because signing an aging power forward who already showed in the last seasons that he barely can keep up with the speed of the NHL would have changed this whole teams mentality. What a hot take. Admit it, Donny f***ed this team up. Bruins used to be the hammer, now they are the nail and Donny is responsible for this.

About the other crap you wrote, show some respect and don't get personal.
you do know how far removed from 2011 we are?

Although i don't disagree with how soft this team is, he inherited a lot of that.

But hasn't done anything effective to change that either.

i also think MArchands comments the other day were a subtle jab at that.

Edit: to add to this, Sweeney traded a lot of chips for last years team, and that team was amazing and totally shit the bed. Not his fault at all.

Had they won the cup last year like they should have, we aren't even having this conversation. and everyone is probably fine with a year or two of sucking to build back up.

and yet here we are in round 2 with a team that most people thought would be a bubble playoff team

Gordon Lightfoot

Hey Dotcom. Nice to meet you.
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2009

That's totally fair. But I was with Sweeney on that one. I liked the Nash move at the time.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
you do know how far removed from 2011 we are?

Although i don't disagree with how soft this team is, he inherited a lot of that.

But hasn't done anything effective to change that either.

i also think MArchands comments the other day were a subtle jab at that.

Edit: to add to this, Sweeney traded a lot of chips for last years team, and that team was amazing and totally shit the bed. Not his fault at all.

Had they won the cup last year like they should have, we aren't even having this conversation. and everyone is probably fine with a year or two of sucking to build back up.

and yet here we are in round 2 with a team that most people thought would be a bubble playoff team

Funny, I've heard more than a couple of commentators state that the Boston/Florida series has been the most physical of these playoffs. At least one saying, "and it ain't even close".

Fire Sweeney

Jun 16, 2009
Bergen
I think he's already managed to squeeze an extra 5 years thanks to Chiarelli's good drafting and trades in his early tenure. He's done now. No Rask Charabor prime Marchand to save his ass, his mediocre drafting will be the end of him.

Reactions: Babajingo

Raleighfern

Apr 7, 2017
I think he's already managed to squeeze an extra 5 years thanks to Chiarelli's good drafting and trades in his early tenure. He's done now. No Rask Charabor prime Marchand to save his ass, his mediocre drafting will be the end of him.
what year do you consider chia's best draft year? his 1st draft was 2007 i believe and last was 2014.

dangermike

Jan 24, 2022
Letting Tampa get McDonaugh really set the stage for them to be second fiddle to Tampa in 2018-2022. who knows if Miller would have been part of the package. I remember it as DeBrusk + for McDonaugh. I would have done it in a hearbeat, more so now. Never would have needed to make the lindholm deal, wouldn't have "needed" to draft Vaakaneinen, If you did get miller, theres your center, would have possibly had your 1st last year and a second this year, etc.

Your Top pair in 2019 would have been McDonaugh and McAvoy, Chara could have played with Carlo, etc.

sigh
ya with a tiny caveat - shoulda won in 2019, was wagon-ish in 2020 before covid and tampa was hurt...

that could have gone so differently that i cant pin it on sweeney although mcdonough would have been sick back there

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad