ECQF Game 4: Pittsburgh Penguins @ Philadelphia Flyers | 7 PM ET | CBC, TVAS, NBCSN, NBCSP, ATTSN-PT

Status
Not open for further replies.

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
You're going to blame the coach for that roster? I think people vastly overestimate what coaching can accomplish at the NHL level.

He is the worst and constantly chooses TRASH vets over young guys, he is so far over his head it quite sad. I am quite confident saying he will never coach in the NHL again.

And you are right, Vegas coach is awful, its that team of perennial all stars steam rolling the Kings

canadianguy77

Apr 20, 2006
He is the worst and constantly chooses TRASH vets over young guys, he is so far over his head it quite sad. I am quite confident saying he will never coach in the NHL again.

And you are right, Vegas coach is awful, its that team of perennial all stars steam rolling the Kings
Vegas has a team full of guys with chips on their shoulders, and none of them were the worst on their respective teams.

Reactions: Jaded-Fan

Rich Nixon

No Prior Knowledge of "Flyers"
Jul 11, 2006
Key Biscayne
You're going to blame the coach for that roster? I think people vastly overestimate what coaching can accomplish at the NHL level.

At the same time, people underestimate what coaching can do.

Yes, I would blame a coach who has Giroux, Voracek, Couturier, Simmonds, Gostisbehere, and Provorov at his disposal for barely sneaking into the playoffs and getting obliterated once there. Is there also a lot of trash on the roster? Yup. There could be less, however, if he didn't consciously choose to play it over stronger alternatives. No one is forcing him to scratch Hagg or, at one time, Sanheim in favor of Manning. No one is making him play Filppula almost as many minutes as Giroux. No one is making him play Lehtera over Weal. No one is making him play Konecny on the 3rd line after he scored about 20 goals in 38 games on the 1st.

This has been covered before.

vippe

Mar 18, 2008
Sweden
Hope Couts is not seriously injured for Flyers to make it a better series.

Didnt know Hörnqvist was out? What is the status on him? Expected to come back?

Bar Down

Bar Mexico
Jan 28, 2013
Beneath PPG Paints
Hope Couts is not seriously injured for Flyers to make it a better series.

Didnt know Hörnqvist was out? What is the status on him? Expected to come back?

Word is it's a concussion, although the Penguins won't tell you that.

Official status from the Penguins: "Out with an upper body injury, day-to-day" (such a hockey diagnosis)

vippe

Mar 18, 2008
Sweden
Word is it's a concussion, although the Penguins won't tell you that.

Official status from the Penguins: "Out with an upper body injury, day-to-day" (such a hockey diagnosis)

Well that's a classic diagnosis if there ever was one. Sad to hear it.

Is there a play that could be the cause of to see somewhere?

Rich Nixon

Jul 11, 2006
Key Biscayne
Well that's a classic diagnosis if there ever was one. Sad to hear it.

Is there a play that could be the cause of to see somewhere?

The only legitimately hard knock I have seen him take all series was about 3 minutes into Game 1. If that's the case, it might explain his behavior in Game 2.

24 others

Jan 30, 2017
At the same time, people underestimate what coaching can do.

Yes, I would blame a coach who has Giroux, Voracek, Couturier, Simmonds, Gostisbehere, and Provorov at his disposal for barely sneaking into the playoffs and getting obliterated once there. Is there also a lot of trash on the roster? Yup. There could be less, however, if he didn't consciously choose to play it over stronger alternatives. No one is forcing him to scratch Hagg or, at one time, Sanheim in favor of Manning. No one is making him play Filppula almost as many minutes as Giroux. No one is making him play Lehtera over Weal. No one is making him play Konecny on the 3rd line after he scored about 20 goals in 38 games on the 1st.

This has been covered before.
This is pretty much a perfect summary.

Rich Nixon

Jul 11, 2006
Key Biscayne
I, unlike Hakstol, have a fresh game plan for Game 4: Pick up a cheap sixer and watch from home.

Flyers 2, Pens 1
GO FLYERS GO

I have 4 Modelos, one Yuengling, and a shot of Beam at my house. I'ma put it all in my belly and document my feelings right here on the HF, for you, dear readers.

Reactions: CNote and Bar Down

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Hopefully the end of Haktard is close !!

See this is why NHLers call you out.

The only legitimately hard knock I have seen him take all series was about 3 minutes into Game 1. If that's the case, it might explain his behavior in Game 2.

Maybe it was the board he took and embellished? Or he's really, really committed to his acting.

Hornqvist>D Day Louis

Reactions: Tom Hanks

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017

His head did go into the boards pretty hard game 2

EDIT: mentioned above

bambamcam4ever

107 and counting
Feb 16, 2012
Coaching has a massive impact on a team's success.

I'll take Flyers fans at their word that his lineup choices are poor, but that is a very small part of the picture in terms of how good a coach one is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad