Post-Game Talk: ECQF Game 5 - Back To Hogtown - Toronto 4 BRUINS 3 FINAL - Boston leads series 3-2

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
Please explain to me how Ryan Donato helps this team right now? Honestly.

I get we're all excited about the kid, but he's not built for a series like this at all. He's knocked off the puck far too easily. Terrible in his own zone.

I love his promise, truly I do, but he's not the answer.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Perhaps the worst part about this is that i have two days (one of them being a Monday) to sit and stew over this. Hockey isn’t fun sometimes. This is one of those times.

BruinsPortugal

Dec 3, 2009
Portugal
Honestly. This is coming back to Boston.
feels that way. and i agree we need donato in there. 1-6 on the pp is frickin embarassing.

anyway, we all knew boston is the better team and we all knew toronto matches very well against us, giving them hope is the lwst thing we should be doing. im pissed. f*** this.

BruinsFTW

Jun 26, 2007
Boston, MA
Had dozens of chances to tie the game up..Andersen was huge for them..

I hope they show up Monday ready to close this out. Toronto isn't just gonna lay down..Need a better effort to start off. The guys who are paid to show up need to show up and be better...They were hesitant to shoot, over passing, gotta forcheck more...defense just allowing that stretch pass to kill them...

People wanted PP's and Boston got gifted a few and no finish...5 on 3 couldn't score...inexcusable...They gotta be better...We had so many chances to get back in the game.

Need a better effort next game. Bruins could have closed this out if they tightened up the defense and prevented those stretch passes. We dominated a lot of this game just had no finish majority of the time.

People blame Rask, One of the goals he should have 100% had..but he was laid out to dry by the defense multiple times...No goalie in the league stops that JVR shot unless they get a quick poke on him...If you shoot under the bar like that you'll score 90% of the time..especially in close like that because physically a goalie can't move his arms high enough quick enough to stop it..It happens. Rask made some big saves too. Problem is our defense let up WAYYYY too many high % chances against him. McAvoy looked like total shit on the back end..Marchand not back checking didn't help at all on the one..

Need better effort all around..It's not on Rask...I expect him to come back better next game.

Anderson played a hell of a game and we couldn't finish, period..

Need better play in the neutral zone, better for-check, stop that goddamn stretch pass. Leafs got lucky they held us off, we dominated the last half of the game.

I hope Boston comes back ready to run them over in Toronto and end this series. Don't let them go to 7. Bring it from puck drop and lets go. End this. Dont give them the momentum coming into Boston. Finish this.

I had Boston in 6 and I expect them to finish this off next game. Andersen isn't special. Destroy them in their own building and finish it off.

Reactions: Glove Malfunction

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Please explain to me how Ryan Donato helps this team right now? Honestly.

I get we're all excited about the kid, but he's not built for a series like this at all. He's knocked off the puck far too easily. Terrible in his own zone.

I love his promise, truly I do, but he's not the answer.

The only way I would consider Donato in would be for Rick Nash...and I would be stunned if they benched him.

Dabruins

Mar 15, 2003
Canada
Cant get 6 PP's (1:34 of 5-3) at home in a series clenching game and come away even in PP goals with a team who only got one PP.

Why does our core seem to struggle with closing out series??? Maybe just me could be wrong, I would like to see the stats of when we have a chance to close the series the first time (they seem to do well in game 7's) what our record is?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad