ECQF Game 3: Washington (1) at Columbus (WC1) 7:30 PM ET | SN360, TVAS, NBCSN, FS-O, NBCSWA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skrudland2Lomakin

Jan 1, 2011
He was thinking about Holtby the last two playoffs against the Pens.

But they weren't playing the Pens this round. It's still questionable.
No, he was thinking about Holtby as he was this season.

Hi, there is a regular season, I watched as did Barry.

hiii.gif

illpucks

May 26, 2011
Capitals are so going to win this game and series. I just cant believe they are letting Columbus stay around in this game. That powerplay was terrible.
And how are they going to do that? Ovi and Kuzy can't hit the net. They are barely clinging to life. Holtby has kept them in but has been really shaky with rebounds

Wolf Larsen

Jan 10, 2017
Who else is hoping for the Columbus win and then the Washington reverse sweep? I think that'd be perfectly exasperating for everyone involved....as long as game 7 goes 3 OT.

Tasty Biscuits

with fancy sauce
Aug 8, 2011
Pittsburgh
No, he was thinking about Holtby as he was this season.

Hi, there is a regular season, I watched as did Barry.

Holtby has great playoff numbers against every team but one. No reason to think that was going to change anytime soon. Lo and behold, he's looked great this series thus far.

If Casey DeSmith or Tristan Jarry went on an absolute tear in the regular season, Pens still would've started Matt Murray these playoffs, because of his track record in the playoffs (and looking at the numbers this season, you could make a case for that). That's what's important.

Reactions: Anisimovs AK

illpucks

May 26, 2011
Who else is hoping for the Columbus win and then the Washington reverse sweep? I think that'd be perfectly exasperating for everyone involved....as long as game 7 goes 3 OT.
This series does have shades of Sharks-Kings 2014

Devilsfan118

Sing us a song, you're the Schiano man
Jun 11, 2010
NJ
Is Backstrom even playing in the OT?

Crazy how their 1C manages to ghost in pivotal situations yet still somehow avoid criticism.

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
Holtby has great playoff numbers against every team but one. No reason to think that was going to change anytime soon. Lo and behold, he's looked great this series thus far.

If Casey DeSmith or Tristan Jarry went on an absolute tear in the regular season, Pens still would've started Matt Murray these playoffs, because of his track record in the playoffs (and looking at the numbers this season, you could make a case for that). That's what's important.

And the only reason his numbers are bad vs that team is every goal was on a 2 on 1, 3 on 2, or a breakaway

apollo71426

Jan 21, 2010
Is Backstrom even playing in the OT?

Crazy how their 1C manages to ghost in pivotal situations yet still somehow avoid criticism.
He definitely deserves more criticism. I know hes a quiet player but hes been too quiet. Definitely on the trading block if caps are ousted.

With that being said I think he has 2-3 playoff OT winners in his career.

Reactions: Extra Texture

Skrudland2Lomakin

Jan 1, 2011

You seem to be missing the point, Grubauer didn't just go on a tear so much as it coincided with Holtby shitting the bed and then liting it on fire. You're saying he had a bad series against only the Pens, as if that was six years ago and not the last playoff series he was involved in (also just patently false as he looked shaky against Toronto too).

So your argument boils down to, ignore that regular season and most recent playoffs... that guy was great two years ago, even though the back up has played like a 1 G on most teams. Cool.

Fatty McLardy

Oct 6, 2017
This is the time for the Caps to take over...Holtby has been huge, their PK was clutch, now top players from the caps have to do their job and win it for the team..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad