ECQF Game 4: Pittsburgh Penguins @ Philadelphia Flyers | 7 PM ET | CBC, TVAS, NBCSN, NBCSP, ATTSN-PT

Status
Not open for further replies.

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
2018 STANLEY CUP PLAYOFFS
EASTERN CONFERENCE FIRST ROUND

PITTSBURGH PENGUINS (2-1; 47-29-6)
vs PHILADELPHIA FLYERS (1-2; 42-26-14)

3CeYp0jl.jpg
th

1_2_2018_FlyersvsPens_1st_credKateFrese_9.0.jpg
BROADCAST INFORMATION
  • Television: NBCSN (Gord Miller and Pierre Maguire), CBC, TVAS, NBCSP, ATTSN-PT
  • Radio: 97.5 The Fanatic
  • Streams: Do not post or request any streams or links to unauthorized sites.
TEAMS' WEBSITES
GAME PREVIEW, NOTES and STATISTICS
TEAMS' STATISTICS (Playoffs)
TeamsGamesRecordPoints HomeAwayGFGAPP%PK%FO%Save%PIM
Penguins32-1-----1-11-013626.784.651.4.915 42
Flyers31-2-----0-11-161315.473.348.6.88246
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

TEAMS' STATISTICS (Regular Season)

TeamsGamesRecordPoints HomeAwayGFGAPP%PK%FO%Save%PIM
Penguins8247-29-610030-9-217-20-427024826.280.050.2.903 775
Flyers8242-26-149822-13-620-13-824923620.775.853.3.904679
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

PHILADELPHIA FLYERS

images
Possible Lineup (The lines include possible adjustments if Couturier does not play)
Lines
28 Claude Giroux - 14 Sean Couturier/19 Nolan Patrick - 93 Jakub Voracek
11 Travis Konecny - 19 Nolan Patrick/51 Valtteri Filppula - 17 Wayne Simmonds
12 Michael Raffl - 51 Valtteri Filppula/21 Scott Laughton - 40 Jordan Weal
21 Scott Laughton/54 Oskar Lindblom - 15 Jori Lehtera - 24 Matt Read
Pairings
9 Ivan Provorov - 53 Shayne Gostisbehere
47 Andrew MacDonald - 6 Travis Sanheim
23 Brandon Manning - 3 Radko Gudas
Goalies
37 Brian Elliott (starter per media report) - 34 Petr Mrazek

Injuries and Scratches

8 Robert Hagg could be a healthy scratch.
14 Sean Couturier was injured at practice in a collision. An update is due later today..
20 Taylor Leier could be a healthy scratch.
22 Dale Weise could be a healthy scratch.
29 Johnny Oduya could be a healthy scratch.
30 Michel Neuvirth is day-to-day with a lower body injury.
40 Jordan Weal could replace Oskar Lindblom.
54 Oskar Lindblom could be a healthy scratch or be re-inserted in lineup if Couturier is out..

Power Play Units
1. Jake Voracek - Sean Couturier - Nolan Patrick - Claude Giroux - Shayne Gostisbehere
2. Jordan Weal (Oskar Lindblom) - Travis Konecny - Wayne Simmonds - Travis Sanheim - Ivan Provorov
MEDIA CONTACTS
Courier-Post of South Jersey
HockeyBuzz.com
NBC Sports Philadelphia
Web site -- Flyers
John Boruk's Twitter -- John Boruk (@johnborukNBCS) | Twitter
Philadelphia Daily News and Inquirer
Web site -- Philly.com Flyers
Sam Carchidi's Twitter -- Sam Carchidi (@BroadStBull) | Twitter
Sons of Penn

PITTSBURGH PENGUINS

th
Possible Lineup
Lines

59 Jake Guentzel - 87 Sidney Crosby - 12 Dominik Simon
62 Carl Hagelin - 71 Evgeni Malkin - 81 Phil Kessel
43 Conor Sheary - 19 Derick Brassard -17 Bryan Rust
46 Zach Aston-Reese - 15 Riley Sheahan - 34 Tom Kuhnhackl
Pairings
8 Brian Dumolin - 58 Kris Letang
3 Olli Maataa - 4 Justin Schultz
6 Jamie Oleksiak - 2 Chad Ruhwedel
Goalies
30 Matt Murray (starter) - 1 Casey DeSmith
Injuries and Scratches
16 Josh Jooris could be a healthy scratch.
22 Matt Hunwick could be a healthy scratch.
37 Carter Rowney is day-to-day with an upper body injury.
72 Patric Hornqvist will not play in Game 4 (day-to-day thereafter) due to an upper body injury.

Power Play Units
1. Jake Guentzel - Evgeni Malkin - Phil Kessel - Sidney Crosby - Kris Letang
2. Dominik Simon or Zach Aston-Reese - Conor Sheary - Derick Brassard - Brian Dumoulin - Justin Schultz
MEDIA CONTACTS
Athletic, The
Web site --http://www.theathletic.com/pittsburgh/
Seth Rorabaugh's Twitter -- Seth Rorabaugh (@SethRorabaugh) | Twitter
Josh Yohe's Twitter -- Josh Yohe (@JoshYohe_PGH) | Twitter
AT&T SportsNet Pittsburgh
Pens Inside Scoop
Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
Pittsburgh Tribune
Web site -- Penguins
Jonathan Bombaluie's Twitter -- Jonathan Bombulie (@BombulieTrib) | Twitter
Radio
Penguins' Live -- Penguins Live (@penguinslive) | Twitter
Josh Getzoff's Twitter -- Josh Getzoff (@PensJG) | Twitter
FLYERS' SCHEDULE
No. ResultDateTime (ET)Television Radio
1Flyers 0 at Penguins 7Wednesday, April 117:00 pm NBCSN, CBC, TVA Sports93.3 FM
2Flyers 5 at Penguins 1Friday, April 137:00 pm NBCSN, CBC, TVA Sports97.5 FM
3Penguins 5 at Flyers 1Sunday, April 153:00 pmNBC, CBC, TVA Sports97.5 FM
4Penguins at FlyersWednesday, April 187:00 pmNBCSN, CBC, TVAS, NBCSP, ATTSN-PT97.5 FM
5Flyers at PenguinsFriday, April 207:00 pmNBCSN, CBC, TVAS, ATTSN-PT97.5 FM
6Penguins at FlyersSunday, April 22TBDTBDTBD
7Flyers at PenguinsTuesday, April 24TBDTBDTBD
[THEAD] [/THEAD]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

GAME DAY MUSIC

"Take No Prisoners" by Megadeth

Last edited:

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh

Depending on how much credit you give to Issac's opinion, it certainly sounds as if even if he does play he will be seriously hampered by the injury. And that it indeed is an injury and not just a bruise to shake off.

MayonnaiseOreo

I Hate the Flyers
Apr 8, 2012
A Glass of Milk
I think if Couturier's injury is serious or if he's out, then the Flyers are done. The Penguins have been the better team for 7 periods of hockey in this series and at times it hasn't even been close with how much better they've looked than the Flyers (skating circles around the team).

Let's hope the Flyers can stay out of the box and even it up tonight.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
I think if Couturier's injury is serious or if he's out, then the Flyers are done. The Penguins have been the better team for 7 periods of hockey in this series and at times it hasn't even been close with how much better they've looked than the Flyers (skating circles around the team).

Let's hope the Flyers can stay out of the box and even it up tonight.

I am not trying to downplay the importance of Couts, but I think with the Pens losing Hornqvist, it can be a wash. It may not look like it, but #72 brings such an element to our team that nobody is able to cover for if he's out.

CanadianPensFan1

Jun 13, 2014
Canada
I am not trying to downplay the importance of Couts, but I think with the Pens losing Hornqvist, it can be a wash. It may not look like it, but #72 brings such an element to our team that nobody is able to cover for if he's out.

While I understand your point, I sort of go the other way.

Sure, no one brings what Horns does but other guys can step up. Maybe Zar. Jake filled in well last year and scored some awesome goals.

The Flyers dont have as much depth though. Who replaces what Couts does?

Both guys being out hurts both teams for sure. I just think the last of depth on the Flyers side makes it sting for them a tad more.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh

I know your love of Horny, and it is well placed. Everything you say is true. In a vacuum one on one comparison.

The one thing that you leave out is that the Pens have more depth than the Flyers and can afford a loss better than they can. The Flyers have some undeniable world class talent. But they are young and get a bit thin the further down you go. The issues they faced were matchup issues when this series started, and losing Coots, or even limiting him, only exacerbates those issues.

Horny is a big loss as well and he will not be replaced, but others can step up and take up the slack.

Reactions: AnimalFear

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
While I understand your point, I sort of go the other way.

Sure, no one brings what Horns does but other guys can step up. Maybe Zar. Jake filled in well last year and scored some awesome goals.

The Flyers dont have as much depth though. Who replaces what Couts does?

Both guys being out hurts both teams for sure. I just think the last of depth on the Flyers side makes it sting for them a tad more.

I know your love of Horny, and it is well placed. Everything you say is true. In a vacuum one on one comparison.

The one thing that you leave out is that the Pens have more depth than the Flyers and can afford a loss better than they can. The Flyers have some undeniable world class talent. But they are young and get a bit thin the further down you go. The issues they faced were matchup issues when this series started, and losing Coots, or even limiting him, only exacerbates those issues.

Horny is a big loss as well and he will not be replaced, but others can step up and take up the slack.

I will concede my argument as I believe my love for Hornqvist has tilted and skewed my point of view. :laugh:

At least I admit it.

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
At least with Hornqvist being out the majority of the after whistle scrums can go away and Elliot doesn't have to worry about breaking his hand on one of Hornqvist's "just digging for the puck" jabs. ;)

thelos

Bunk
Jul 19, 2011
I will concede my argument as I believe my love for Hornqvist has tilted and skewed my point of view. :laugh:

At least I admit it.

Couts plays more minutes for the flyers than anyone other than Provorov, is our best defensive forward and our top line centre. Hornqvist is 8th in TOI for Pittsburgh, and is a great pest/power forward. Not even comparable. Yes losing Hornqvist is annoying for Pitt, but losing Couturier is essentially a nail in the coffin for PHI.

Reactions: CNote

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Pittsburgh needs to worry about their own game regardless of of who's in the line up for Philly. My biggest concern was our puck management. If we're better at taking care of the puck we should be ok. If not Philly can very easily take advantage of that and convert those turnovers into goals.

Reactions: Beau Knows

Bingo71

Apr 3, 2018
Corry, PA
At least with Hornqvist being out the majority of the after whistle scrums can go away and Elliot doesn't have to worry about breaking his hand on one of Hornqvist's "just digging for the puck" jabs. ;)
Don’t worry, Gudas is injuring your players for you...

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
Without Couts we have G to fill the center spot and we don’t lose too much in that capacity. If g stays at wing then we have filpulla and Lehtera as the 2c and 3C potentially. We could be looking at a record setting night for the pens centers. Our only hope is Hornqvist was the key to everything like Talbot was to the troll.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->